1 Alessio Sakara Ron Faircloth No Contest - Sakara Kicked in Groin 2
    2 Marcio Cruz Keigo Kunihara Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 1:02 2
    3 Jorge Rivera Dennis Hallman Decision (Unanimous) 5:00 3
    4 Joseph Riggs Chris Lytle TKO (Cut) 2:00 2
    5 Renato Sobral Chael Sonnen Submission (Triangle Choke) 1:20 2
    6 Forrest Griffin Elvis Sinosic TKO (Punches) 3:22 1
    7 Branden Lee Hinkle Sean Gannon TKO (Strikes) 4:14 1
    8 Andrei Arlovski Paul Buentello KO (Punch) 0:15 1

I read a lot of bad reviews about this ppv, pitting a fatty Buentello against Arvloski, taking off Loiseau vs Tanner off the card to put it on the UF show.

I guess that Dana White and Stephan Patry the owner off TKO have been sleeping there bald head togheter.

Pride is where its at right now and i really hope for UFC sake that it gets better in the futur.

Pride will be opening a kickboxing division this year, and the up coming ppv seem to be out of this world.

The tournament in the last bushido was also amazing.

ManOnSwole is offline Junior Member
    Aye I wasn't impressed with this card at all. But I am looking forward to Franklin vs Quarry in UFC 56. Gannon was beaten like a little school girl, he shouldn't have been in UFC.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you guys see the Boston cop? I thought the UFC took a very uncalculated risk by putting him on the card. He looked like a beginner and fought like one too! And thats not a shot at Cops at all, but the angle UFC was taking on this bout certainly didnot work.

The fighters at PRIDE seem to be a cut above in my opinion! They got my PPV money this time at UFC, but it'll be a while before they get it again. The Cop thing was just dumb!!!

MJ

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    i didnt see it but that card looks like it sucks. i follow UFC pretty closely and i havent even heard of 4 or 5 of those guys

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I am very surprised that Dennis Halleman got beat by Rivera?

I said it all along Buentello add good matches in the King of the Cage but should never have fought Arlovski in the first place, hell they should have put Mike Kyle instead.

Guess that UFC is getting cheap on the money?

Of course they still have some great fighters but this ppv caliber was less then good.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    buentello ko'd eilers and eilers ko'd kyle so i guess thats why buentello was next in line for arlovski

ahammer86 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234

I said it all along Buentello add good matches in the King of the Cage but should never have fought Arlovski in the first place, hell they should have put Mike Kyle instead.

Of course they still have some great fighters but this ppv caliber was less then good.
    dennis hallman got beat? dang he is usally a stud. i think he submitted matt hughes if i'm not mistaken.hallman has fought a lot of mixed martial arts matches

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    i havnt liked ufc really since they added weight classes, all the rules, rounds...i stopped watching, but that was a long time ago. i miss the early days of oleg, royce, ken shamrock, and dan severn. Oleg was by far the toughest man i think. i remember his eye almost getting knocked out and he was on the bottom and the guy on top kept elbowin and punch that eye and oleg was pissed when ref stopped the fight. wow

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    I agree, Pride is much better right now.

Bigshred is offline New Member
    For sure! UFC has been on a downward slope for the past year or so.

velvetlion is offline Banned
    UFC has been having their slide because of the rules differences between them and Pride. The allowing of elbow strikes has turned the UFC into a Cut or No Cut competition. Too many fights have been stopped because a guy was cut even after dominating the fight. Fans don't always want to see blood.

nalbano34 is offline Member
    a guy at work warned me about the bum fights they are setting up.....lame as hell!!!!!!

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234

i got this off an mma site about what the pride fighters make. don't know how true it is but i would imagine pretty close to the truth. looks like this....

Hello my friends, my postal connections in the DSE/PRIDE organization and in Brazil are telling that Vanderlei Silva has re-signed with DSE/PRIDE for up to five more fights.

According to these sources, DSE/PRIDE president was able to come to terms with Silva's management while in Brazil. The new deal will pay Silva approximately USD$500,000 per fight, plus bonuses.

Silva will also be participating in the upcoming PRIDE Middleweight GP.
    Theaxemurderer
    Registered Member

Date: 2005-12-11 02:03:19 this was reported on FS blog 2 weeks after new years 2004

i admit i was off on the figures but i coulda sworn it was 700 G wand was making

add in his Koral contract and i'm sure he gets nearly that much

i think he got a bonus for getting the semi's of the GP as well

i'm sure yoshida is making well over a million dollars a fight now

is not closer to 2 million for this next fight

Ive been looking for fedor's pay but man im so tired now I'll get it for you guys soon. see ya all.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    its around $600,000 a fight

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    cro-cop makes almost a million a fight, ogawa makes a million and so does yoshida but on NYE they're making 2 million a piece, sakuraba makes 1 million mike kyle was going to actually fight for DSE for 150,000$ but i dont know what happened to that

I cant belive that those poop japs make more than the fighter's that win. but yea the pay difference is huge

Thread Information