Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bruce Lee sucks!!

Alfamale is offline Associate Member

Bruce Lee sucks!!

Im soo tired of people that thinks that Bruce Lee would have even a slight chans againt a top ranked MMA fighter whit MMA rules or a top ranked Muay thai fighter whit thai rules. You must understand that Bruce Lee was an actor and not a God whit hands like knives or what ever. And if hes system (Jet kun do) is so great why hasent their been a top fighter whit that background in all these years? I have seen all hes movies and the guys he playfight against is also actors (mostly) and they also suxs, big time.
    And please understand that weight does matter and ive seen morons that say it dosent and that big guys has bad stamina and so on....Ofcourse a small guy has easier to get great stamina but if you train 10-15 times/week as all top fighters do you get great stamina what ever weightclass you compete in. And by the way Bruce would be owned by guys in hes weight class also.
    I im sure that all guys that have Bruce Lee as a winner in this imaginefight havent been competing in a higher level. Because if they had you would know that competetive fighting has evolved hugely in all these years and it still do.
    So to all "belivers" of Bruce where a God stop fooling your self and start train seriously and quit looking at old kung-fu movies.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Your problem is that you have seen too many kung fu movies and not enough of Lee's training or demonstration videos. Comparing him to fighters of today is stupid anyway, I don't know why anyone does it. That's like trying to compare Jack Johnson to Mike Tyson. They were in two different eras and its like comaring apples to oranges. Sounds like you have never studied JKD either so you are speaking of something you know nothing about. Just because a JKD guy has not been a so-called top fighter does not make the system inferior to something like BJJ or Muay Thai. I can tell you that on the street I would rather have JKD techniques than the other two (if I could only have one style). Of course the best fighter is a rounded fighter and I would include ground fighting as a must. There are many JKD techniques that have no place in the ring but are VERY effective on the street. If you investigate a little more you will find out that they include eye jabs and gouges, low kicks to the knee and groin and stop kicking. A little education goes a long way.

MT
    Kozmo, molloyny, j3374 and 1 others like this.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    You need full contact, if you wanna be prepared to fight in the street or defend yourself without freezing like a rock when it happens you gotta get the feel of fighting.

A guy at my job does shotokan karate, he showed me is sparring competition and i was just stunned at what was going on.

You add 3 chances to hit the other guy then he add 3 chances to hit you, the winner moved on to the 2 point system sparring.

He wants me to train with him but i told him that i need more sparring, i did shotokan when i was 14 years old for a year won my first point system competition when i add done 4 classes, then the school closed and i add to go elsewhere, i tought that karate was karate and there i got involved in Kyo kushin which was full contact, did it for a year and a half and i was a very fit fighter add the feel of real fighting cause at 5 feet 10 and 142 pounds i was fighting guys well over 200 pounds.

Then i got into tae kwon do which was also full contact but with protection this time, for me coming off full contact karate and getting hit in the legs, chest, stomach and even punched and kick in the head, some students where rats LOL, tkd was easy for me.

I have no plan in competing in MMA nor in Kyo kushin when i return there but i do have plan to learn to defend myself.

Either it be JKD, Jiu Jitsu or any other type of martial art you gotta have contact, you gotta get hit and hit back to get the street fighting feeling, plus even Kyo kushin has evolved and now has ground techics.

Thats just me 2 cents, i still have a lot of respect for Bruce Lee, the guy is an icon and sadly he does not suck like this post says.

He did train very hard and is system is very good.

radar1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfamale
    Im soo tired of people that thinks that Bruce Lee would have even a slight chans againt a top ranked MMA fighter whit MMA rules or a top ranked Muay thai fighter whit thai rules. You must understand that Bruce Lee was an actor and not a God whit hands like knives or what ever. And if hes system (Jet kun do) is so great why hasent their been a top fighter whit that background in all these years? I have seen all hes movies and the guys he playfight against is also actors (mostly) and they also suxs, big time.
    And please understand that weight does matter and ive seen morons that say it dosent and that big guys has bad stamina and so on....Ofcourse a small guy has easier to get great stamina but if you train 10-15 times/week as all top fighters do you get great stamina what ever weightclass you compete in. And by the way Bruce would be owned by guys in hes weight class also.
    I im sure that all guys that have Bruce Lee as a winner in this imaginefight havent been competing in a higher level. Because if they had you would know that competetive fighting has evolved hugely in all these years and it still do.
    So to all "belivers" of Bruce where a God stop fooling your self and start train seriously and quit looking at old kung-fu movies.
    bruce lee was a legend in his own right. i dont disagree with that. but there is no way he could be successful in todays MMA fight game. even against the smaller fighters like Gomi or Pulver. all that "crane kickin" and "eagle clawin" and "death kickin" is all hollywood! lol. go to Rex- kwon- do if u want to fight like that lol!

i just cant stand people who compare fighters of yesteryears to todays fighters. fighting evolves all the time and will continue to do so. the truth is ,is that todays fighters in MMA are tough and skilled.

and again, how come u never see any tkd or karate in the MMA scene? because that sh*t is useless against a skilled ground and pound attack.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Bruce was 135lbs! Nuff said.......

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Bruce was 135lbs! Nuff said.......

MJ
    lol well said

Forum magic once again, i dont have to pay for a comedic relief i got everything here.

Wandy got is way with ground and pounders, he even kicked one on the nose when he was going for a takedown.

You cant get into MMA today with only one art, it makes no sense at all for a kung fu, karate or tkd guy to go in there with an MMA fighter.

Even Royce Gracie add to get into striking, people where starting to figure him out.

For MMA you gotta study wrestling, boxing and muay thai with some bjj, without that you dont really stand a chance.

Fact of fiction Bruce Lee during the shooting of Game of death got beat by the Akido guy during a friendly sparring session.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Conventional martial artist are at a clear disadvantage when they're put into something like Pride of UFC. They cannot strike the balls , they cannot gouge the eyes or execute any manuver that is going to permantely injure or kill someone - and thats the whole concept behide martial arts.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    bruce was the man in his day

simm is offline Senior Member
    i agree and disagree! The fighters of today and yesterday are at a disadvantage when it comes to gouging/biting and groin shots..especially in the most real of all arenas,THE STREET! The other side to it is that these fighters train for sport just like football etc...Nobody has to train for biting/gouging etc..That just kicks in naturally..It is human instinct!! Bruce lees philosophy was not so special,he just put things into long jumbled up sentences etc. So he sounded more intelligent and philisophical..!! Good athletic traditional martial artist though... Not enough power and knowledge to compete with todays mma fighters though..IMO..

[QUOTE=Monkeytown]Your problem is that you have seen too many kung fu movies and not enough of Lee's training or demonstration videos. Comparing him to fighters of today is stupid anyway, I don't know why anyone does it. That's like trying to compare Jack Johnson to Mike Tyson. They were in two different eras and its like comaring apples to oranges. Sounds like you have never studied JKD either so you are speaking of something you know nothing about. Just because a JKD guy has not been a so-called top fighter does not make the system inferior to something like BJJ or Muay Thai. I can tell you that on the street I would rather have JKD techniques than the other two (if I could only have one style). Of course the best fighter is a rounded fighter and I would include ground fighting as a must. There are many JKD techniques that have no place in the ring but are VERY effective on the street. If you investigate a little more you will find out that they include eye jabs and gouges, low kicks to the knee and groin and stop kicking. A little education goes a long way.

Yea right im that kind of guy that like old kung-fu movies
    The reason why i wrote this tread was beacause im tired of people even compared Bruce whit todays topfighter, that is ignorant.
    And i wasent talking streetfight i was talking comtetition.
    When i was younger i was streetfighting alot(which i regret today) and on the street there is no rules you use any means nececary to knock your opponant out. Ive probaly was in 70-80 streetfights and i promise you ive done it all eye jab,butthead and even kick to the groin but i dont concider that as a technique of any martial art that is pure instinct.
    In the ring its totaly different, sportmanship and respect for you opponant is something that is fundamental.
    By the way ive seen Jet kune do classes and i dont think it is a bad martial art but competition wise its not good ive been competing against JKD guys whit sanshou rules and they fight very ortodox and ineffective.

So if i get into a street fight does that mean i can bring a carrot and pock the guy with it since everything goes????? nah thats a joke but its too funny

Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    So if i get into a street fight does that mean i can bring a carrot and pock the guy with it since everything goes????? nah thats a joke but its too funny
    You dosent seem to smart Yannick...what dosent you understand?
    By the way ive seen couple of your treads and you seemss to be a real moron...The one that qualify as the most stupid is the one that you want advise of how to beat a taller skinny guy....Thats humor.

Super Saiyan is offline New Member
    before you start layin into bruce i think you should reaserch into him abit more , because its pretty obvious you know nothing

bruces style of jeet kune do was a mixture of many styles including ballet , sword fencing and even cha cha dancing it was a style for maximum efficeincy that over the years people have changed to suit themselvs, bruce lee started training becuase he was sick of losing in his street fights , and after he started training with yip man nobody got the better of him even in the street fighs he continued having .

bruce had hundreds of sparring matches with extras on the sets of his films , alaways a kid trying to get in a lucky punch , he never lost , especially on the set of game of death

''Fact of fiction Bruce Lee during the shooting of Game of death got beat by the Akido guy during a friendly sparring session''. - wtf? ................. no

akido stands no chance , danny inosanto knows that too well

im sorry to all of you who claim not to like bruce but would any of you be able to send a 300lbs heavy bag slapping against a celing ? have your sidekicks compared to being hit by a car ? at only 135lbs ?

bruce lee is a legend and always will be

go and read , bruce lee - fighting spirt and it will change all of your negative opinions

be like water - bruce lee
    Thazzos and NYbeastMode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfamale
    You dosent seem to smart Yannick...what dosent you understand?
    By the way ive seen couple of your treads and you seemss to be a real moron...The one that qualify as the most stupid is the one that you want advise of how to beat a taller skinny guy....Thats humor.
    Uh....ditto!!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Saiyan
    before you start layin into bruce i think you should reaserch into him abit more , because its pretty obvious you know nothing

bruces style of jeet kune do was a mixture of many styles including ballet , sword fencing and even cha cha dancing it was a style for maximum efficeincy that over the years people have changed to suit themselvs, bruce lee started training becuase he was sick of losing in his street fights , and after he started training with yip man nobody got the better of him even in the street fighs he continued having .

bruce had hundreds of sparring matches with extras on the sets of his films , alaways a kid trying to get in a lucky punch , he never lost , especially on the set of game of death

''Fact of fiction Bruce Lee during the shooting of Game of death got beat by the Akido guy during a friendly sparring session''. - wtf? ................. no

akido stands no chance , danny inosanto knows that too well

im sorry to all of you who claim not to like bruce but would any of you be able to send a 300lbs heavy bag slapping against a celing ? have your sidekicks compared to being hit by a car ? at only 135lbs ?

bruce lee is a legend and always will be

go and read , bruce lee - fighting spirt and it will change all of your negative opinions

be like water - bruce lee
    People don't understand that Lee was the 1st MMA guy. No one else at the time was blending different arts to find a better way. They all thought their was the best. Great post Bro.
    Thazzos likes this.

I come here for fun and dont care what people think of me. I say what i wanna say, btw the carrot thing was a joke.

Owned hey i didnt know i was for sale.

BTW you made the lamest treat bruce lee does not suck he was a pure legend.

Thanks for being a fan.

ampt is offline New Member
    Hey I have to agree with super saiyon and monkeytown..Bruce Lee was really the first guy to do MMA...meaning he was one of the first, if not the first martial arts fighter to start combining various martial arts and succesfully I might add. Not to mention that he died before well before his time..he was still evolving as a fighter. I think had he lived his life to the full end you might have seen an even more rounded fighter, who incorperated a ground game with his striking game. Im not saying not saying he could or couldnt take out any of todays MMA guys...Im just saying you cant make the comparison..to many variables and what ifs...

I come here for fun and dont care what people think of me. I say what i wanna say, btw the carrot thing was a joke.

Owned hey i didnt know i was for sale.

BTW you made the lamest treat bruce lee does not suck he was a pure legend.

Thanks for being a fan.
    GAAAAAAAAAWWWWDD!!!! U ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!! GO AWAY WITH UR RETARDED THREADS!!!! U ARE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF!!!!!

once again Radar1234 you shine, like the moron that you are, lifeless piece of caca.

You where suppose to go away once but you came back like a bad tastless fool.

The only thing you do here is embarass people, i would own you in a fight one on one like a chicken caca that you are.

Now please leave the board for good imbecile.

once again Radar1234 you shine, like the moron that you are, lifeless piece of caca.

You where suppose to go away once but you came back like a bad tastless fool.

The only thing you do here is embarass people, i would own you in a fight one on one like a chicken caca that you are.

Now please leave the board for good imbecile.
    chicken caca??? u are a stooge

Samson1 is offline Junior Member
    Bruce would do better than most of you think,but a lot of people make him out to be unbeatable(no man is unbeatable) but he could fight man, Like someone said you should see him train and spar the dude was an aninmal. As for competing in todays arenas he would do ok but combat has evolved,but im sure if he was here now in his prime he would adapt and destroy(imagine if he got on the juice and slapped on 30 pounds he would still be lighting quick, you underestimate how powerfull the mind is and Bruce was the master of the mind

may0r420 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    bruce lee was a legend in his own right. i dont disagree with that. but there is no way he could be successful in todays MMA fight game. even against the smaller fighters like Gomi or Pulver. all that "crane kickin" and "eagle clawin" and "death kickin" is all hollywood! lol. go to Rex- kwon- do if u want to fight like that lol!

i just cant stand people who compare fighters of yesteryears to todays fighters. fighting evolves all the time and will continue to do so. the truth is ,is that todays fighters in MMA are tough and skilled.

and again, how come u never see any tkd or karate in the MMA scene? because that sh*t is useless against a skilled ground and pound attack.
    "eagle clawin"
    LOL you are very ignorant i practice eagle claw and if i grabbed u would see the truth u would not shake my hand off and i would have u in a lock so fast u would not know what happen.. imagine a fighter that knows every pressure point ur in body and every possible way to dislocate or fracture your bones.. A eagle claw fighter can fight on the ground, close range and long range.. and knows gymnastics and can easily manuevr himself out of every lock imaginable cuz almost every locking style known to man stems from it..oh ya for to mention all of karate stems off of eagle claws basics

Eagle Claw Kung Fu (Faan Tzi Ying Jow Pai) is known for its peculiar and powerful gripping techniques and for it's intricate system of locks, takedowns, and pressure point strikes as well as long strikes. Eagle Claw is one of the oldest, most complete, most complex and devastating of the surviving Northern Shaolin styles.

KUNG FU IS FAR SUPERIOR AND TAKES MORE THAN YOUR AVERAGE WESTERNER TO UNDERSTAND

Bruce Lee R.I.P.

Heywood Jablome is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    Conventional martial artist are at a clear disadvantage when they're put into something like Pride of UFC. They cannot strike the balls , they cannot gouge the eyes or execute any manuver that is going to permantely injure or kill someone - and thats the whole concept behide martial arts.
    I love this arguement because it is such crap.

Utter and complete. How often do 'conventional martial artists' practice eye gougin or kicking to the testicles against a resisting opponent? I venture to say not often because they wouldn't have anyone to train with after a while.

Trust me a good BJJer or Wrestler will be able to execute these same techniques but from a far better position. Try eye gouging someone when your on the bottom of someone's mount. If you've been there you know that the person on top can hit your face (and therefore gouge your eyes, ect) and the person on the bottom can't reach the face of the person on the top.

We used to get this about 3 or 4 times a year in my BJJ school. We'd get someone that would come in and tell us they trained kung fu, tkd, karate, krav maga, etc and that they thought they could kick us in the balls or gouge our eyes and render anything we did useless. You know what we did? We had them sign a release, and let them try. It never worked, some people even got their hands on our face but after an elbow or fist to the face they pretty much covered up. After they woke up or tapped out they didn't use that arguement anymore.

Also, in the first UFC's 1-4 groin strikes were legal, as were chins to the eye, and pulling of the hair. 'Conventional Martial Artists' still lost, and BJJ which is the base of MMA in my opinion showed itself to be the better art. Expanding the rules won't benefit someone that practices a conventional martial art - if anything it will give the superior fighter with the better style and training more options on how they will beat their opponent.

gymnutt is offline Associate Member
    This is an interesting question, I think Bruce Lee was a martial artist far before he was a movie actor. With that said what makes a superior fighter? I believe well rounded training, conditioning, a fighters indomnitable spirit, and athleticism. The first two traits can be cultivated, however the second two are either present or lacking. Bruce definately had the training-he wrote a highly technical book; Tao of Jeet Kune do which was far ahead of it's time, which demonstrates physical and anatomical positioning and movements and there efficiency. He is well known for his conditioning practices which is inherent to chinese boxing. As far as a fighters spirit-it's hard to say.. but, if as Super Sayen said he would defend his presence with scrappers on the movie sets, then it definately lends credance to his spirit. As far as athleticism, watch bruce in his movies and documentary footage; the speed and accuracy in which he strikes and traps in insane. On set he would often have to slow down the speed of his strikes so that the camera could capture his movements so that viewers could see his techniques-sounds like bs but a lot of guys are truly that quick.
    With this said, I think he is a top calibre martial artist and a fighter and became such at a young age, which is uncommon to develop skills so fast. One reason many highly skilled artist do not enter nhb and kickboxing competitions is that the conditioning and competition is absolutely brutal to the body. Top martial artist will develop their skills after twenty or thirty years of practice. The timeline for martial artist and prize fighters is very different. Most top fighters are in their twenties or early thirties. Most pro thai boxers don't last more than five years on the circuit; if they did they'd be cripples. I think Bruce Lee could compete in todays nhb competition in his weight class were he still young. Would he be good? yes. The best? No one is the best, everyone has a bad day when the competition is thick and the purse is full. The UFC and Pride is full phenomanal talent which on any given day. Any top fighter can lose any day of the week.

crag is offline New Member
    Bruce lee in his weight division in MMA would do okay I think. He knew what was what about fighting, and also new what he was putting on the big screen was just about show biz.

Of course he could not tangle with heavyweights in the UFC.He is not superman at 135.

However something most people may be missing with MMA though, is that it's entire game would change with a few less rules.

Such as including Eye strikes, groin strikes and biting.

For example with groin grabs and biting the MMA and BJJ guard would become a lot rarer, since you would not want to lay about with your legs around some guy who can just reach down and get a handful of nuts everytime.

Also a quick eyestriker or ball kicking dude like Bruce may win a lot more before it even went to the ground.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Alphamale you are one dumb moron, Thinking that Bruce Lee suck you would never have lasted a mile against old Bruce.

Change your name to Alphabits idiot

Radar1234 seems to be quit an idiot has well. A big faggot idiot

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    who r these people????

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    this has to be yannick!! lol he always spelt (as=has)

One word for you radar1234 old geezer fight and they bang a lot better then you.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    first off if mr lee was the same age in this day and time he would adapt hes art to match mma just like he did it in hes own time and if u watched enter the dragon the the one part where he kick the guy into the chairs the guy said in the interview that when mr lee kicked him it was for real and it was so hard that it cracked his chest plate and broke his arm and at 135 pounds vs that guys 203 mr lee would be the winner in this day and age

this has to be yannick!! lol he always spelt (as=has)
    I was thinking the same thing, what a tool!! Check out this thread. He starts it as Yannick and then continues it as sonar1234. He's too dumb to realize it! haha
    Last edited by Monkeytown; 08-19-2005 at 10:06 AM.

MR Town Monkey you are right.

Samson1 is offline Junior Member
    Yannik,Sonar1234 what ever your called now what the hell is wrong with u, Its only a forum for christ sake why are u always on at radar1234,its u with the bad attitude man,why did you change your name to end with 1234 like radar1234?

I am English too and you are embarasing both of us just shut up you wanker!!

[QUOTE=Samson1]Yannik,Sonar1234 what ever your called now what the hell is wrong with u, Its only a forum for christ sake why are u always on at radar1234,its u with the bad attitude man,why did you change your name to end with 1234 like radar1234?

I am English too and you are embarasing both of us just shut up you wanker!![/QUOTEi hear ya samson . that guy(yannick-sonar) has some serious issues lol

Radar1234. I know we were throwing s*** back and forth by pm's awhile ago,but i really thought it was yannick who didn't have the problem and thought it was you with the problem!! Reading this thread and realising that yannick has changed his name to sonar1234 has made me realsie what a p**** he must be!! Therefore i am sending an open apology to you,as i do not want unneccessary s*** between us ok..!!!
    Now i realise HE has the problem.. Everyone reading this should know that i'm from england and this bad mouthing s*** is out of order in any case!!! SIMM.

mr keef is offline New Member
    now now girls

Quote Originally Posted by simm
    Radar1234. I know we were throwing s*** back and forth by pm's awhile ago,but i really thought it was yannick who didn't have the problem and thought it was you with the problem!! Reading this thread and realising that yannick has changed his name to sonar1234 has made me realsie what a p**** he must be!! Therefore i am sending an open apology to you,as i do not want unneccessary s*** between us ok..!!!
    Now i realise HE has the problem.. Everyone reading this should know that i'm from england and this bad mouthing s*** is out of order in any case!!! SIMM.
    apology accepted mate!

Cheers...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information