Papi93 is offline AR VET

Cut Care on Bottom of Feet

In TKD class, our instructor had us run outside on the sidewalk. My feet got cut up on some sharp rocks. The cuts were so sore the next day, that I walked with a limp. Is there any quick fixes, so I can keep training or do I have to take time off and let them heal? Thanks!!!

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    crazy glue is the best quick fix. smear it on the bottoms of your feet an hour b4 class. It's like having 10 extra layers of skin.
    my instructor was a freak, so i had to do this.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Cool! It's mainly just on Wednesdays that he decides to do this activity. Next time I'll be ready. Did it affect your pivoting (increased or decreased friction)?

nahh, but it feels weird, and it only lasts for a few hours, which is all I ever needed.

Just dont stand up untill you know its totally dried or we'll all be reading a post that says "I glued my feet to the floor!!!" lol

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    I have super glued every cut on my face that hasn't required stiches. Works wonders. and slap your tkd teacher for having your run barefooted outside.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I didn't think it was a bright idea myself. Afterall, what does running on sharp rocks have to do with increasing sparring ability in TKD? Thanks for the reply!

Thumbs up supperglue for cuts

Quote Originally Posted by billy_ba
    I have super glued every cut on my face that hasn't required stiches. Works wonders. and slap your tkd teacher for having your run barefooted outside.
    No way, that barefoot stuff really works.
    Makes your feet tough as shit.
    My teacher always used to show us his feet.
    "look how tough my feet are."
    then he'd grab your feet and look at them and not say a word.
    He was a phychotic man, and a great teacher.
    i had to do it too, and now the supper glue is only needed for when I play guitar. (sore fingertips and all)
    It does work wonders for cuts though, doesn't it?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Well my cut on the right side of my left foot is starting to heal. That one was a nasty gash that I could have a slided a quarter into. When I have class next, I'll use the superglue to keep it closed. One the left side of my left foot the skin splintered apart and there was dead skin hanging. Luckily, the dead skin is now gone but the wound will still bleed on the bandage. Anyway to accelerate the healing process and do you think I'll be able to make my Tuesday class? That bastard hurts and it's hard to give it a lot of healing time because most people are on their feet for work or just moving around. I'm still strength training but I cannot do any martial arts training because of the discomfort.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by billy_ba

Damn right. I use super glue too. But damn it, even forgetting the cuts on your feet there's a whole load of reasons why you shouldn't be running bare footed.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I made it through class today with no problems. The super glue worked like a charm. Thanks guys. I hadn't done any martial arts workouts since last week and man, was I winded. That's why I hate missing training sessions. I'll be telling my instructor, tommorow, that I'll be wearing shoes!

Thread Information