miguy82 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down UFC compared hughes vs. riggs

just watched a program that ufc had on tv about riggs vs hughes, i couldnt beleive it.

they were saying (dana white) that riggs has an excellent chance against matt. he said riggs looks bigger(physically) and saying hes just as strong or stronger. thatpissed me off ,cuz i think matt is much stronger if not the strongest in the welterweight. also saying that only thng matt has on riggs is wrestling. that riggs is faster matt wont be able to throw punches like riggs(which is true) and that riggs says he woud beat matt on his back. i know there both great in submissions whatever, only thing is that ive seen matt in many terrible situation where hes almost been submited while on top. i mean im a huge huge matt hughes fan and i would hate to see him loose to this punk kid who thinks hes everything and no one can stop him, matt better win is all im saying....

ne one else wanna input on strengths and weakness' ofboth and who theyll def think will win and walk away champ(i think riggs is talking to much trash saying" hughes will b takin off on a stretcher bleeding to death"

FINAMAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miguy82
    just watched a program that ufc had on tv about riggs vs hughes, i couldnt beleive it.

they were saying (dana white) that riggs has an excellent chance against Matt. He said riggs looks bigger(physically) and saying hes just as strong or stronger. thatpissed me off ,cuz i think matt is much stronger if not the strongest in the welterweight. also saying that only thng matt has on riggs is wrestling. that riggs is faster matt wont be able to throw punches like riggs(which is true) and that riggs says he woud beat matt on his back. i know there both great in submissions whatever, only thing is that ive seen matt in many terrible situation where hes almost been submited while on top. i mean im a huge huge matt hughes fan and i would hate to see him loose to this punk kid who thinks hes everything and no one can stop him, matt better win is all im saying....

ne one else wanna input on strengths and weakness' ofboth and who theyll def think will win and walk away champ(i think riggs is talking to much trash saying" hughes will b takin off on a stretcher bleeding to death"
    Joe riggs MR. Diesel wont stand a chance againt Matt. Joe is a good striker and good on his feet but hes not a good submitionest and he also wont stand a chance on the ground against Matt. Matt is much stronger and a more experienced fighter. MR. Diesel lost to Ivan Salaverry by submission I believe I dont know but this guy doesnt stand a chance against Matt and the only reason UFC (Dana White) Mr. president is biggin up Joe Riggs is because he wants ratings and he also wants people to order this event on pay paper view. If you pay attention at every pay per view event they always big up the underdog. For example that fat dude that fought Andre the pitbull arlovski at the last event in October got his ass knocked out in like 8 secondes lol. They (UFC) Dana White, were mentioning before the fight that he will knock Andre out and also that he stand a really good chance now thats just funny.
    Last edited by FINAMAN; 11-15-2005 at 11:40 PM.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i think riggs will be a better fight than trigg. but i expect hughes to win

PressThis is offline Junior Member
    Huges is going to slam riggs right on his head in the first 5 minutes, and knock him out. "QUOTE ME"

JAMIE720 is offline Junior Member
    Riggs has a pyhsical advantage in that he used to walk around at over 250lbs at 6 feet tall however I dont think he will be able to take advantage of that since he will most likeky be on his back quickly.Hughes wont look to stand up and trade very long and is much better on ther ground than riggs so this wont last long.Hughes by tapout.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Riggs lost a tone of weight, guess he stopped juicing, he is very young and apparently strong.

Sure he will not beat Hugues but where the hell is the title shot for GSP????????

Some annoucner said his first fight in the octagon he came in around 300 pounds. I assume all ufc guys stopped juicing or went to pride with all this ufc steroid testing now.

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    Riggs is allright, but Hughes will destroy him...

I dont think he was huge from juicing, he was a fatass.

miguy82 is offline Associate Member
    thanks for the replies guys..

ya i dont think any pound for pound is near as strong as hughes is, i dont think ne one can pick a guy up like he did that carlos guy when he slammed him on the mat knocking him out . i was so amazed to see that strength in anyone, he picked him up over the octagon with no leverage, what a beast.lol

also ya i think riggs will be on his back in a matter of sec and wont be able to even move matt from there. also riggs used to be a 300lb fatboy no muscle and matt used to be 190 all muscle thendropped to compete, andhe also has much better cardio thn riggs. i feel hell still keep the belt for awhile, he wont lose n e time soon only to a quick submission like hallman did to him but i dont see that happening ever hes too strong. ive seen him i many submission attempts and just pick th guy up and slam the shit outta him.lol

HUGHES ALL THE WAY BABY.LOL

Thread Information