ManOnSwole is offline Junior Member

Plyometric drills?

Just wondering who here incorporates plyos into their routines for training purposes. I usually cut out weights aprox 2 weeks before competition and focus on plyometrics, anyone here with me??

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I've used jumping squats, jumping lunges, jumping knee tucks, etc. for martial arts workouts. I hate doing them but I do not have a good vertical, so I work on plyos. My brother has that natural spring in his legs and loves working the plyos. He struggles more when it comes to our strength training workouts, which I love doing. We both like to mix it up, him a little more than me, so our martial arts workout is probably our best. We can really push each other, in that area.

I like to use the week before competition as a time of rest, so my body is peaking before the competition (that includes plyos.). I'll still train but not as intensely.

ManOnSwole is offline Junior Member
    True that I my only break from training is 48hrs before a weigh in/fight. After that it's game time!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Like I said earlier, plyos. are not my strong point. What type of plyometric program do you follow? How does it help your art or arts? Thanks for the info!

Thread Information