Papi93 is offline AR VET

Spinning Head with Spinning Kicks

Whenever we do spinning kicks, in martial arts class, on the hand targets; I feel very dizzy. My instructor said if you try to look forward during the duration of the kick, this helps. Does anyone have any techniques that work well for you? This never a problem for sparring since you do not use spinning kicks as frequently.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I never add any technics for the spinning back kick, guess it sort of came natural for me.

But for sure if you do 10-20 in line anyone will be dizzy.

TKD will do that for you.

Sticker93 you are giving my the urge to get back into TKD, damn stinking back problems prevent me from going back and at 33 i have been told that i might need to slow down.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Sticker93 you are giving my the urge to get back into TKD, damn stinking back problems prevent me from going back and at 33 i have been told that i might need to slow down.
    I turned 30 this year and except for more aches and pains due to age, I'm in the best fighting shape of my life. I'm not sure how serious your back problems are but have you ever tried any of Matt Furey's bodyweight exercises? With the bodyweight exercises, if you lose your form a little, you don't have to worry about injuring yourself as much as with free weights (for example, deadlifts). I would look into his combat conditioning book and see if it helps strengthen your back with less chance of reinjury.
    Last edited by striker93; 08-25-2005 at 09:29 AM.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Without seeing your technique its hard to say where your going wrong. MOst likely your rushing the kick and not facing your target when you kick it. Take the turn (spinning) back kick for an example. Kicking with your right foot, your left heal and head should be facing towards the target before you perform the kick. I'd say your probably following your kicking foot with your head and getting dizzy from that.

Matt Furey's bodyweight exercises, this guy is quit amazing i have seen is exercices has well.

I have changed my training suggested by the physio i see and its working fine.

Performing light to moderate weights 4 sets of 15 reps with 30 seconds between sets.

Like this i can train 5-6 times a week, and do some cardio has well, lost weight at least get my bodyweight at 180 pounds then try to get back into martial arts.

Getting a rock hard mid section has well.

Thread Information