sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink After last Pride 30 Shamrock should retire

This has not come has a suprise to me at all when i have seen that Sakuraba knocked out Shamrock in round 1.

I havent seen the fight but i am pertty sure that Ken gased out has he always does.

Its sad cause the guy doesnt know when to call it quits, and the worst if that when he fought Kimo last year at UFC48 it was one of the biggest UFC buy even on ppv.

Ken still draws and that reminds me a lot of Hogan in pro wrestling, he still draws has well.

People still think that Ken is the most dangerous man in the world but has is record shows it he cant keep up.

I cant wait to ear what Ken is gonna say in is post fight commentary and i am pertty sure we will see him fight in 2006 in UFC.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    i think he has that fighting spirit thats y he hasnt retired. hes had his time to shine and that is gone now.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Ken still draws and that reminds me a lot of Hogan in pro wrestling, he still draws has well.

You shouldn't compare a fighter with a clown.

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink Yeah what was i thinking

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

Bouncer that is so true Hogan is the biggest clown of them all.

I would love to see Ken again but more has a commentator like Bas is doing with Pride right now and doing on hell of a great job.

Div1Wrestler is offline Junior Member
    Yes he should hang it up

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Ken was in town sparring with a couple of our guys (just straight standup, no clinch or takedowns) He got worked pretty bad by one of our guys that's about 5'7" 200lbs...He's a tough kid with a TKD background and about 1 1/2 of muay thai...

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    Ken got knocked down with his head hanging between the ropes and Saku was punching him in the face-the ref called it, ken flipped out and protested. Saku would have let him have it and even if you watch the replay he was in no position to defend anything. His post interview he cried like a little baby.

Ken really never was much, He looked good in a world of trash--like the Gracie family, they were the best compared to all the kempo karate guys, but by todays standards its all old news. Mark Coleman, Don Frye, Gracies, and Shamrock were good when no one else knew what was going on-- Now everyone is informed and they are exposed.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaus777
    Ken got knocked down with his head hanging between the ropes and Saku was punching him in the face-the ref called it, ken flipped out and protested. Saku would have let him have it and even if you watch the replay he was in no position to defend anything. His post interview he cried like a little baby.

Ken really never was much, He looked good in a world of trash--like the Gracie family, they were the best compared to all the kempo karate guys, but by todays standards its all old news. Mark Coleman, Don Frye, Gracies, and Shamrock were good when no one else knew what was going on-- Now everyone is informed and they are exposed.
    I agree with you that Ken should retire but Ken did beat Rutten although this was before Rutten gained his ground game. None the less this is a great win. Also if you look at Coleman he helped write the book on ground and pound. He also won the GP in 2000 which is a great accomplishment. I think you need to look at these guys in the light of the time they competed in and not compare them to the fighters we have now.

Sharky72 is offline Associate Member
    Bro. Yeah Ken beat Bas, but he did it with a poor ass ankle lock! I myself would never apply an ankle lock unless i knew i was in over my head...
    A victory is a victory just doesnt fly with me. Too much pride i guess.. BTW I have spent some time with Ken and I will say that he's a down to earth nice guy and I wish him the best.

THE INCREDIBLE BULK is offline New Member
    i think Triple H will defeat Ric Flair this time around...

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

A clown that made more money then ken ever will make. And didnt have to get punch drunk doing it.
    I call that smart. Not a clown.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky72
    Bro. Yeah Ken beat Bas, but he did it with a poor ass ankle lock! I myself would never apply an ankle lock unless i knew i was in over my head...
    A victory is a victory just doesnt fly with me. Too much pride i guess.. BTW I have spent some time with Ken and I will say that he's a down to earth nice guy and I wish him the best.
    You have a great point on the Ankle lock. I love it when the White Belt in my BJJ class fall back and try to do their best Shammy impression. So I hear were your coming from. Thanks for your feedback

Thread Information