Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member

Question Bruce Lee vs Tito Ortiz

Im trying to settle an argument with some friends that has gone on for years.
    Who would win Bruce Lee VS Tito Ortiz?? (or any other MMA fight at 205 or under)??? Both guys in their "prime"

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    i'll say bruce

mikeCbrooke is offline Junior Member
    No way, Tito would beat all 120 lbs of Bruce

IMO.........Bruce Lee was an actor, sure he had the moves, but could he really punch out a guy like Tito, or Vitor?

I dont think so!

WildCh1ld is offline Banned

Imo

I have to say Tito will beat the sh*t out of my man bruce........

100m champ is offline Member
    Bruce cant fight.. Tito would crush bruce kick him and strangle his as*

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    bruce was a legend. He could throw a guy 8 feet away with his one inch punch...
    But tito is ****ing tough. Bruce lee was so powerful and lightning fast. Tito is too...
    i'm gonna go with Bruce.

Joey2ness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy
    bruce was a legend. He could throw a guy 8 feet away with his one inch punch...
    But tito is ****ing tough. Bruce lee was so powerful and lightning fast. Tito is too...
    i'm gonna go with Bruce.
    I dont think it was real that bruce lee could punch someone 8 feet away
    I saw on mythbuster that a full on 12 gauge shot gun blast to the chest of a 200lb pig couldn't even knock it 1 feet away...myth busted and this wasn't a movie

Bruce lee was lightning fast but if Tito punched him once he would be knock out cold. and not to mention bruce lee would fly 16 feet away ''Joking''

Fact: Bruce lee had only one testicle
    I read that off from Time Magazine and i found over 100 different asian legitimate news sites that backs this fact up
    http://www.time.com/time/time100/her...ile/lee02.html

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    umm wow...bruce lee?....are you talking about bruce lee the legend? this shouldn't even be a question...the guy was the baddest dude ever...period...

bruce Lee

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    any decent guy fighting in PRIDE would woop bruce lee

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I actually know guys in California that sparred with Bruce on a regular basis. He had lots of difficulty with them all. Bruce was only 125-135lbs soak'n'wet. Bruce was an extremely talented Martial Artist and great with camera angles and such. Frankly, if it wasn't for Bruce taking the Arts to a histerically elevated level back in the 70's, some of us might not have ever gotten into MA's in the first place. His place is secure, but he was "not" a NHB type of fighter that much I do know!

MJ

Paullusion is offline Associate Member
    Dude, that stament is redicuous. If you knew anything about physics you'd know that for a gun to knock someone down, the shooter himself would be knocked down! Also the bullet, or buckshots energy is dispersed as it penetrated the flesh reducing the impact. You can't compare punches to gunshots in that context.

A fist is a much harder hit and yes it's possible to knock someone 8 feet. Go watch a video of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey2ness
    I dont think it was real that bruce lee could punch someone 8 feet away
    I saw on mythbuster that a full on 12 gauge shot gun blast to the chest of a 200lb pig couldn't even knock it 1 feet away...myth busted and this wasn't a movie

Bruce lee was lightning fast but if Tito punched him once he would be knock out cold. and not to mention bruce lee would fly 16 feet away ''Joking''

Fact: Bruce lee had only one testicle
    I read that off from Time Magazine and i found over 100 different asian legitimate news sites that backs this fact up
    http://www.time.com/time/time100/her...ile/lee02.html

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Bruce Lee would kill tito or any other MMA fighter. He was too fast for real-time vids. You can't see the punch in real-time, it has to be slowed down to see it coming. If you can't see a punch, how can you defend against it. He couldn't fight??? Are you kidding me? You have no idea how many street fights he had to fight just because he was bruce lee. People would start fights with him on the street and even break into his home to fight him in hopes of being the man that defeated bruce lee. MMa fiighters today don't have to deal with a tenth of the sh!t bruce went through. Bruce was a legend for a reason. Don't disrespect him with questions like this...

The Beauty is: We can only speculate. We all lost Bruce way too soon. Funny though, he would be about 64 or 65 years old if he was still alive today! And I'll bet he would be a huge fan of MMA fights!

MJ

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    Most people that talk about brue lee use words like "legend" , "disrespect", and "lighting fast"---which arent very concrete

Im just looking for some kinda real/unbiased argument other than the rather popular- "emotional" conection to the question

100m champ is offline Member
    Bruce lee is a joke.. And TITO ORTIZ HAS A GLASS JAW SO ITS GONNA BE A CLOSE FIGHT

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    if u think bruce lee is a joke, ur a joke.

nsa
    According to Bruce Lee he was in over 300 street fights. I can assure you he knew how to fight against people trying to take him down.

It's not biased to point out that he was faster than a camera could catch on normal film. You could see the punch when it was over, but not when it was in motion.

this is true. anyone that's doubts bruce lee bases their assumption on what they see in the movies. bruce lee's movie fighting was just that, movie fighting. he fought street fights in which he could have been killed had he not won. he was and still is the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paullusion
    Dude, that stament is redicuous. If you knew anything about physics you'd know that for a gun to knock someone down, the shooter himself would be knocked down! Also the bullet, or buckshots energy is dispersed as it penetrated the flesh reducing the impact. You can't compare punches to gunshots in that context.

A fist is a much harder hit and yes it's possible to knock someone 8 feet. Go watch a video of it.
    since when was a fist much harder hit then getting pump full of buckshot from up close,dont tell me movies.
    Go re-read what you just typed!

Are you the type of person that believes most the things you see in movies'

I just watched the video of it and im up in arms with my mouth wide open with amazement in my eyes and it must be real, Joking!
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 05-22-2005 at 12:02 AM.

Bruce lee is the original master of Jeet Kun Do. A very effective martial arts style that Lee adapted from over 14 different martial arts styles. He shortened the moves, made them less for show and improved them by over 100% This angered many people...
    He is now a legend. People think Bruce lee was a fraud or nothing but an actor?
    If you have any doubts, read
    "the Tao of Jeet Kune Do" by Bruce Lee.
    Most of his secrets lie there.

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Bruce Lee would kill tito or any other MMA fighter. He was too fast for real-time vids. You can't see the punch in real-time, it has to be slowed down to see it coming. If you can't see a punch, how can you defend against it. He couldn't fight??? Are you kidding me? You have no idea how many street fights he had to fight just because he was bruce lee. People would start fights with him on the street and even break into his home to fight him in hopes of being the man that defeated bruce lee. MMa fiighters today don't have to deal with a tenth of the sh!t bruce went through. Bruce was a legend for a reason. Don't disrespect him with questions like this...
    It is true that Bruce had to slow down because the camera couldn't pick up his moves clearly. It is documented.

R.I.P. Bruce Lee
    RESPECT.

Have you even taken highschool physics let alone have a degree in applied sciences? ...that's what i though

Quote Originally Posted by Joey2ness
    since when was a fist much harder hit then getting pump full of buckshot from up close,dont tell me movies.
    Go re-read what you just typed!

Are you the type of person that believes most the things you see in movies'

I just watched the video of it and im up in arms with my mouth wide open with amazement in my eyes and it must be real, Joking!

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't belive the ignorance here. Tito would win. Bruce is fast YES....but way to small. In strenght as well as height. It's hard fighting a taller guy. Bruce was onlt 5'7" at the tallest and never wieghed more than 147 at the heaviest, if that. Most of the time he was lighter.
    As far as the one inch punch stuff, here's what i have to say. If you are positioned perfectly and concetrate, you may be able to generate enough force to knock a person down with 1 inch of distance.......HOWEVER....nobody in a fight just stands there waiting for you to perfect your position, your foot placement, your breathing, you focus, and or your generation of chi(if it even exists), becuse they are a MOVING target. This same rule applies to those who can break 5 thick blocks of ice with a karate chop. It may work when you focus for 10 seconds and the angle is perfect and breathing and body positioning is all in order, and when you've practiced it dozens of times, but how many of those variables do you have with a real fight? 0. You can't position and breath perfect and set up u perfect shot in a real fight that will generate enough force to break 10 bricks or blocks of ice. In a real fight, its movement, and how well you can move and set up shots. Case in point: How many heavy weight boxing champs do you know that broke bricks regularly? I can't think of any.

Bruce was awesome. But he would not be able to stand up to most fighters today. He may hold his own on the stand-up. Maybe even manage to knock a guy down(where talkin guys like Jens Pulver or B.J. Pen, small guys) but he wouldn't be able to do much on the ground becuase of his size. Not that bruce couldn't grapple. Bruce made many contributions to modern day shootwrestling and had some wicked submissions of his own. But his lack of strength would hold him back, plus his form of grappling and ground work was proably not quite as advanced as most MMA fighters today.

Would Bruce beat tito? No.

Now the real question would be: If bruce could travel forward in time as a young man, and train with top MMA fighters of today, do some roids to beef him up, how much damage would he do? Hmm. That would be interesting.

you're not thinking about it in the right way. the one inch punch is powerful. now imagine his power in a full on punch.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    I can't belive the ignorance here. Tito would win. Bruce is fast YES....but way to small. In strenght as well as height. It's hard fighting a taller guy. Bruce was onlt 5'7" at the tallest and never wieghed more than 147 at the heaviest, if that. Most of the time he was lighter.
    As far as the one inch punch stuff, here's what i have to say. If you are positioned perfectly and concetrate, you may be able to generate enough force to knock a person down with 1 inch of distance.......HOWEVER....nobody in a fight just stands there waiting for you to perfect your position, your foot placement, your breathing, you focus, and or your generation of chi(if it even exists), becuse they are a MOVING target. This same rule applies to those who can break 5 thick blocks of ice with a karate chop. It may work when you focus for 10 seconds and the angle is perfect and breathing and body positioning is all in order, and when you've practiced it dozens of times, but how many of those variables do you have with a real fight? 0. You can't position and breath perfect and set up u perfect shot in a real fight that will generate enough force to break 10 bricks or blocks of ice. In a real fight, its movement, and how well you can move and set up shots. Case in point: How many heavy weight boxing champs do you know that broke bricks regularly? I can't think of any.

Bruce was awesome. But he would not be able to stand up to most fighters today. He may hold his own on the stand-up. Maybe even manage to knock a guy down(where talkin guys like Jens Pulver or B.J. Pen, small guys) but he wouldn't be able to do much on the ground becuase of his size. Not that bruce couldn't grapple. Bruce made many contributions to modern day shootwrestling and had some wicked submissions of his own. But his lack of strength would hold him back, plus his form of grappling and ground work was proably not quite as advanced as most MMA fighters today.

Now the real question would be: If bruce could travel forward in time as a young man, and train with top MMA fighters of today, do some roids to beef him up, how much damage would he do? Hmm. That would be interesting.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981

Are you serious? Bruce Lee would knock him out in literally under a minute with a high kick that he wouldn't even see. You won't see it in his movies, but Bruce Lee was a master at the sprawl and just image him sprawling and reigning knees to the poor guy that tried to shoot in on him. Do you honestly think that people that fought him on the street and in his home didn't try to take him down?

nice! haha

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Are you serious? Bruce Lee would knock him out in literally under a minute with a high kick that he wouldn't even see. You won't see it in his movies, but Bruce Lee was a master at the sprawl and just image him sprawling and reigning knees to the poor guy that tried to shoot in on him. Do you honestly think that people that fought him on the street and in his home didn't try to take him down?

It does my heart good to know Bruce still has so many fans! His status as a legend in MA's is secure and well deserved. But remember MA's has and always will be evolving. A Bruce Lee from 1973 would not beat a T.O. of 2005.

big tu is offline New Member
    You are all crazy,

Its like asking if father christmas would beat the easter bunny ha ha. lmfao...ha ha ha ha.

But I get the idea. Fighting is a unique set ot variables including LUCK. You can beat a guy one day but dont let it go to your head cos theres no law says he wont beat up on you the next time you meet. Any1 can be beat. Every1 can be knocked out. And if your unlucky enougth to get caught flush on the chin by any decent fighter who can punch.( for example tito or lee) Then no matter who you are Lennox lewis, tito, tyson ,lee, rickson Im hard gracy or the big guy in the gym you stand the chance of being Knocked out and kicked to death.

On the other hand if you were to trip and lose your footing for a minute and the punch missed you and you countered then things could go a different way.

Ive had many street fights. Won some lost some knocked people out almost killed people.

Had my nose broke face split. Beat guys who I was lucky to beat and lost to guys I should have wooped. How many times you come out uf the gym feeling shit good days and bad days. Rougth and smooth.

Obviously the two fighters in question were different in there styles and uniquely talented. And obviously technique strenght skill and abillity come into fighting but you can never say wholl beat who untill thewy get it on. Life has to many upsets in it for that.

And size doesnt really matter, Or else we wouldnt need to fight just see who was the biggest and leave it at that.

Shit man think Im crazy ive wrote a ****ing essay about nothing.... wonder who would win out of father christmas and the easter bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Paullusion
    you're not thinking about it in the right way. the one inch punch is powerful. now imagine his power in a full on punch.
    I get it Bruce lee was the God of War for most people and even if you shot lee in the head with a .357 magnum.The bullet will just ricochet off him and hit you own head.The Matrix would have been real to most people if they didn't reveal how they did the movie.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    bruce lee is revered for a reason. if u wanna talk power, we can. it doesnt matter how small this man was, his fighting was big enough. he practiced on a steel-reinforced headgear and caved it in after one session. he could explode a 100lb kicking bag with a step by sidekick, and send a 200 lb bag to the top of the ceiling. bruce lee could put his two fingers through an unopened STEEL(not aluminum)coke can. that is SICK! this man could put his fingers through your body like butter. 5'7" 140 lbs of bruce lee is too much for tito ortiz. like many have said, bruce was insanely quick. i think tito would barely have time to blink/breathe before bruce was in his face and knocking him out. that's no exaggeration if you knew how quick bruce was. he actually had to slow down for the camera in his movies, so you could catch his moves.

keylock is offline Associate Member
    any one who think bruce would win over tito or any other 170 and up pro mma fighter probably watches wwe and dosent no shit about mma and evolution of fighting! bruc was a actur and when he did fight he was fighting other 140 lbs krati men. and any one who has even seen a few mma fight knows a karati fighter has no chance aginst even a novice grappler. And yes tito has a week chin but would probly smiel after bruce hit him after that tito has mount and is bashing his littel face in.

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    bruce hands down

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    That tread is so funny, i am still a huge fan of bruce lee man this guy was fast.

But he was an actor and not an MMA fighter. pertty sure that Tito would have put him against the fence and GNP him to death LOL

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    I actually know guys in California that sparred with Bruce on a regular basis. He had lots of difficulty with them all. Bruce was only 125-135lbs soak'n'wet. Bruce was an extremely talented Martial Artist and great with camera angles and such. Frankly, if it wasn't for Bruce taking the Arts to a histerically elevated level back in the 70's, some of us might not have ever gotten into MA's in the first place. His place is secure, but he was "not" a NHB type of fighter that much I do know!

MJ
    this fact plus everthing i wrote should be enough to answer this stupid question. If bruce could just penetrae 200 pound bags with his foot, then why arent all of his training partners dead, or at least severly injured? Why would he have any trouble? He broke the bag, didn't he? By your logic no human could last more than a split second with Bruce. Well, news flash: the bag wasnt MOVING.
    All of bruces miralcualous feats must be taken with a grain of salt.
    Im not sayin i don't love bruce, but he can't hold a candle to one of the worlds top fighters in the worlds most elite fighting competition

it's funny how the best you guys can come up with is "he was an actor" what the hell does that have to do with how well he can fight?

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    He was an actor BECAUSE he was such a great fighter. Not the other way around.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    120lbs is 120lbs any way you slice it! Bruce lee was fast and one bad ass MOFO for his size but I doubt he had the power to knock out any of the top guys today using his fists. Now his leg could do it but for him to be able to kick someone, he is close enough to be grabbed or scooped and then you have a 120lb man being choked out quick.

big tu is offline New Member
    It Doesnt Take More Power To Knock Out A Big Guy Than A Small Guy. You Get Hit On The Chin Hard You Go Out. Its To Do With Nerves In The Chin, I Dont Know Any Workouts That Build Chin Muscles.

So The Little Guy Could Just As Easy Knock Out A Big Guy As A Little Guy.

As For Bruce Beating Tito.

Ive Seen Tito A Little Im In The Uk And Ufc Isnt That Well Known. He Fights Well Hits Hard And Ive Only Seen Him Woop Guys Havent Seen Him Beat.

If He Has A Weak Chin As Has Been Said Id Expect Him To Get Knocked Out As Bruce Was Lightning Fast With Punch Kicks And Close Quarter Fighting.

But If He Can Take As Good As He Can Give Then Itd Be A Good Fight Obviously A Big Guy Getting Hold Of A Little Guy Has A Big Advantage.

But Unless You Wana Dig Old Brucy Boy Up Youll Never Know.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information