Papi93 is offline AR VET

Can Anyone Do the Suspended Splits?

I was wondering if anyone can do the suspended side splits between chairs? With this exercise, I'm not looking for MA-specific carryover. Dynamic flexibility exercises are far superior IMO. Just a personal goal of mine.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Well, if no one has experience with this then I might as well ask another question then. Does anyone you use a leg stretcher device for increasing flexibility? To me, it seems you would build flexibility without a lot of strength in return.
    Last edited by striker93; 08-26-2005 at 11:55 AM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I really need some help here bros! I did a back leg hook kick and it felt like my groin was going to tear. Any advice would be appreciated!

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    How long you been in martial arts? ...after a while you get very flexible just by stretching before hand and such.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_test
    How long you been in martial arts? ...after a while you get very flexible just by stretching before hand and such.
    I've been doing it for under a year. My kicks are very good for a green belt with a blue stripe but I strive to match the black belts abilities. I demand perfection from myself. I do the recommended stretching before and after class but was just wondering if anyone used any other techniques for high level kicks?

Thread Information