sonar1234 is offline Banned

Talking Best bodyweight for a 5 feet 10 inch fighter?

Hey guys what do you think would be the best bodyweight for a fighter say Muay Thai of 5 feet 10 inches tall.

I am now 197 pounds and wanna know at what weight i would need to go down to be the fastest possible with kicks and punches.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    197 is a pretty good weight. I think it depends more on Lean body mass, conditioning and Speed. How much bodyfat do you have?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Tyson, although not an M.T. fighter was 5'10'' @ 210lbs when he won his first world title.

Right now i am at war with bodyfat, i still have a small gut and a small bit of lovehandles, doing tae bo twice a day and lots of veggies.

I will get the bootcamp dvd this week and start the 7 day diet plan and more.

My plan is to rehab the back and get into Muay Thai by January of this year, losing has much bodyfat has i can has well.

I was thinking of going down to around 170 pounds. The school fighters are at around 150-160 pounds.

But they are cardio machines, and me at 197 i would never get into top shape like that not with my small frame and bone structure.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Eat good nutritious healthy meals and train hard..What happens naturally then is best.Never go out of the way to lose bodyweight..if it's going to happen then it will...!!

Well i am looking forward to try out Billy BLanks 7 day low carb diet that comes with is bootcamp dvd, i am pertty sure i will be able to lose some weight there too.

I am in no hurry to lose weight its more of a eating habit change, cutting out sugar and fats and eating healthy 99% of the time.

Samson1 is offline Junior Member
    There is no idel weight it all depends on shape,bone structure,bone dencitey and overall proportions,Just go with how you preform not your weight

There is a lower back pain issue here has well so for sure by losing weight the pain will go away and it will be easier to work on my posture.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Hey guys what do you think would be the best bodyweight for a fighter say Muay Thai of 5 feet 10 inches tall.

I am now 197 pounds and wanna know at what weight i would need to go down to be the fastest possible with kicks and punches.
    I would think back to your tae kwon do and karate days and pick a bodyweight that you had the best blend of power and endurance. I'm 6 feet tall and I tried dropping weight to increase my endurance and it did just that. The only problem was that I lost power as well. I value a blend of power and endurance, with power being more important, and am currently weighing in at 212lbs. I like the heavier weight because I like have the power advantage against most of my opponents. I was previously sparring at 180lbs and I felt like I was getting pushed around.

I dont think i will be able to get down to 150-160 pounds LOL, well at 175-180 i still have plenty of power left and am faster.

I boxed in 1998 at that weight and add some nice knockout power.

I guess i will see how the back pain goes.

ManOnSwole is offline Junior Member
    As long as your rehab goes well you'll soon turn into one of those cardio machines . I think your best body weight is what you feel light/strong/energetic at. On a normal day I am between 165-170lbs, 152lbs for a fight. Wrestling was more like 135-140, dropping 10lbs of water the night before, two to three times a week. Needless to say I looked like shit, and felt like shit. My pictures in my yearbook from HS...I look like I walked out of a concentration camp.

cik-kid is offline New Member
    Do you want to be fast and quick or quick and powerful???

Like i said when i was competing back in the early 90, damn i am getting old LOL i was at around 165-170 fast and add good kockout power, i really dont know if i can get back down to that weight cause i am 33 now and was around 19 at that time.

I am shooting for quick and fast and in shape with a great cardio, i have been well over 200plus pounds for over 5 years so its time to get down and get the heart pumping.

Thread Information