Terminator1 is offline Associate Member

Why the hell am I gassing so soon now?

Im on my 2nd month of JuJitsu and my stamina is lower now than when I started. I was rolling for 5 minutes without gassing but these past two weeks I have been running totally out of air within 30 seconds. And i mean where I almost pass out. It almost feels like a anxiety attack or something. I also think I might have a sinus infection. Not sure if that could be the cause or not? Maybe asthma? I have always had breathing problems(bad sinuses) while growing up but not near this bad. I am going to go see a doc next week. Any suggestions?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1
    I am going to go see a doc next week. Any suggestions?

Seriously, without being a smartass, wait and see the Doc. Until you see him maybe lay off the Jitz for the moment and get some cardio workouts in.

Bouncer, without being a smart ass, I dont believe its totally cardio, thats why I am going to the Doc. I am a former wrestler and also raced MX for about 15 years until a year ago. You want to talk cardio try racing MX. Like I said just 2 weeks ago i was all out sparring and grappling for 5 minute periods without gassing to hard and that was with Blue and purple belts. And yea I will proborably see the Doc Monday so i doubt I will do any JuJitsu before then!

I think you've answered your own question then, its not a conditioning problem.

Div1Wrestler is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1
    Im on my 2nd month of JuJitsu and my stamina is lower now than when I started. I was rolling for 5 minutes without gassing but these past two weeks I have been running totally out of air within 30 seconds. And i mean where I almost pass out. It almost feels like a anxiety attack or something. I also think I might have a sinus infection. Not sure if that could be the cause or not? Maybe asthma? I have always had breathing problems(bad sinuses) while growing up but not near this bad. I am going to go see a doc next week. Any suggestions?

The Grappling sports is the easiest to overtrain in plus with breathing problems, try going lighter in your rolling nice in relaxed until you see a DR.

I take nose drops every time I spar (its a bad habit) to get enuff air....

Quote Originally Posted by Div1Wrestler
    I take nose drops every time I spar (its a bad habit) to get enuff air....

I rub 'Tiger Balm' under my nose, again not a good idea either!.

savax is offline Associate Member
    It's kinda strange, but i have teh exact same problem when i'm rolling. I gas fast, and my muscles are very sore/tired. I think i'm too big for my height, maybe. I noticed after i put on some muscle by lifting, my stamina decreased tremendously. Part of it might be exercise induced asthma of which you can puff some albuterol before your workouts. Make sure you warm up well first otherwise your muscles get really sore fast.

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    You are probably holding your breath when you are going after moves which is common for newer people. I do this all the time without even noticing it. Its always good to keep your breathing to slow steady breaths with deep exhales because it is more important to get the CO2 out of you rather than intaking more O2. Are you on any gear? I know clen ****s me up rolling as does fina.

[QUOTE=billy_ba]You are probably holding your breath when you are going after moves which is common for newer people. I do this all the time without even noticing it. Its always good to keep your breathing to slow steady breaths with deep exhales because it is more important to get the CO2 out of you rather than intaking more O2. Are you on any gear? I know clen ****s me up rolling as does fina.[/QUOT

I know I do sometimes hold my breath but I have been paying attention to my breathing and that hasnt been helping either. And yes i am on gear. about 14 weeks into my cycle. Just 600 of cyp right now. I thought clen would help. I thought I heard they give that to asthmatics?

savax is offline Associate Member
    If your cardio doesn't match the rate at which your body is growing while on gear, you get super gassed fast.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Whenever I am on gear I get short of breath extremely quickly. I wonder if that is the problem, especially if nothing else has changed.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe that to be one of the sides of gear is especially tren is to have less lung capacity for whatever reason. Happens to me everytime and three days later when I am off the cycle and PCTing I suddenly have all this energy and wind. Got to be the gear!

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    clen will kill your wind when grappling. They give asthmatics a dose 10-20 times smaller than the dose we take 200mcg. What is happening is that your lungs are so open that you can get good breaths in but you cant expell the co2 from your bloodstream out through your lungs. This makes you get out of breath quick. When you get off the clen it will take 2-3 days to get your wind back to normal.

Thread Information