Papi93 is offline AR VET

Backleg Hook Kick

I was sparring with a lesser opponent, but higher rank, and I decided to try out my backleg hook kick. I held back on it a little because I did not want to hurt him because I knew he didn't have my strength or power. It still caught him on the end of the nose and caused him to shake the cobwebs out. I think he thought I was going for a backleg roundhouse kick and fooled him. Has anyone connected solidly with this kick and how do you set it up in standup competition?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    I was sparring with a lesser opponent, but higher rank, and I decided to try out my backleg hook kick. I held back on it a little because I did not want to hurt him because I knew he didn't have my strength or power. It still caught him on the end of the nose and caused him to shake the cobwebs out. I think he thought I was going for a backleg roundhouse kick and fooled him. Has anyone connected solidly with this kick and how do you set it up in standup competition?

Oh great one, we're not worthy......

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Sparring is really cool but you do have to watch out not to injure (The lesser opponants) has you say. If the guy is higher in rank then you he is not suppose to be weaker then you and he has to prove is belt.

When i was a blue belt in tkd and came back at a very out of shape 210 pounds i got knockdown by a orange belt that gave me a counter back kick, the orange belt said he was sorry, then my teacher jumped in and said WHAT SORRY FOR WHAT HE IS BLUE BELT.........

Best said would be that in class you should not go all out unless you know that the other person wants to has well.

A lot of people practice contact sport and dont want to get hit???????.

Stiker93 a lot of your question are hard to answer ( how to set up this move and that move.) you seem to be a very good fighter that has leanred the knowlege on how to use your legs and range.

I am pertty sure that you will learn how to set up all thoses kicks in sparring and since you are in TKD you will be doing a lot of sparring.

I add classes 4 times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday plus de Saturday morning 9-12 which was sparring.

Now i dont know how many classes you have per week but i am sure that you guys must spar each class. That of course is the beauty of TKD which make it more lethal then Shotokan karate.

Man there is a guy at my job that really wants me to train in shotokan and i get really amazed everytime he brings me is fights via quicktime that he filmed, point system is for the weak LOL.

I dont mean any disrespect to any arts but i did shotokan for 6 months and god saved me cause the school closed and i got to lean there was kyokushin and lot more real martial arts out there.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

Oh great one, we're not worthy......
    Didn't mean to sound arrogant but I'm sure you have sparred with a higher ranking student that didn't match your physical abilities, as well. How would you have described the situation? Serious question. I'll try to word my sentences better next time, so I don't sound arrogant again. I really enjoy this forum and prefer not to sound like a prick because I would like people to answer my threads.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Oh don't get all girlie with me, I was kidding. I thought people here knew me better than that!.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Oh don't get all girlie with me, I was kidding. I thought people here knew me better than that!.
    People are always telling me I'm too serious, but that's just my personality .

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    BOUNCER avatar will always make me laught has hell and that granny kicking the baby man where in the hell did you get that.Mouahhhah.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Has anyone used this kick or a variation of it?

Thread Information