sonar1234 is offline Banned

Cool Pride new year eve card (How can you compare to that) and Pride did not want Tito

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=3721

Takanori Gomi (Pictures) vs Hayato Sakurai (Pictures)
    Dan Henderson (Pictures) vs Murilo Bustamante (Pictures)
    Wanderlei Silva (Pictures) vs Ricardo Arona (Pictures)
    Mark Hunt (Pictures) vs Mirko Filipovic (Pictures)
    Fedor Emelianenko (Pictures) vs Zuluzinho (Pictures)
    Yuki Kondo (Pictures) vs Kazuhiro Nakamura (Pictures)
    Naoya Ogawa (Pictures) vs Hidehiko Yoshida (Pictures)
    Sanae Kikuta (Pictures) vs Makoto Takimoto (Pictures)

Lets just say that ordering UFC57 is a no brainer compared to this.

Tito Ortiz went to Pride to get some big$$$$$, i guess that Pride saw nothing in him and turned is offer down, now for a guy that only has Shamrock has a win in 2002, and Belfort which is now fighting in smaller shows like the Cage Rage 14 show beating some no name fighter, you cannot expect this guy to be a big threath in Pride.

I cannot beleive that Dana is putting on such weak UFC card and on top raisig the price of the ppv. Its no surprise why Pride back down the deal they add to have Wandy fight Couture for the LHW belt.

Lets just say that UFC futur does not look bright, if dana does not get better cards and better fighters, i dont think that the return of Shamrock (man did he look stupid against Sakuraba), BJ Penn nor Ortiz can save the weak UFC57 card.

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    Pride is the big leagues--dont expect much from UFC

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    that card looks awesome and is worlds apart from ufc cards

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I think the ufc really hurt there drawing power by dropping the lightweight division. Also they should really spend some time looking at their middleweight division. People talk about the weak heavyweight division but middle weight is not much better. You have Franklin, the crow, Marquedt(who is battling a steriod case at the moment), Salaverry and at one point Lindland.Also Riveria who looked like garbage in his last fight with Hallman. Now in all honesty the only person to really challenge Franklin will be the crow. I mean they can put some good matches up but still no real contender. Also the Heavyweight class is just pitful. Now Lightheavyweight, They have Liddell big draw and Couture also a big draw. Now I wont get into who will beat who but what happens when Couture retires? They have Ortiz back but really he matches up awful with Chuck. So really they aren't that deep their. They have a great 170 division espicially now with Penn back. I think one problem is they don't really build up their fighter. I mean sure they build up the tough guys but their are alot of up and comers who get thrown to the wolves to early. An example of this is Sherk he is not an up and comer by any means but he is still relatively unknown to the MMA mass comunity would it have hurt to give him a can or two and get his name built up and shake off some ring rust before having him fight GSP. So I think their real problem is not the proper managment of their fighters also they just dont have the acceptence or money that Pride has

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    Fedor Emelianenko (Pictures) vs Zuluzinho. I feel so bad for that bum! I say it's over in 40 seconds.

Kraye is offline New Member
    Fedor Emelianenko (Pictures) vs Zuluzinho. I feel so bad for that bum! I say it's over in 40 seconds.
    Ya, I laughed when I saw that match-up and then I said to myself.....WTF?!? what a waste of Fedor's talent and time. I really wish they could have come up with someone better to put in the ring with Fedor. Zulu's entry song should be "Dead Man Walkin' ".
    As for the rest of the card, its first rate.

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraye
    Ya, I laughed when I saw that match-up and then I said to myself.....WTF?!? what a waste of Fedor's talent and time. I really wish they could have come up with someone better to put in the ring with Fedor. Zulu's entry song should be "Dead Man Walkin' ".
    As for the rest of the card, its first rate.
    entry song should be "Dead Man Walkin' ". LMAO! the only guy left at the moment that might have a chance and its a snow ball's chance in hell at that, would be Sergei Kharitonov but they are on the same damn team. Fedor and Cro Cop will do it again! but on the shock wave card I cant wait for Hendo and Bustamanti

Thread Information