Cuttup is offline Senior Member

Tarver wins over Roy Jones in lll Fight..

For those who saw the fight,.most will say Roy could have won...Tarver through 620 punches,.but only landed 158,...Roy Through 320..landing 85....Roy ratio for punches thown vs landed was triple what Tarver's was...This alone says..Tarver threw alot of punches but landed very little compared to what he threw,..while what Roy though was more accurate, on point and counted. The fact that Tarver pressed more ( threw more and appeared more prone to slugging out with Roy )...is what made the judges vote for him...Roy faught an excellent defensive fight but just did not put out enough offense,.although as mentioned,..what he through landed as oppose to allot of attemps to hit with know succss as Tarver did...

After Tarver caught Roy with a straight right in the 11th making Roy's kness badly buckle,..he tried to finish Roy but couldnt,.the fight sudenly changed and Roy pressed him for the remainer of the round..Tarver was completle spent rounds 11 and 12,..and if Roy had the COURAGE to sell out,( Roy still had his wind ) there was know dought in my mind he could have ( and should have ) knocked Tarver out. I dont think Roy wanted to risk getting caught again by Tarver and possibly getting knocked out. Roy was more focused on not getting knocked out and on an defensive style fight..which caused him the decision..

My Precitions,..Clen Johnson will beat Tarver in there 3rd rematch,..take the belt,..Roy will have a rematch with Johnson,..and win the belt,..and possibly,..just maybe..have a 4th fight with Tarver,..

Roy,.you're still the greatest bro..
    Last edited by Cuttup; 10-02-2005 at 01:07 PM.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    In my eyes jones won the first 5 rounds thats being generous to a couple most would have given a draw and tarver won the rest....so realy no matter how many puches jones had thrown and to what tarver had thrown tarver won more rounds wich makes tarver the winner...kinda easy when you look at it :P

But if the rematches go on and on and on its like an epesode of your favourate soap.

Jones should retire before he puts his lifetime of boxing credit down the pan.

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    Was this fight rigged? What the fuck is wrong with roy, tarver sucks, this fight sucked. If Roy would have threw some punches he would have taken tarver out by the 6 or 7th round. When he let his hands go in the 5th tarver couldnt do shit, then all of the sudden he stopped punching. wtf. It seemed like roy didnt want to hurt tarver or some shit. HE had plenty of chances to kill tarver Like when tarver slipped in the 8th he could havecold coked him, or in the 11th when tarver missed and damn near fell threw the ropes. Jones could have killed him. I lost a lot of respect for roy, if he was so scared of getting knocked out then why did he fight. Tarver suckes and jones is a pussy.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdub
    Was this fight rigged? What the fuck is wrong with roy, tarver sucks, this fight sucked. If Roy would have threw some punches he would have taken tarver out by the 6 or 7th round. When he let his hands go in the 5th tarver couldnt do shit, then all of the sudden he stopped punching. wtf. It seemed like roy didnt want to hurt tarver or some shit. HE had plenty of chances to kill tarver Like when tarver slipped in the 8th he could havecold coked him, or in the 11th when tarver missed and damn near fell threw the ropes. Jones could have killed him. I lost a lot of respect for roy, if he was so scared of getting knocked out then why did he fight. Tarver suckes and jones is a pussy.
    tarver sucks?? its the third time he beat roy. won the first fight hands down(even though he didnt get the decision). knocked him out the second and beat him the other night. how many times do you want him to prove it?

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Roy jones jr. said he'll fight him and Glen Johnson again it was jones jr first fight in like a year he was just rusty atleast that is what he was saying but said he's gonna tune up and keep fighting cause he's enjoying it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    Roy jones jr. said he'll fight him and Glen Johnson again it was jones jr first fight in like a year he was just rusty atleast that is what he was saying but said he's gonna tune up and keep fighting cause he's enjoying it again.
    roy is one of the best athletes i ever saw. ive seen him do things that defy logic. it is over for him now though. its like that with fighters. it goes just like that. im not very good friends with roy so im sure my opinion doesnt mean that much to him but i did tell him, last time i saw him, that he had nothing to prove and it would be a shame to see him become a 500 fighter.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    roy is one of the best athletes i ever saw. ive seen him do things that defy logic. it is over for him now though. its like that with fighters. it goes just like that. im not very good friends with roy so im sure my opinion doesnt mean that much to him but i did tell him, last time i saw him, that he had nothing to prove and it would be a shame to see him become a 500 fighter.
    Roy jones should quit...i heared he opened a few gyms around florida and so on...so maybe its time to pass on his knowledge and maske some one asle a true champion.

There are so many topics about over the hill boxers and jones is one of them.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I think it's like Michael Jordan comeback let him if he wants it's his legend and what he's already accomplished can't be taken from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    Roy jones should quit...i heared he opened a few gyms around florida and so on...so maybe its time to pass on his knowledge and maske some one asle a true champion.

There are so many topics about over the hill boxers and jones is one of them.
    agree 100%

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    How about that undercard with Kid Diamond?? I think he gave a new definition to the term "punch drunk".

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Roy supposedly now says he can beat everyone in the light heavy weight but Tarver,.. Im sure when he got home and saw the footage,..he saw that the fight could have gone a whole other way,..his way,..i still predict a JONES TARVER 4......!
    Last edited by Cuttup; 10-03-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Thread Information