sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink Bas Rutten CD (Boxing CD) first workout ( I AM HOOKED)

This morning i was so damn sore in the quads, hamstrings , buttock and lower back that i could not do bootcamp neither tae bo, but i still wanted to train and sweat since everything is going great.

I decided to pop in the Bas Rutten boxing cd and manage to do the whole 7 rounds 2 minutes with 1 minute break.

My forarms are sore has hell LOL and i made some mistakes in the combination, i will get better with practice.

Anyone add sore forarms after the boxing cd, i really gave it my all with a lot of kockout punch like Bas says to do, turned my body, my waiste to make sure that i add full impact.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Can u upload that m8 so i can grab it off of you

Being in a 56k modem i think not sorry. My connection is way to slow at this point.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    This morning i was so damn sore in the quads, hamstrings , buttock and lower back that i could not do bootcamp neither tae bo, but i still wanted to train and sweat since everything is going great.

I decided to pop in the Bas Rutten boxing cd and manage to do the whole 7 rounds 2 minutes with 1 minute break.

My forarms are sore has hell LOL and i made some mistakes in the combination, i will get better with practice.

Anyone add sore forarms after the boxing cd, i really gave it my all with a lot of kockout punch like Bas says to do, turned my body, my waiste to make sure that i add full impact.
    Didn't have sore forearms but he teaches you excellent technique and it has really payed off. I have really developed a lot more power, behind my punches, with his mechanics. The all-around workout will really kick your ass. I know it did mine .

I Guess that it might have snaped my punches too much, i did what Bas said knockout punches with the bang bang thing there.

Guess with time i will learn and become an lean and mean fighting machine LOL

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    i would be sure to be going to an actual training facility too. there could be something you are doing terribly wrong and just not know it because you cant see it. you could develop an impossibly hard to break bad habbit that way, know what i mean?

i hear bas's are the best though

Yeah the openning fighting stance is hard to adapt since i used to be a TKD fighter and i did not use a front stance.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Yeah the openning fighting stance is hard to adapt since i used to be a TKD fighter and i did not use a front stance.
    In traditional TKD the right hip was behind the left hip, for a right-side dominant fighter. In Olympic style TKD we use more of a front stance style fighting position. In was tough making the transition but you will adapt after practice.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I have a small rotator cuff tear would it be okay you think to try out the bas rutten boxing vidieo

No i dont think it would, the workout is way to intense to even try it if you are injured.

thanks for letting me know after physical therapy I'll try it out.

nalbano34 is offline Member
    The dude can scrap...gotta give him that!!!Would love to have that video

after my therapy were's a good place to pick up this video or dvd.

already found it no need for reply.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I've heard Randy Coutoure (spelling) has a workout on dvd. Anyone seen this one?

i've never seen it but would like to check it out also.

Yeah but dont forget that Randy is a wrestler and i dont think he would cover all the sides that Bas has.

I would go with Bas.

I downloaded the bas street fighting dvd....and i laughed alot of the way thorugh...surely he cant tell people how to glass people on a dvd lol....the guy is mental

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    I downloaded the bas street fighting dvd....and i laughed alot of the way thorugh...surely he cant tell people how to glass people on a dvd lol....the guy is mental
    Besides glassin people what did you think?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    What does glassin mean? I have the DVD as well. He covers a lot of useful information. You will need a partner to practice his self-defense techniques. He also shows some ground skills. The key is practicing these techniques until you can perform them without overthinking. You should just be able to react.

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    What does glassin mean? I have the DVD as well. He covers a lot of useful information. You will need a partner to practice his self-defense techniques. He also shows some ground skills. The key is practicing these techniques until you can perform them without overthinking. You should just be able to react.

I'm not sure the guy before me said glassin I just figured something really dirty so do you think this or the mma one with 3or 4 disc would be better for a beginner. Actually he said to glass people but i don't know wtf that really means.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I'm not sure the guy before me said glassin I just figured something really dirty so do you think this or the mma one with 3or 4 disc would be better for a beginner. Actually he said to glass people but i don't know wtf that really means.
    The Bas Rutten Mixed Martial Art Workout is for someone looking to get into good cardiovascular condition. The Street Fighting DVD is for self-defense. This is not a workout DVD. I have both so if need any more info just let know.

Pretty good...but i do think when your in the face to face situation alot of it goes out of the window unless you actualy practice what you preach

All in All i thought it was more fun to watch lol

I downloaded the leathal street fighting video and at the beginning he tells you how to stick a glass in somone face and also plates never mind the salt and pepper trick lol the guy is a lunatic

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    The Bas Rutten Mixed Martial Art Workout is for someone looking to get into good cardiovascular condition. The Street Fighting DVD is for self-defense. This is not a workout DVD. I have both so if need any more info just let know.

Thanks for the info i pm'd you for a little more.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    What is the opening fighting stance, and why did you have to switch to it from a non/front stance?

And what is TKD?

Sorry for bumping an old thread and for stupid questions....

I'm a dumba$$ in this but I0m learning

Thats not dumb question bro, tkd is tae kwon do, i did it for 7 years, before that i did karate shotokan for 6 months then went into karate kyu kushin which was full contact.

The stance are different in every art, in 1998 i did some boxing to get in shape yet again the stance is different.

I have a hard time getting my damn MMA stance.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    got it thanks

Thread Information