blizzard is offline Associate Member

Exclamation iron pills for the endurance in boxing???

Does anybody use iron pills to stimulate RBC production for boxing? Do anybody know how long should we continue iron intake inorder not to harm our body? Thanks for the help bros!!!

ManOnSwole is offline Junior Member
    I've never heard of iron pills unless you were anemic. I box with a pro who has to take iron pills because of anemia, but for the normal healthy boxer? Never heard of it.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Thats right u should only use them if u have a blood problem/iron defficiency , if your having no blood problem initially then iron pill could do more bad than good.

ManOnSwole is offline Junior Member
    I'd be worried of toxicity, you can poison yourself with iron supplementation.

what kind of problems can it make? in my blood test the RBC got beyond 5.9 and I was just like a machine during sparrings. (5.9 is the limit and mine was 6.2). I heard that 60 day treatment is good for you and it lasts long and its more safer than EPO usage. What do u think guys? any comments?

darmadoc is offline Member
    If you aren't anemic, taking iron will do nothing to cause increased red cell production. It will constipate you for sure, and in high enough doses can cause GI bleeding or even shock.

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    If you aren't anemic, taking iron will do nothing to cause increased red cell production. It will constipate you for sure, and in high enough doses can cause GI bleeding or even shock.
    I see darmadoc, thanx for ur awesome feedback. So do u know or suggest anything to increase endurance during boxing trainings or matches rather than ephedrine and EPO? thanx again !!! take care alot!!!

darmadoc is offline Member
    Nope. I think old fashioned training 'till you puke is the only way to go! Even EPO is only going to give an edge to the most superb of endurance athletes like Lance Armstrong.

Thread Information