Thread: Streetfighters

simm is offline Senior Member

Streetfighters

Does anyone know the name of the heavyweight boxer from the bronx who was shot to death in the 80's,i think that he was jewish? and is it true that kurt angles brother mark was a legendary streetfighter in pittsburgh?? Does anyone have any stories on these two fighters??

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Mark Angle never quit made it true in wrestling, he is bigger then Kurt. He got a small break in the late 90 when i replaced Kurt Angle at the end of a match to get slammed by the undertaker.

Mark is a true wrestler has Kurt is he didnt win any medals. Think he was in OVW for a while but now we dont ear nothing about him anymore.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! Did you ever hear any true life stories about mark angel. i read that he was a really dominant streetfighter in the pittsburgh area! any truth to this comment??

juanmoorebeer is offline New Member

It's true.

Kurt Angle's brother Mark was one fearsome street fighter. From an early age, he would approach random kids and ask them to fight without other provocation, so that he could become tough. Rumors are that his father supported that type of behavior.

He approached an older friend who tried to refuse then got the crap beaten out of him.

Personally, I was a year or two behind him and much smaller, but got the same request to fight from another borther, John, so it seems reasonable that the dad was behind it. I did resist the attempt however.

Mark was the toughest man I ever knew, though not the smartest. His lengend includes an incident where he was knifed, went on the beat the crap out of the guy that knifed him, then went to the hospital. I cannot attest to this incident personally.

He was still very young when he changed his ways for the most part. He got involved in scholastic wrestling and that seemed to help him channel his agression to more productive activities.

I can't imagine how his family would have fared without the Keystone oaks HS wrestling program and their subsequent connection with the sport. The sport has not saved them from all problems, as I am aware of many specific incidents in which they do not shine, but I don't doubt that it has helped keep some or all of them out of prison or the grave.

Thread Information