Sharky72 is offline Associate Member

Underground fighting

What up bro's. I live near AC and been in the bar and nightclub buisness for years.. I'm thinking bout opening a small private club that holds exhibition MMA fights on the weekends if I could get approval from city council.. (Meeting with a associate who's on the council this week) What do you guys think? Would you go some place on the weekend to watch MMA fights with your girl or hanging with the boys? Again its a private club and you'd have to be a member, I think the high rollers would eat it up, beautiful women and MMA fights?

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I guess i guess i guess now isnt that a mess.

I'm In!!! Sounds like a great idea as long as its in a controlled atmosphere Rules, refs ect. As for being approved by city council i dont see that happening but what do i know?

Machine. I wouldnt do it unless it was top notch, so thats not a concern. like you stated as long as city council will approve.. I really think I have a fair shot here. I 'll keep you guys posted

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    the only problem would be keeping it underground, but word of mouth spreads fast, u wouldn't be able to keep undercover out. sorry not trying to sound pesimistic. good luck (need a bartender?)

Quote Originally Posted by 1morerep
    the only problem would be keeping it underground, but word of mouth spreads fast, u wouldn't be able to keep undercover out. sorry not trying to sound pesimistic. good luck (need a bartender?)
    I think hes trying to do i legit so law enforcment would not be a problem

Yes gentleman. I'm hoping with the way the laws have been placed in AC, I'll be able to hold legit MMA bouts on the weekend with Certified Refs and Doc on hand... Work in progress. Still taking ideas for a name for the club. Anyone??

Where Is AC........I'm not stupid, I'm canadian

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky72
    Yes gentleman. I'm hoping with the way the laws have been placed in AC, I'll be able to hold legit MMA bouts on the weekend with Certified Refs and Doc on hand... Work in progress. Still taking ideas for a name for the club. Anyone??
    THE PIT

THE PIT!!! Not bad at all... Oh yeah, Atlantic City N.J. I believe we were the 1st state that allowed the UFC to conduct buisness as usual after the new rules were instated.. ( I may be wrong?) Either way thanks for the name and I'll keep you guys posted.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    soudns like a good idea. there are one of those places around here, count as ranked MMA fights

if its a big deal and dont happen, just make a place to train and call it sparring matches

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    I think you should name it "Whoady4Shoady's Ass Beating Incorperated". Id come to a place named that.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    if u can do it legally and with all the proper precautions...than do it. the ones we have around chicago r illegal and the people aren't exactly high rollers but more like gang bangers and idiots. i have to go out of state to go see some decent ones, so i would definitely come to see yours if u were close. goodluck with that.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Sharky, yah MMA would appeal to the gang-oriented crowd

it would be good money though, especially if you could organize "tough guys" from seperate groups to compete, to be honest though, i doubt it would appeal to actual MMA pro-athletes

GQ, your right i wouldnt think pro's would be interested. I'm hoping it could be more of a stepping stone for some of the young fighters coming out...
    I'm really intersested in doing this thing the right way (top notch) ... Between AC, Philly and NY I think there are plenty of fight fans to fill the place every weekend..

Thread Information