davinci191 is offline Junior Member

who can take Fedor Emelianenko?

who can take Fedor Emelianenko? please shed some light on this!

simm is offline Senior Member
    NOBODY!!!!!!!!!! lol i am serious.....

Yea, I cant figure it out! hes a god damn stud!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i think crocop has the best chance of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    i think crocop has the best chance of anyone.
    Cro Cop...I used to think that way, but Cro Cop cant strike when someone if preesing the action.

He is really only successful with ihs strikes when he is fighting someone who is afraid of his strikes. He cant hit fedor with the high kick when fedor is in his face...and Fedor punching ability, I think, is better than Cro Cop. For 2 reasons, Fedor has more punching power, and #2- cro cop can not unload on fedor because than he is vulnerable for the takedown.

As for the original question...nobody under MMA rules can beat FEDOR (unless there is a lucky punch, i.e. cro cop v randleman).
    Last edited by catabolic kid; 12-17-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Ill post a thread aln let you know who can beat FEDOR.
    Last edited by catabolic kid; 12-17-2005 at 02:26 PM.

cro cop did some real damage to fedor that fight. fedor's face looked like mash and crocop really hung with him for 2 rounds.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    I Could.

Kraye is offline New Member
    Crocop has the best chance at beating Fedor. Crocop's biggest problem in that fight was consistentcy. Crocop came out and basically beat the s**t out of Fedor for a while but Crocop just couldn't keep up the pace while Fedor kept "bringin' it". Fedor doesn't seem to tire like other fighters do, hes inhuman. Fedor keeps that same pace round after round.
    Crocop's 2nd problem was his lack of follow-up or combination punches. Fedor was rocked, hard, and Crocop couldn't close the deal becasue of his lack of boxing skill. Instead he chose to try a stupid , retarded, Hail Mary kick to the head that he took forever to execute, I yelled out a few choice words at my TV at that ridiculous move.
    Its the "what if" game but if Crocop can stay consistent and attain some good combos, Fedor's trademark over extended swings could be capitalized on and made to help introduce Fed's face to the canvas.

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    As for the original question...nobody under MMA rules can beat FEDOR (unless there is a lucky punch, i.e. cro cop v randleman).
    thats so true and a great example! Fujita rocked Fedor good but could not finish. But I think Antonio Rogerio Nogueira could beat him only if he was much stronger, he has the skill

Quote Originally Posted by Kraye
    Crocop has the best chance at beating Fedor. Crocop's biggest problem in that fight was consistentcy. Crocop came out and basically beat the s**t out of Fedor for a while but Crocop just couldn't keep up the pace while Fedor kept "bringin' it". Fedor doesn't seem to tire like other fighters do, hes inhuman. Fedor keeps that same pace round after round.
    Crocop's 2nd problem was his lack of follow-up or combination punches. Fedor was rocked, hard, and Crocop couldn't close the deal becasue of his lack of boxing skill. Instead he chose to try a stupid , retarded, Hail Mary kick to the head that he took forever to execute, I yelled out a few choice words at my TV at that ridiculous move.
    Its the "what if" game but if Crocop can stay consistent and attain some good combos, Fedor's trademark over extended swings could be capitalized on and made to help introduce Fed's face to the canvas.
    yeah i know what you're saying but i really don;t think t ever got more than a quick advantage for crocop on that kick. fedor draws so much damn respect for his skills i mean that guy is throwing big hard haymakers when he punches but try to bos with him and he can take you down and submit you in like 5 seconds too.

def. hear you on inhuman. damn dude is fat-looking and pasty and shit yet he never tires, i've seen him rocked but he recovers like 20 seconds later it's insane. seems like a really cool guy too, and he's shown his class a million times over, like when he had that fight won and he didn't punsih crocop any more than he had too, and the lack of a staredown- it was like, "we respect each other completely, so all our shit's gonna come out when we're fighting."

Hunter is offline Grateful
    cro cop did some real damage to fedor that fight. fedor's face looked like mash and crocop really hung with him for 2 rounds.
    Its true that he really messed up Fedors face and broke his nose but mostly its cosmetic for a better lack of words well those body shots took the wind out from crocop. He was limping out of the ring. I saw a different view of it on sherdog and he was limping bad. Fedor hurt him much worse then Crocop hurt him

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    if you take away fedors nasty black eye the damage to his face would be almost identical to cro-cops

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Anyone got that fight??

skinnyhb is offline Member
    probably get it on subfighter.com

yeah i know what you're saying but i really don;t think t ever got more than a quick advantage for crocop on that kick. fedor draws so much damn respect for his skills i mean that guy is throwing big hard haymakers when he punches but try to bos with him and he can take you down and submit you in like 5 seconds too.

def. hear you on inhuman. damn dude is fat-looking and pasty and shit yet he never tires, i've seen him rocked but he recovers like 20 seconds later it's insane. seems like a really cool guy too, and he's shown his class a million times over, like when he had that fight won and he didn't punsih crocop any more than he had too, and the lack of a staredown- it was like, "we respect each other completely, so all our shit's gonna come out when we're fighting."
    A great example of Fedor's class is the Ogawa fight. Ogawa did the hard staredown and didnt shake hands while soon after getting armbared. Fedor had no emotion and no celebration. Just a real class act

There are only 1 fight in which I THINK he shows clear emotion....it would be his first fight with nogueira when he gets the decision. He keeps his head down until his name is said a second time as the victor he raises his head and hand like he is a little shocked he beat him.

realmxofxnoise is offline Junior Member
    At the moment, no one can take him. He beat Cro Cop at his own game by learning Muay Thai from Ernesto Hoost and using it beautifully. The damage Cro Cop did to him was nothing. Those damn Russians are bleeders, bruise and cut really easy as well.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by realmxofxnoise
    Those damn Russians are bleeders, bruise and cut really easy as well.
    This is true...we do bleed and bruise easily. But we're also very stubborn and don't like to lose. who does though?

Personally, I think there's one man who has a chance against Fedor in Pride. That person is Wanderlei Silva. The reason is that Fedor has never been pushed or pressured in a fight. His style changes from fight to fight, but at the same time, other than the CroCop, Goodridge and Ogawa fight, Fedor doesn't really push the pace. He waits to see what the other fighter does and than reacts. Silva on the other hand is very aggressive (except both Arona fights where for one reason or another Silva did not show his true aggressive nature) with decent enough ground skills to avoid and dish out punishment. Even Randleman was doing better than most against Fedor because of his aggressive style. Counter argument of course would be that such style is best suited for the streets where fights don't usually last more than 30 sec. and when you're in the ring with the best of the best, it's a different story. With that said, I think that the person who will beat Fedor is one who presses him the same way he pressed CroCop in their fight. I know that some are going to present the argument in the case of Heath Herring and his fight against Fedor, but then again Heath Herrings' strategy has been the same in every fight and against the top competition and the likes of CroCop, Nogueira and Fedor, it did not work.

Only thing with that it seems whenever Fedor is in trouble he pushes the fight extremely hard. When he was hurt against Fujita, the fight was over 30 seconds later when he choked him out. When he was in trouble with Randleman, the fight was over 30 seconds later. I think if you press the fight to Fedor he pushes back twice as hard.

i agree, but so is the case with silva. the 2 fights against quinton jackson are a good example, the fight against henderson as well as many others. i think their styles are similar, but it's unlikely that silva will be able to handle fedor on the ground...i think he has a better chance standing up.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Mark Hunt would be interesting too see against Fedor.

I know that he got beat by Yoshida but Hunt is on a great roll has of now.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Mark Hunt would be interesting too see against Fedor.

I know that he got beat by Yoshida but Hunt is on a great roll has of now.

I can see this fight in my head. Fedor will go for a clinch, take down Hunt with ease and submit him. AS much as I love Mark hunt, Fedor is leagues ahead of him on the ground.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    yea fedor would spank hunt..would be worse than what he did to coleman on the ground!

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Fedor fights for his family he was qouted saying "Years ago we hardly had anything to eat. Now I earn more money and see every opponent as a man that tries to put me back to that poorer period. This man has to be eliminated." Fedor with this attitude is no wonder where he gets his drive and work ethic from.

Thread Information