sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink Where does that speed makes power theory come from? (box this)

Hi box this i have seen your reply to the steroid thread and want to know where that speed makes power come from.

Main reason is that i competed in tae kwon do younger at 170 pounds, i was weight training at the same time and manage to gain mass and compete at 190 pounds, i was still fast at that weight and add a lot more power?

Also i have seen many boxers that where really fast but lacked punching power.

I am on a diet right now to eliminate back pain, went from 210 pounds to 195 pounds right now, i am still very interested in getting back into martial arts, my goal weight is 180 pounds and i am 5 feet 10, i still want to hold some punching power but will i hit has hard at 180 then when i was say 190 pounds.

Thanks, btw you got some very impressive amateur bouts, i trained in boxing back in 1998 there i lost a lot of unwanted pounds we did not have a ring we just did shadow boxing, rounds on the punching bag and rope... but it was pertty intense.

Bump

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    basic physics

power = force X velocity

in other words, power comes from a combination of both strength and speed.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Force = mass * acceleration

Think of it like this, I hit you in my can at 10mph you might get a broken let. I hit you in my car at 80mph bits of you are all over the road.

Punching is a strange thing. To put it simple some can and some can’t. Did you see the Williams and Harrison fight? Harrison can not punch and he is 250lbs. Tyson on the other hand has punches like blows from a sledge hammer when he fought at 220lbs. But in general more weight = more power. That’s why we have weight divisions. It’s not fair to put a 150lbs fighter in with a 250lbs fighter so with that said you will probably not have the power you did at 190lbs down at 180lbs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by graeme87
    Force = mass * acceleration

Think of it like this, I hit you in my can at 10mph you might get a broken let. I hit you in my car at 80mph bits of you are all over the road.

Punching is a strange thing. To put it simple some can and some can’t. Did you see the Williams and Harrison fight? Harrison can not punch and he is 250lbs. Tyson on the other hand has punches like blows from a sledge hammer when he fought at 220lbs. But in general more weight = more power. That’s why we have weight divisions. It’s not fair to put a 150lbs fighter in with a 250lbs fighter so with that said you will probably not have the power you did at 190lbs down at 180lbs.

So its all in the techic when you punch and kick that makes up the power.

MMMMMM i get it now thanks guys

Thread Information