Thread: Too damn heavy

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink Too damn heavy

Physio told me to start kicking and that my pain would go away, to be active and work the lower back and the whole back.

Lets face it weight training wont strech the back or make the blood flow like intense cardio session.

So i decided to pop in the Billy Blanks Tae bo tapes and see where i would go from there.

I am 5 feet 10 and 200 pounds around 12% bodyfat but i realized that i was too heavy when all my muscles where warmed up and i started skipping rope like they do on the tape, i felt really heavy and all the muscles where jumping up and down.

I will add tae bo to my daily workout and really try to lose 20-30 pounds if i can, i know at that weight and since i have a small bone structure i will feel 100% better, and pertty sure that all the back pain will go away has well.

Wish me luck.

I will also be going to the next TKO event since the tickets are so cheap 20$, Marvin Eastman and Shonie Carter will be there.

I would love to get back into Kyo kushin full contact karate around January of this year.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Did your physio give you any limitations for working out?

Basically Listen to your body, did tae bo last night very extreme and this morning i dont feel that bad

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Physio told me to start kicking and that my pain would go away, to be active and work the lower back and the whole back.

Lets face it weight training wont strech the back or make the blood flow like intense cardio session.

So i decided to pop in the Billy Blanks Tae bo tapes and see where i would go from there.

I am 5 feet 10 and 200 pounds around 12% bodyfat but i realized that i was too heavy when all my muscles where warmed up and i started skipping rope like they do on the tape, i felt really heavy and all the muscles where jumping up and down.

I will add tae bo to my daily workout and really try to lose 20-30 pounds if i can, i know at that weight and since i have a small bone structure i will feel 100% better, and pertty sure that all the back pain will go away has well.

Wish me luck.

I will also be going to the next TKO event since the tickets are so cheap 20$, Marvin Eastman and Shonie Carter will be there.
    Dude if you are @ 12% bf @ 200lbs, then losing 20-30lbs would take you down to less than 2% bf which is impossible. I think maybe you are over estimating your desired weight loss or underestimating your bf%.

JMHO,
    MT

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    sorry to cut in, but what is the pain you have sonar? personally i would do bag work instead of tia bo.

Freaking spasm on the right side of the lower back and upper back pain that squeezes togheter.

My final guess is that since there is no arthritis involved and all my vertebra are properly aligned its muscular and posture related.

I have been training with weight for a while now but never got into any serious cardio to stretch and work the muscles.

I did yoga but my physio told me i was too heavy to perform all thoses hard streches.

I feel tae bo, feel all the muscles strech and i have no pain while doing it and even after my pain is not worst.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If you get bored with the Tae Bo workouts, I can recommend Bas Rutten's Mixed Martial Arts Workout. The All-Round Fighting workout will have you shadow thai boxing and sprawling. If you can make it through that workout, you are in shape. He also has boxing, thai boxing, and the all-round workouts on CD. As far as cardio goes, it's very sport-specific for a martial artist. He goes by 2-3 minute rounds with a 1 minute rest or active rest (depending on how good of shape your in). The DVD will explain techniques and combinations. It also contains some career highlights.

Stiker93 sold, i will order Bas dvd off sherdog right away.

Thank you very much.

Tae bo is very intense the advance tape ouch

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If you follow Bas's instructional booklet on how many times to train per week, you'll drop those 20lbs. I know I did! Good luck sonar.

sticker93 can you tell me a bit whats in there, warm ups, training, shadow boxing.

Does it look like a tae bo session or its harder?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    sticker93 can you tell me a bit whats in there, warm ups, training, shadow boxing.

Does it look like a tae bo session or its harder?
    Bas Rutten's Mixed Martial Arts Workout contains four audio CDs and one video DVD.
    On the Thai Boxing CD you can shadow box, use a heavy bag, or have a partner hold Thai pads. He will shout out combos such as: "2" - left jab, right straight, and a left knee or left back roundhouse kick or "3" - left jab, right straight, left hook, and right knee or right back roundhouse kick.
    On the All-Round Fighting CD he will also have you sprawl when he says "defense".
    Don't worry about the memorizing the combos, it will just take a day or so of practicing. Make sure you punch all your punches at one spot. Visualize an opponents jaw and crush it! He will have you throw body shots as well (liver punches, right straights to the body, etc.).
    I haven't done Tae Bo so I really can't comment on that. You had said that you were trying to make a comeback to karate so I think this would be more sport-specific for your needs.
    I do know that if you use Tae Bo for a long time, it can get boring. You could alternate between Bas's and Billy's workouts to keep your cardio fresh.

Thanks a million Striker93, i have just ordered the dvd off sherdog.com with Pride 25 bodyblow and the finals of the heavyweight tourament of last year.

I read about the dvd on bas rutten website has well, it looks intense, and i cant wait to try this out.

MR Monkeytown the physio says that at my age 33 and since its not all fat that i have it would be impossible for me to lose that weight even if it means losing a tone of muscles.

my waiste is 36 inches but the love handles are gone, like you said i might not be 12% this was just an estimate, i might be 14 or even 16%.

Fact of the matter is when i jump i feel it, feel heavy.

When i was competing in tae kwon do i was around 170-175 pounds and i felt great.

I have been 200 plus pounds for way to long, last year i was 212-217 and the year before 231 and fat.

Enough is enough, this year i am gonna lose weight and feel great.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    Dude if you are @ 12% bf @ 200lbs, then losing 20-30lbs would take you down to less than 2% bf which is impossible. I think maybe you are over estimating your desired weight loss or underestimating your bf%.

JMHO,
    MT

Yeah Good point ! 12% bf isnt all that bad for 200lbs if you lose more wieght surely you will be weaker

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    MR Monkeytown the physio says that at my age 33 and since its not all fat that i have it would be impossible for me to lose that weight even if it means losing a tone of muscles.

my waiste is 36 inches but the love handles are gone, like you said i might not be 12% this was just an estimate, i might be 14 or even 16%.

Fact of the matter is when i jump i feel it, feel heavy.

When i was competing in tae kwon do i was around 170-175 pounds and i felt great.

I have been 200 plus pounds for way to long, last year i was 212-217 and the year before 231 and fat.

Enough is enough, this year i am gonna lose weight and feel great.
    Excuse previous post 16% is porbably more like it...Have you tried pure fitness and laying off the wieghts or going low on the wieghts ?

Boxthis i layed off the weight 2 months ago, the heavy weights that is, i am now doing light weight and 3-4 sets of 15 reps with 30 seconds rest between sets and around 3-4 exercices per body part.

I realized that the weight might not be that good for rehab and that cardio and just moving the whole body has tae bo does might be the best way to rehab the back after all.

Since tae bo has so many punches and kicks, streches and more.

Tell you the truth after training from 16 years old to 31 with a 2 year layoff due to back pain i am getting tired of weight training and am thinking of doing something else to keep fit.

Thanks for the feedback

Thread Information