davinci191 is offline Junior Member

Silva And Arona N.y.e. Card

I Would Like To Hear You Thoughts And Predictions For This Fight. I Going With Arona Again.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    How I break this down strength will go to Arona and he has a low kick like a mule. Conditioning goes to Silva becouse it takes so much oxygen to run all that muscle mass that Arona has. Striking goes to Silva without a doubt. Silva did not preform up to his ability. He was way to passive standing and Let Arona get that low kick off. Now I see Arona going for the Lowkick and Silva countering it with a nice cross or stiff left. Arona will get worried about not having his low kick to set up his takedown, so his takedown game will suffer. He will get flustered and get caught with some knees coming in. Later in the rounds I see silva scoring a TKO victory over a flustered and winded Arona. I do believe Arona will get some takedowns but his GnP has never overly impressed me at all. Thus being said I think he will score some takedowns but I see silva utilizing his butterfly guard much more and scrambling back to his feet. WAAARRR SILVA

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I dont want to make any prediction cause both theses fighter are amazing.

I will just enjoy the fight and it will be a great one.

but you know what I really wanna see is Arona and Shogun again. reason.......... I think in the MW grand prix Arona battled with Silva and Shougun had a pretty easy first match giving him a good fresh second match ! I want to see them go at it fresh and I take shogun! Your thoughts? By the way Arona's low kick was off the chain man I was like hell yea. You know what else could just kill Arona? That guy never puts his damn chin down! If there is a person to knock it off it's Sylva! Soooooooooo, I think Im going to change my mind on this one. I take Sylva! LMAO!!!
    Last edited by davinci191; 12-17-2005 at 06:55 AM.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm more pumped about this rematch, personally, because i think wandy just froze when he realized arona has some beastly kicks and just stopped fighting like a deer in headlights.

Hell yea when Arona put him down with that first low kick I think that messed with Wands head a bit!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davinci191
    Hell yea when Arona put him down with that first low kick I think that messed with Wands head a bit!
    eff yeah bro. i've never seen him like that.

You know what else could just kill Arona? That guy has his chin in the air just like hickson gracie used to do. In my opinion, If there is a person to knock it off it's Sylva!

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm gonna say arona, wandy had no answer for his takedowns and def wasn't going to out grapple him on the ground. Plus aronas ground and pound seems to have really gotten a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    i'm gonna say arona, wandy had no answer for his takedowns and def wasn't going to out grapple him on the ground. Plus aronas ground and pound seems to have really gotten a lot better.
    well i'll bet good money wands really pissed off about the way he took arona as a chump and he came out with allot of unexpected stuff ,the low kicks were perfect but I'll guarantee wand prepared extra hard for this and for god sake somebody needs to tell arona to bury that chin in his chest! but I cant call it. cant wait to see how it unfolds

I respect Arona alot but I can't stand the guy. He is a great fighter and wins but I hate to say it for training with BTT his submissions are not what I expect compared to the Nog brothers. Also his ground and pound has never been good its mediocore to poor in my eyes. Also if Silva stays busy on bottom he will wear Arona out due to all the oxygen that takes to run his muscles. I don't think Pride really wants to have him as a champ since he is very unpopular with the Japanese fans. Shogun wise he matches up great with Arona. He has enough grappling and wrestling to piss Arona off. Plus he is so damn aggressive which Arona hates. On a side not I was so happy when Rampage Knocked him the **** out. War Silva

If silva can keep the fight on his feet he can beat arone easily. I just cant see silva being able to keep it standing. Arona's grappling is well above par and he put some pretty good ground and pound on silva the first fight. I dont see arona getting tired cuz he always comes in phenominal shape. He's bigger and stronger than silva and can keep silva down at will. I'm curious to see silvas game plan since we already know what aronas is.

BTW i cant stand arona either. He's always bitching about something and hardly shows respect. He always has an excuse for all of his losses.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    If silva can keep the fight on his feet he can beat arone easily. I just cant see silva being able to keep it standing. Arona's grappling is well above par and he put some pretty good ground and pound on silva the first fight. I dont see arona getting tired cuz he always comes in phenominal shape. He's bigger and stronger than silva and can keep silva down at will. I'm curious to see silvas game plan since we already know what aronas is.
    I agree his grappling is great. I come from a wrestling background and his takedowns are great so is his control. I am just not really impressed with his G n P. I believe you should always win fights but much like Sak put on enough to win. Also B.Rutten questions Arona's cardio thats why I included that but I really do see your point. Thank you for being so respectful even though we have differing ideas on some points

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    I agree his grappling is great. I come from a wrestling background and his takedowns are great so is his control. I am just not really impressed with his G n P. I believe you should always win fights but much like Sak put on enough to win. Also B.Rutten questions Arona's cardio thats why I included that but I really do see your point. Thank you for being so respectful even though we have differing ideas on some points

no prob dude, lol remember this aint sherdog where if someone doesnt agree with you they tell you to crawl in a hole and die.

Thread Information