yannick32 is offline Associate Member

Cool Anyone practice Kyu Kushin karate

I have been shopping around for martial arts lately and most of the Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai i found is quit unafordable for me.

I have found a Kyo Kushin dojo that is near my job, and at around 300$ a year.

I did Kyo Kushin when i was younger and i remember being full contact and a great way to get back into shape.

Anyone practice this karate style?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    No. I would prefer to train at a muay thai or brazilian ju-jitsu gym but none are a close enough drive. Currently, I'm stuck going to an Olympic-style Tae Kwon Do studio. When checking out Bas Rutten's credentials, I noticed he was a second degree black belt in TKD. I figured at least I could become a better striker. Good luck!

Yeah get Bas full dvd fighting career the guy is an icon of MMA. He got some sick kicks., He actually knocked a guy out with a front kick in one of is fights, a liver kick LOL he loves them

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    my buddy cj did kyo, it's useless. A horse stance is just not effective in fighting. It's good for a workout or if you like learning about the culture but not effective what so ever in real life.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    Yeah get Bas full dvd fighting career the guy is an icon of MMA. He got some sick kicks., He actually knocked a guy out with a front kick in one of is fights, a liver kick LOL he loves them
    For my non-TKD days, I use Bas's MMA workout. The thai box workout on the heavy bag is my favorite. I also purchased his street fighting DVD, but my brother now lives 120 miles away, so I don't get a lot of practice with his techniques.

Horse stand is shotokan not kyu kushin, sorry who won the last k-1 event a kyo kushin fighter.

Kyo kushin is full contact karate not point system like sissi shotokan, kyo allows leg kick and reflects a lot of what you see in stand up street fight.

Kyo kushin adapts there is boxing techics, and much more.

In 1987 i did 1 year of kyo kushin then got into tae kwon do, I was used to get hit with no protection to the chest, thigh and stomach a lot, in tae kwon do fighting was really easy.

Kyo Kushin is the best karate out there. I never saw anyone fighting with the horse stance, thoses are only to strenghten the body.

Thread Information