simm is offline Senior Member

Question for all you judokas.....

What do you think of high pulls (barbell) to chest height,for explosive power...This exercise follows weighted dips in my routine for judo???
    Would you consider this better than deadlifts?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I'm not a judoka but I have experience with the high pull. The high pull is an excellent exercise for developing explosive power. Anytime you have triple extension (hip, knee, and ankle joints), it's a great power exercise. Do you do power high pulls (from floor) or hang high pulls (close to the knees)? If you're doing the power high pull, then I would definitely take deadlifts out of your program.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Sorry, can't advise as I've done neither.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Sorry, can't advise as I've done neither.
    What type of strength training program do you follow for Judo? At 260, you're a pretty big dude! Thanks.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I am laying off the weight training for now, that Matt Furey was on to something there.

I started mixing up bootcamp with tae bo, and to my surprise there is a lot of squats, lungs, push-ups and deltoid work in thoses dvds, the ultimate bootcamp has it all 1 hour you work cardio, biceps , triceps , deltoids, chest, legs, hams, and the whole damn body with abs work, to get you rock hard. You do have to use special bands that you hook up to your hankles and arms but they can really have an impact on training. Another great thing i like about the dvds is that there is a lot of streching, good stretches for back, hams, legs and more so the warm up is great.

I do the bootcamp 2-3 times a week, and tae bo 2 times the advance tape and basic, and i will soon add Bas boxing cd to the whole mix.

Thread Information