sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink UFC ridding in celebraties to boost there rathings?

Man is it funny each time a watch a UFC event there is a tone of celeberties, like George Clooney, Jenna Jameson, and that little brat Lewis.

But for a real fight fan what the hell do we care, i mean Pride doesnt ride on celeberties?

I mean how long can UFC continue to put on bad ppv like this and stay alive.

That reminds me of WCW year when they where in deep shit and add Jackie Chan, Jean Claude Van Damme on the show.

How good is UFC financially? and why dont they bring better fighters?

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Pride has a lot of celebrities in the audience as well. We just don't know who they are. This was UFC's most prosperous PPV up to date. I'm pretty sure they're doing really well financially, especially with TUF3 being the most popular show in that time slot.
    I agree though, they can afford much better fighters, but I think they choose not to. They're greedy bastards.

I dont have spike tv so i cant really watch the TUF shows.

I am really impressed that they are doing so well too?

The ppv buyrate must be good but even then the price has gone up not long ago it was 34$ and it is now 49$ in Canada.

Pride is cheaper can you imagine that.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, i agree. they're taking full advantage of the popularity UFC is getting. the prices have gone up on everything from PPV to their apparel. it's ridiculous.
    I like Pride cards better but I just like the atmosphere of UFC. Even though the fans may not be well educated on MMA, they seem to have a lot more energy. When I was at UFC 58, it really impressed me how the crowd gets into it.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    Yeah, i agree. they're taking full advantage of the popularity UFC is getting. the prices have gone up on everything from PPV to their apparel. it's ridiculous.
    I like Pride cards better but I just like the atmosphere of UFC. Even though the fans may not be well educated on MMA, they seem to have a lot more energy. When I was at UFC 58, it really impressed me how the crowd gets into it.
    Orientals are very quiet, they admire in silence, i am quit surprised at the ovation pride fighters get when they are introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Orientals are very quiet, they admire in silence, i am quit surprised at the ovation pride fighters get when they are introduced.
    It's Asians, Oriental refers to objects that come from the Asian region like an oriental meal or oriental sculpture etc...

But back to the subject if i were a celeb i'd be at every UFC event too just cause i know i'd get them good seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bologna
    It's Asians, Oriental refers to objects that come from the Asian region like an oriental meal or oriental sculpture etc...

But back to the subject if i were a celeb i'd be at every UFC event too just cause i know i'd get them good seats.
    YEAH FREE UFC seats i would be there too, guess its time to start auditioning to get them roles in b action movies, LOL

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    Pride has a lot of celebrities in the audience as well. We just don't know who they are. This was UFC's most prosperous PPV up to date. I'm pretty sure they're doing really well financially, especially with TUF3 being the most popular show in that time slot.
    I agree though, they can afford much better fighters, but I think they choose not to. They're greedy bastards.

While Pride might have some celebs in the audience, they do not get air time unlike the dumbass celebs the UFC put on camera, just why in the hell do i wanna hear what Paris Hilton thinks is gonna win a fight when in fact she does'nt know shit to begin with.

The reason UFC is doing it is because they wanna be exactly like Boxing...i mean fro gods sake the judges being used are MMA ignorant. MMA in america is going downhill fast, lead by the UFC. Zuffa does not care about the sport, they care about making $$$$$. Anybody with a good eye can see it.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Thread Information