Thread: Boxer Dies

Box This* is offline Associate Member

Boxer Dies

Boxer leavander johnson 35 who fought jesus chavez on the weekend died 5 days after brain surgery.

R.I.P

simm is offline Senior Member
    R.I.P Bro....

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    OMG this is quit sad, he add brain surgery related to boxing injury?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

1819 is offline Senior Member
    my friend rickey killed a guy in the ring about a year or so ago. very sad. we got the guys family up to the u.s. only 5 hours before he died. turns out it was nothing that happened during the fight (went 12 rnds) it was more the beating he had suffered over many years. same with this fighter, probably happened over the course of his 16 years in the ring. very sad but part of the game. wish his family all the best.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    I think the dude won his first title this past June in like 15 years... I could be wrong... that's a lot of shots to the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    I think the dude won his first title this past June in like 15 years... I could be wrong... that's a lot of shots to the head!
    leavander johnson first won a title in 94 wbc lightweight, then ibo in 95,wba in 97 and most recently vacant ibf in 05. good fighter out of atlantic city.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    leavander johnson first won a title in 94 wbc lightweight, then ibo in 95,wba in 97 and most recently vacant ibf in 05. good fighter out of atlantic city.
    I stand corrected... must of heard the news incorrectly.. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    I stand corrected... must of heard the news incorrectly.. thanks!
    no actually it was reported incorrectly. i heard a similar report. probably makes for a better human interest story.

ManOnSwole is offline Junior Member
    Very sad, RIP. I wonder how his seconds must feel, I didn't see the fight but read that is was very one sided. Why didn't they throw the towel?

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnSwole
    Very sad, RIP. I wonder how his seconds must feel, I didn't see the fight but read that is was very one sided. Why didn't they throw the towel?

Well i think its because in recent fights hes shown he can take a hammering...so i read the doctor looked at him at the end of the 10th and was told he was alert and done everything instantly...But i have also read about bleeding on the brain recently and apparently you can go nearly one week without knowing...but when it hits..you get headaches then collapse.

ALso thoughts are with chavez i bet he is very sad at the moment and hope this doesnt alter his fights in the future.

There was a fighter some years ago back where i live in wales called johnny owen ( Matchstick Man ) he fought a gut called Guadeloupe Pintor ive watched the fight like 4 times and it went to the 12th where johnny couldnt continue the fight was on the 29 sept 1980 and he died 4 nov 1980 johnny was so appreciated we have a statue here of him here in the town centre
    http://www.johnnyowen.com/Recs/Ba/record.html
    Last edited by Box This*; 09-24-2005 at 03:40 AM.

Thread Information