thore is offline Junior Member

military training

anybody, have any idea what fighting system the military uses, and how effective it is.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Military use guns )

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    military training emphasizes on firearms,

all militaries however, do have a "fighting without weapons" course, but it is very basic and relatively, in my opinion, ineffective.

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    I was USMC, you do a little strikeing with some live boxing, pugil sticks, but mainly it's "put your thumbs into their eyes and grab for balls". They do have more advanced training that involves fighting in the "trapping range" to deliver headbutts, knees, and elbows. If your in a war and you are in fist fight something went very wrong!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    all militaries however, do have a "fighting without weapons" course, but it is very basic and relatively, in my opinion, ineffective.
    Very true. We're in the process of introducing Krav Maga into the Irish army. Its hoped that Krav Maga will be the standard accross Europe. But without contined 'live' training its probably 100% ineffective.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    we have a system called CQC, Its preatty basic for the most part, not much of it could be used civy side effectivly unless your useing it on your friends..lol.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Back in my day, the Marine Corps taught Linear Infighting Neutral-Override Engagement (LINE) training, which stresses on really throwing a guy off guard and killing him as soon as possible. One move envolves grabbing him in his nuts and pulling on them to get him in complete discomfort - followed by a sweep and a quick heel to the face. But that sh!t was based on the kill or be killed moto... today Marines are being taught to become black belts by the time they are Gunnery Sergeants (E7)... though I am unsure exactly what form of martial arts they are taught - but I think it was a combination. They switched to that right after I got out - I saw numerous Marines leave for their first class to get their first belt and come back with damaged ribs and broken arms... kinda funny...

See this for more: ALMAR 042/01

This was a great change for the Marines - they obviously could not use LINE techniques out in town - and you deffinitly don't want Marines getting their asses kicked back on the block...
    Last edited by Warrior; 12-22-2005 at 11:22 PM.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Every military incorperates some kind of martial combat training and it probably gets more detailed and intense if u are with special forces or so on, i feel using such technique in a bar brawl or street fight might make u the winner if u use it right, but in actual competition i beleive UFC and Prides current champions can whoop even the most elite military fighter in a no rules fight.

As for KravMaga Bouncer i sure hope the type they teach in the Irish military is completly different from what KravMaga academies are teaching in the States because its complete BS here. It was hyped greatly a few years ago and mentioned in many tv shows and thats what made it popular and in demand, but 90% at least of the instructors in the States have only done 3-months of seminars and gotten a certification and thats all their qualification!! and they are out there teaching it as the "most effective self defense system" and sadly some practitioners have entered MMA competition with horrible consequences.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    As for KravMaga Bouncer i sure hope the type they teach in the Irish military is completly different from what KravMaga academies are teaching in the States because its complete BS here. It was hyped greatly a few years ago and mentioned in many tv shows and thats what made it popular and in demand, but 90% at least of the instructors in the States have only done 3-months of seminars and gotten a certification and thats all their qualification!! and they are out there teaching it as the "most effective self defense system" and sadly some practitioners have entered MMA competition with horrible consequences.

I have voiced the same concerns here, and it looks like this is the way we're going to go unfortunetly. At the moment we have a Judo club and a boxing club in the army, both of which are well represented in military competitions oversea and at home. Untill I see the whole training sylabus for our course I can't comment further.

Thread Information