sonar1234 is offline Banned

Talking Street fighting gives MMA a bad name

I consider this posting board to be about a sport either it be MMA, Boxing or wrestling.

Its pertty cool to see guys give out advise about training and how to get fit and everything but i think its pertty sad to see people asking for advise about street fighting.

I have been in Martial arts for 15 years, started with Shotokan karate i know i lack respect for this art, i guess that i like a bit of contact when i am sparring and i think that katas are out dated, i moved on to kuy kushin that gave me a taste of real knockdown fighting, and then tae kwon do.

I have always avoided street fights, and i did my fair share of clubing, and got into some scuffle.

The thruth is that you can never expect a street fight to happen, if its in a club there is always a tone of people around you, and you get the doorman on your ass real quick.

I used to hang out with guy i practiced tkd with that where always looking for a fight, and i tought it was just plain stupide.

Sitting at a Mcdonalds one night when i was 19, with theses guys, they where starting something with another table there where around 5 guys there that where just joking around and having fun. I got up told the people i was with that they add no life and just walked away.

I loved to compete and practice my art but never would i go up to someone and kick them in the face.

My personal toughts is that there is no art better then another one and has long has someone love to practive is art either it be MMA, Judo or karate, is alright.

Real street fighters are no life and in need of attention, they do not know how to speak there mind so they use there first to talk, and i have seen a lot of street fights, and most of the time i ended up scratching my head and asking myself what the point of all this.........

I still want to get back in martial arts, my back is getting better, but be sure that whatever art i choose to practice i will not bring it to the streets.

Merry X mas to everyone that has been posting on the board you guys are amazing.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Great post.....the arts is about discipline and being PREPARED for a fight, not to go looking for one. It's good that you walked away like that. Merry X-mas to you too.

USfighterFC has i can see you train real hard has well, hitting the bags, target mits and sparring.

At some point you start to get the techic right and when sparring usually we wear protective equipement even Kyokushin karate are starting to where some type of protection.

In the streets you where nothing and someone that is really trained can cause real damage.

In tae kwon do class there was this cop training with us, he was older being at that time 40 years old but he was a tought mother and he did knock me out couple of times cause i was afraid of him.

At some point i got more confident in TKD and decided that i would face my fear and this guy would stop bragging that he puts fear in everyone.

One Saturday morning i sparred with him and gave him a jumping back kick well timed when he was coming in, i found out later on that i add broken 2 of is ribs, and that he would be out for a while????????

I should have been pround but i was just shocked at the whole thing, and when i walked out of theses fights that tought ran into my mind, if i hit someone on the street just for the fun of it and put this person in the hospital..... that would be damn stupid of myself.

I do wanna get back into martial arts, at 33 years old now i wanna lose weight of course, lose the back pain that i have been dragging for 4 years and feel good about myself, leaving the competition to the younger guys LOL.

I still want to spar cause i love it, and want to hit the pads and mits and of course i dont wanna do katas, i just hate them LOL.

Slow~Mo is offline Banned
    I still loved watching David "Tank" Abbott that guy was the definition of a streetfighter always entertaining to watch him fight. I remember him saying in an interview if it wasn't for the UFC he'd probably be in jail. hehe...

Sure thing Tank is pure entertainement, he made a come back last Pride but lost against Yoshida, Tank looks to be taking things a bit more seriously now, he actually trains, lifts weights and does some cardio.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Sure thing Tank is pure entertainement, he made a come back last Pride but lost against Yoshida, Tank looks to be taking things a bit more seriously now, he actually trains, lifts weights and does some cardio.

Before he fought Yoshida he said he only trains on weekends...LOL....it was fun to watch him tho I'll adit if he fights i'm always watching. He has put up some pretty good fights in the past and had some of the most spectacular knockouts ever

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    if someone cant fight they cant fight and no amount of any kind of MA or MMA will change that. its the amount of heart you have that helps but that doesn't always prevail. your either born a fighter or your not. and the only thing that can help you become a better street fighter is street fighting, but be careful because the guy who cant fight or the coward carries a gun now

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I am not old by any means a 19 to be exact. Even I hate it when people ask for advice on street fighting. I train MMA becouse I love competition. I never started training so I could go beat on a drunk frat boy. I believe MMA fighters, martial artitists,wrestlers whatever it be are true warriors. As warriors we should live up to a higher standard then that of a street fighter. If you do happen to get into a street fight then defend yourself. If your asking for advice you are much to willing to engage in one then just walk away from it. If your that worried about getting in a street fight carry pepper spray. Becouse you are far more likely if your cool about it to walk away and never end up in a street fight there for never having to train and waste your time preparring for a street fight that probably will never happen, so just carry pepper spray. Now if your training for self defense,exercise, to be the next fedor or a combination thats great. If your just thinking you might get jumped carry pepper spray. Also for all you streetfighters out their look at Lee Murray very few people are as good of a "street fighter" as him and he almost died. Walk away and let the other person go to jail.

Thread Information