Cuttup is offline Senior Member

Cotto VS Mayweather

Who would you predict to win?

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    First of all in my opinion Cotto is not in the same league as any of the 3 major welters...i truely think hes the weakest of them all in abillity to box.

Mayweather would probably clear him out within 5 rounds.

But im not saying he is no good because every dog has its day

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    First of all in my opinion Cotto is not in the same league as any of the 3 major welters...i truely think hes the weakest of them all in abillity to box.

Mayweather would probably clear him out within 5 rounds.
    I think hes in the same league,..just not fully developed. He hits harder than Mayweather but Mayweather currently holds an edge on Cotto. That edge is the fact that he has faught nearly every top contender in his weight class and his surrounding weight class. Cotto has not ventured into the depths of that many TOP contenders yet,.but he is heading that way. Id give cotto another year or two,..he will take Mayweather!
    Last edited by Cuttup; 06-27-2005 at 04:34 PM.

Yeha you could be right...as i said every dog has his day...but ide like to see him fight harris first to see if he can make it big time.

Yeha you could be right...as i said every dog has his day...but ide like to see him fight harris first to see if he can make it big time.
    Harris is a joke. Did you see what Masua did to Harris? Did you see what Cotto did to Massua?

krownedroyal is offline New Member
    pound for pound Mayweather is 1 of the best fighting at this time. He'll beat hopkins right now & hopkins is probably the best right now.

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krownedroyal
    pound for pound Mayweather is 1 of the best fighting at this time. He'll beat hopkins right now & hopkins is probably the best right now.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup
    I think hes in the same league,..just not fully developed. He hits harder than Mayweather but Mayweather currently holds an edge on Cotto. That edge is the fact that he has faught nearly every top contender in his weight class and his surrounding weight class. Cotto has not ventured into the depths of that many TOP contenders yet,.but he is heading that way. Id give cotto another year or two,..he will take Mayweather!
    agreed. i was a little suprised when he beat randle bailey. have to give him props for that but he doesnt touch mayweather.

I see where your coming from with harris but harris has beaten some decent fighters and thats why ide like to see them fight before stepping up class...because i think atm both hatton and mayweather or also not forgetting kosta if he dicides to come back would make him look silly.

And if Mayweather steps up a wieght then Hmmm the catagory is wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    agreed. i was a little suprised when he beat randle bailey. have to give him props for that but he doesnt touch mayweather.
    yes,.a bailey gave Mayweather a little run for his money when the two faught! In the Cotto vs Bailey, Cotto knocked him down 2 or 3 times in the first round. Bailey had never been stopped do you TKO ( including against mayweather) until he met Cotto.I think they stopped it too soon however.

I see where your coming from with harris but harris has beaten some decent fighters and thats why ide like to see them fight before stepping up class...because i think atm both hatton and mayweather or also not forgetting kosta if he dicides to come back would make him look silly.
    Kosta is still a huge threat!

Thread Information