41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pride

30 73.17%
  • UFC

11 26.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Question Which is better: Pride or UFC

I think Pride is more recognizable as having better fighters. I think UFC is more marketing.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Pride...tbh i think ufc isnt in the catagory as pride.

with the exception of a few fighters...ide like to see chuck and randy and even ortiz fight in pride.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    Pride...tbh i think ufc isnt in the catagory as pride.

with the exception of a few fighters...ide like to see chuck and randy and even ortiz fight in pride.
    i have seen a couple pride fights with chuck, like liddel vs overeem and liddel vs jackson. both very good fights.

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    What about WWF

LOL

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    No you mean WWE Lol it add to change the name

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    shows you how much i pay attention to that sh** LOL

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    There is no comparision, pride is a much different league. Right now most ufc fighters are b level fighters. They are in the middle of a marketing scheme and getting the most marketable talent that they can grab and hope they all grow in to thier hype. Although a few in my opinon are solid arlowiski, franklin, and can maybe do some damge in pride, they would have not nearly of a force that they bring in the ufc.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Financially and size-wize Pride is te steps ahead of UFC, pride has so much more money and many more shows every year and can fill a stadium with up to 60,000 people live crowd, UFC has only managed 12,000 once and that was the all time high and a miracle to do so.

I think UFC before the TUF tv show had more talented fighters, pride only had a few elite and many "Freak Shows" aimed at entertaining the crowd by their appearance more than by their fighting (Bobb Sapp, Giant Silva, Sentoryu) , But as 2004 ended and 2005 came Pride bought in the best light and welterweights in the world for the Bushido show, and showed a super LHW and HW division by their GP shows, as for UFC they started the TUF tv show which introduced semi-talents into their event and UFC is going downhill because it cant seem to get exciting fightcards!

goose is offline Banned
    How well do you think Chuck liddel would do in Pride? I wish he went to pride.

goose4.....

nah chuck got beat by quinton jackson in 2003 real bad.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Pride is the closest thing to a real street fight 1 on 1....Except for the brazilian nhb events....The fighter quality is unrivalled in pride..They are the cream of the crop!!!
    Even arlovski would loose to mirko IMO.........Fedor is another story...lol

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    I voted for pride because they seem to have better matchups, but I like em both.

ManOnSwole is offline Junior Member
    Pride, because of two words....

Sean Gannon

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Pride has better fighters, but the in-english commentating is awful. In Japan fighting and Sumo are the only sports(pro-wrestling is kind of a sport there too) so they have a ton more money to get the best fighters. In America, UFC is still kind of bush league, it sucks they have to push the sponsers so much to generate enough money. I would love to see some type of merger or fighter crossover.

Wink There has been

Quote Originally Posted by Gassy
    Pride has better fighters, but the in-english commentating is awful. In Japan fighting and Sumo are the only sports(pro-wrestling is kind of a sport there too) so they have a ton more money to get the best fighters. In America, UFC is still kind of bush league, it sucks they have to push the sponsers so much to generate enough money. I would love to see some type of merger or fighter crossover.
    I do not understand why MMA is never really taken off in the USA, and even in Canada. I love boxing and please dont get me wrong but i think that MMA has so much more to offer.

There has been some fighters sent to Pride from the UFC, Chuck Liddel was sent there to compete in the 2003 gp he did beat Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem in the first round but at the next event got beat by Quinton Jackson and i mean TKO stoppage.

Chuck has also beaten Guy Mezger in Pride competition, and i really tought that he would get it on with Wandy but that never happened.

Now Pride where the ones that back down from the exchange and i think that they where quit unfair to do so, they never sent no one from Pride to UFC, strong rumors where that Sakuraba was going to have a match up there but that never happened. At UFC46 when Randy beat Vitor for the title Vandelei Silva was in the audiance, there was talk to unifie the light heavyweight championship and a fight between him and wandy, then we never eard of anything again.

If Pride would have been fair they would have put this fight in UFC, and that would have made it even.

I have nothing against UFC, i really enjoy there shows but its true that the caliber has suck to King of the Cage level, which is not that bad but does not compare to Pride either.

If Pride would be fair they would send on of there heavyweights to fight Arlovski who is wasting so much time now being fed second grade fighters like Buentello that got beat in what 15 seconds at the last event, no wonder people shy away from UFC. Lets face it Arlovski has no one that can beat him nor give him is right due challenge in UFC til Frank Mir returns. So why not send out Nogeira, Cro Cop, hell Fedor he is stuck in a root right now undefeated he needs a new challenge, Semmy Shilt would be good choice has well he has been in UFC before, and another great fighter that i really enjoy watching Sergei Kharitonov, this guy would be a great challenge for arlovski.

Has far has commentators i think that Mario Rannallo guy sucks, but hey we still have Bas Rutten the best in the world, also i miss Steven Quadros the fight professor, him and Bas made such a great commentators team.

Liddell openly said he wants to fight Vandelei Silva. Talking about fighting other companies is harsh words IMHO. Would be like Hogan (nWo) wanting to fight Sean Michaels (Degen. X) back in the feuding days.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    PRIDE

Talking No i think its pertty good actually

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Liddell openly said he wants to fight Vandelei Silva. Talking about fighting other companies is harsh words IMHO. Would be like Hogan (nWo) wanting to fight Sean Michaels (Degen. X) back in the feuding days.
    I think that the fans of MMA would benefit greatly form exchange fighters.

I know what you mean but the Hogan vs Micheals match at Summerslam this year was great.

mr keef is offline New Member
    where the hell can i see some pride action.only get to see ufc here in england????

Go Canucks Go is offline New Member
    Yah, same here in Canada, all I ever hear about is UFC.

UFC. Considering it's the only thing I see on tv. Those guys are just f*cking nuts!!!

You can get pride in canada true viewers choice. order straight from sherdog.com they have all the pride dvds there.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    I think that the fans of MMA would benefit greatly form exchange fighters.
    The fans yes...but as a business owner I would cringe. If Liddell gets tuned...how much reputation does UFC get out of it. NONE!

Wink Right

The fans yes...but as a business owner I would cringe. If Liddell gets tuned...how much reputation does UFC get out of it. NONE!
    But a fighter fights to get better, UFC sadly does not have enough opposition and Pride offers a lot more.

Liddell right now has no more opposition like many in UFC, he beat everyone.

There will be a Liddell vs Couture 3 after the holidays but to be honest do we need a 3 part to this?

I would rather see Liddel get into Pride and a remach with Quinton, against Wandy and more.

Liddell only won b/c of the thumb to Couture's eye. Couture is still the man IMHO.

Wink Ouch

Liddell only won b/c of the thumb to Couture's eye. Couture is still the man IMHO.
    You got the wrong fighter bro, Belfort won cause of the thumb in the eye at UFC46 not Liddell, Couture at beaten Liddell at UFC43 by knock out but Liddell beat him back at UFC52 this year by KO.

I was very excited when there where talk of a bout against Couture and Wandy, both where champion at that time.

Couture not like Shamrock still has some good fights in him, even at 42 he does not gas out and always come to a fight prepared, he looks damn amazing, cut up and in great shape, he did not abuse steroids like Shamrock did, and to be quit honest i think that Shamrock looks like a damn fool each time he fights now, he turned is back on Sakuraba and faced the corner kneeling down when he should have gone for the takedown.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    You got the wrong fighter bro, Belfort won cause of the thumb in the eye at UFC46 not Liddell, Couture at beaten Liddell at UFC43 by knock out but Liddell beat him back at UFC52 this year by KO.

Actually, you got it wrong bro. There was a bunch of controversy at the Liddell fight too. I got the DVD. They stop the fight briefly because of Couture eye being messed up. Then he gets hit with a shot from the same side as the jacked up eye.

Belfort fight also had the thumb to eye... couture's eye is just a magnet for fingers lol

Yeah been a while since i saw that fight too i know that they stopped it after 3 rounds.

There is a rumor that says around Feburary that there will be a Couture vs Liddel 3.

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Does Pride still do tournaments ever? I think UFC should still do a tournament once or twice a year, winner faces the champ at the next show.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I do not understand why MMA is never really taken off in the USA, and even in Canada. I love boxing and please dont get me wrong but i think that MMA has so much more to offer.

There has been some fighters sent to Pride from the UFC, Chuck Liddel was sent there to compete in the 2003 gp he did beat Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem in the first round but at the next event got beat by Quinton Jackson and i mean TKO stoppage.

Chuck has also beaten Guy Mezger in Pride competition, and i really tought that he would get it on with Wandy but that never happened.

Now Pride where the ones that back down from the exchange and i think that they where quit unfair to do so, they never sent no one from Pride to UFC, strong rumors where that Sakuraba was going to have a match up there but that never happened. At UFC46 when Randy beat Vitor for the title Vandelei Silva was in the audiance, there was talk to unifie the light heavyweight championship and a fight between him and wandy, then we never eard of anything again.

If Pride would have been fair they would have put this fight in UFC, and that would have made it even.

I have nothing against UFC, i really enjoy there shows but its true that the caliber has suck to King of the Cage level, which is not that bad but does not compare to Pride either.

If Pride would be fair they would send on of there heavyweights to fight Arlovski who is wasting so much time now being fed second grade fighters like Buentello that got beat in what 15 seconds at the last event, no wonder people shy away from UFC. Lets face it Arlovski has no one that can beat him nor give him is right due challenge in UFC til Frank Mir returns. So why not send out Nogeira, Cro Cop, hell Fedor he is stuck in a root right now undefeated he needs a new challenge, Semmy Shilt would be good choice has well he has been in UFC before, and another great fighter that i really enjoy watching Sergei Kharitonov, this guy would be a great challenge for arlovski.

Sakakibara offered to loan Dana White Ninja and CroCop but Dana said no and it is believed due to the price tag, basically the UFC would be paying Ninja's and Mirko's salary like Pride paid for Chuck and Vitors when they came over.

Dentokan is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Sakakibara offered to loan Dana White Ninja and CroCop but Dana said no and it is believed due to the price tag, basically the UFC would be paying Ninja's and Mirko's salary like Pride paid for Chuck and Vitors when they came over.
    It maybe too that it will show the caliber of fighter Pride has to offer compared to the UFC. I mean lets look at the comparisons of the champions alone Fedor no debate there what so ever, Arlovski nor Lidell would hold more then 1 round with Fedor. And Silva Vs. Franklin if anyone has seen Silva fight he ownes the ring. And Hughes Vs. Silva ya right. I know the weight class break up is different but they could choose the no 4 point attack because of the weight differences if Hughes and Lidell wanted. I just would like to see an all out Pride Vs. UFC.

nalbano34 is offline Member
    after the last two....ufc all the way...pride stops the shit too soon

Talking Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Dentokan
    It maybe too that it will show the caliber of fighter Pride has to offer compared to the UFC. I mean lets look at the comparisons of the champions alone Fedor no debate there what so ever, Arlovski nor Lidell would hold more then 1 round with Fedor. And Silva Vs. Franklin if anyone has seen Silva fight he ownes the ring. And Hughes Vs. Silva ya right. I know the weight class break up is different but they could choose the no 4 point attack because of the weight differences if Hughes and Lidell wanted. I just would like to see an all out Pride Vs. UFC.
    That is a great idea, i wonder how Loiseau and St-Pierre would do against Pride fighters?

UFC welterweights are kind of in a weightclass of their own compared to Pride, but say St. Pierre vs Gomi... that would rock.

wow check this out...

Spike is doing a Matt Hughes special...

he just knocked out a PRIDE fighter, Carlos Newton, by slamming him on the mat to take the WW championship.

Then he beat the shit out of another PRIDE/SHOOTO fighter, Sakurai...

both badass PRIDE fighters.... interesting.

Of course the UFC WW division is stacked...

Personally what I'd like to see is the UFC add another lower weight class.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I prefere pride, I really like their heavyweight and middleweigh(lightheavy weight in ufc). I would love to see Randy vs Silva. I just think its a better match up Muay thia clinch vs Greco clinch I want to see Henderson vs Franklin so bad...war Henderson. Chuck and Silva would be a great match up so would Chuck vs Shogun. I say this on the idea styles make fight and with Couture being an upperbody wrestler i.e. his greco background I think this would make it a very intersting match. Also the Shogun vs Liddell match I think would be a great style match up. Anway just my two cents

Which Is Better.....arena Football Or The Nfl!!!!!!!!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    couture's eye is just a magnet for fingers lol
    yeah ain't no one in the ufc gonna beat him without an eye gouge lol.

i think pride is about 50x better than the ufc. i'm pretty sure the only people who've said ufc are the ones unfamiliar with pride. it's like asking what's better the ohl or nhl.
    Last edited by J.S.N.; 12-14-2005 at 10:26 PM.

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    That Would Be Good! I Would Like To See Chuck And Shogun! But I Think Shogun Would Rape Chuck!!!!! Imho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information