Infidel is offline Junior Member

MA for Bouncer/Bodyguard

Which MA do you would be best for a Bouncer/Security/Bodyguard? Something with control holds and locks.

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    jiu jitsu

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Aikido

boxer121 is offline New Member
    f**K MA..........I use Glock17 and M4 carbine !!

goose is offline Banned
    The Yoshinkan is a harder style of Aikido, generally concerned with practical efficiency and physically robust techniques. It is taught to many branches of the Japanese Police.I use this form,very effective for multiple attackers,which is Important,this is where jiu jitsu has some weakness.So I mix both.

goose4.............

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    If not Karate, try Krazy........works everytime..

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i usually talk them out the door (thats our policy) but if that dont work i just twist there arm behind there back and grab there collar. works everytime, helps if you got other doormen watching your back, that way his friends dont get any smart ideas.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Jitz

thisnamesux is offline Junior Member
    there are specialized c & r (control and restraint) courses...
    i got to go on one tonight, luckily the club i work at is paying for it.

i used to do judo (when i was bout 10 - 15 years old..... im comin up to 20 now but u never forget) and i always use moves i learned from that.

A lot of the groundwork is excellent, since we have a lot of people who choose to drop to the ground when we're "ejecting" them from the club.

Failing that, pull their gilrfriend.... they dnt usually like that, an leave, in a strop.

wand77 is offline New Member
    dont forget about greco or freestyle wrestling, for good takedowns and body control. this way you dont have to mess them up and risk getting in trouble

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by wand77
    dont forget about greco or freestyle wrestling, for good takedowns and body control. this way you dont have to mess them up and risk getting in trouble

I work doors and am always aware of hurting someone in front of a witness, and yes I agree with you to an extent. Its good to show that you haven't roughened someone up whilst ejecting them and thats where chokes and locks come in handy. But some striking experience is a must too, it ain't always going to be one-on-one and sometime your going to get into a free-for-all melee and thats when you want to be good with your hands.

Although I said Jitz earlier, I practice Kickboxing and Judo. Ideally these two would do you, but it would take many, many years of experience in both to be competent in both.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel
    Which MA do you would be best for a Bouncer/Security/Bodyguard? Something with control holds and locks.
    for thode sugesting wrestling, judo or jitz, those are so wrong for the above question. the last thing you want is to end up on the ground, especially as a bodyguard. you cant protect your client if your rolling around on the ground, and any bouncer who has to take someone to the ground to get them to leave needs more training. something with "control" holds and locks, i say AIKIDO

wand77 is offline New Member
    i was just thinking wrestling so no one gets hurt, unless u wanna do a lil ground n pound lol. but for messin people up thai i think would be best, doesnt really take long to learn elbows, knees and hooks. learning how to kick is a bitch tho lol

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    A Lot Of People Neglect The Form Called Krav Maga...It Is A Military Defense Martial Art And For A Bouncer I Guarantee It Would Be Beneficial...

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I work doors and am always aware of hurting someone in front of a witness, and yes I agree with you to an extent. Its good to show that you haven't roughened someone up whilst ejecting them and thats where chokes and locks come in handy. But some striking experience is a must too, it ain't always going to be one-on-one and sometime your going to get into a free-for-all melee and thats when you want to be good with your hands.

Although I said Jitz earlier, I practice Kickboxing and Judo. Ideally these two would do you, but it would take many, many years of experience in both to be competent in both.
    Absolutley Correct!

I am a head doorman w/ 6 people working under me

Learn the carotid choke hold & self defense laws in your area

Thread Information