BullDogg20 is offline Member

Roy Jones VS Bernard Hopkins part 2

Looks like these two legends will be facing each other for the long awaited rematch, ITs goona be one hell of a fight to finish off either ones career.

http://tsn.ca/boxing/news_story.asp?...hubName=boxing

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Yes,..I will definately be ordering it via Pay Per View...I love both guys,..this will be tuff..I may be rootiing for Roy,..meanwhile..pulling for Bernard!!!....

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    how the hell is this even gonna go down....is roy coming down in weight or is bernard going up or are they meeting in between? I think Roy isnt gonna win if he drops the weight. I think its gonna be to hard for him to fight.

bernard is going up to LH

not a good move.....i have no desire to see this fight. I heard Jones Tarver 4 was coming later in the year, I have even less than none desire to see that fight.

Light Heavy Weight!

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    not a good move.....i have no desire to see this fight. I heard Jones Tarver 4 was coming later in the year, I have even less than none desire to see that fight.
    Jones can kill Tarver if he gets over those demons..

jones is done...he has no demons he's just done....people forget glenn johnson was beating him bad in their fight before he got savagely knocked out.

jones is done...he has no demons he's just done....people forget glenn johnson was beating him bad in their fight before he got savagely knocked out.
    AS I SAID...he is still on point with his game..hes not at war with those guys,..Glen Johnson...and Tarver,..hes at war with himself....and you cant win against a determined fighter when your mind is on you and not on him..

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup
    AS I SAID...he is still on point with his game..hes not at war with those guys,..Glen Johnson...and Tarver,..hes at war with himself....and you cant win against a determined fighter when your mind is on you and not on him..
    still on point? He looked pretty lethargic to me in the johnson fight. He showed some shades of his former self in the last tarver fight, but it doesnt help to showboat when you're losing. He put up a sub-par offense for his style and his defense lacked badly. What kind of demons do you think a person would have when he was 49-1 and won the championship in 4 or 5 weight divisions? Why would he have a sudden war with himself at the age of 37. Although I do remember I saw shades of Mohammed Ali's old style taunting as Larry Holmes beat the shit out of him.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think hopkins will take this fight .... roy jones isnt what he used to be

still on point? He looked pretty lethargic to me in the johnson fight. He showed some shades of his former self in the last tarver fight, but it doesnt help to showboat when you're losing. He put up a sub-par offense for his style and his defense lacked badly. What kind of demons do you think a person would have when he was 49-1 and won the championship in 4 or 5 weight divisions? Why would he have a sudden war with himself at the age of 37. Although I do remember I saw shades of Mohammed Ali's old style taunting as Larry Holmes beat the shit out of him.
    the key thing you said was " at 37 "...in his 37 years he has never learned how to deal with a lost..he was 49-1,..the 1 came from a disqualification of hitting his opponet while on one knee. He may aswell be 18 years old and loosing for the first time,..needing advice on how to handle a loss. The demons started after Clen Johnson,..I think he excepted the lucky/bizzarre shot by Tarver..and then really started questing his career, age and abilities after facinga back to back knock out. Instead of just realizing shyt like this happens but that doesnt mean you arent the best anymore...he is at war with himself ask"why" and "what if"...its very simple bro.

the key thing you said was " at 37 "...in his 37 years he has never learned how to deal with a lost..he was 49-1,..the 1 came from a disqualification of hitting his opponet while on one knee. He may aswell be 18 years old and loosing for the first time,..needing advice on how to handle a loss. The demons started after Clen Johnson,..I think he excepted the lucky/bizzarre shot by Tarver..and then really started questing his career, age and abilities after facinga back to back knock out. Instead of just realizing shyt like this happens but that doesnt mean you arent the best anymore...he is at war with himself ask"why" and "what if"...its very simple bro.

Could be.....you have some very good points in there....its just why in the very first tarver-Johnson fight did he look terrible...everyone was baffled...everyone including myself attributed it to the weight loss he had to endure after becoming a heavyweight. Then the next fight he got knocked out against tarver. Then the next fight against johnson he looked even worse than his first fight against tarver. I gave it to Jones when he looked bad against tarver figuring it was the weight loss but that disappeared when he repeated the same thing against johnson. But not only that i think he tried so hard against tarver the third fight but he just didnt have it. Honestly I just think his skills declined rather quickly....it happens all the time to boxers. In my opinion it happened to Lennox Lewis. He didnt fight for a full year before he fought Klitschko, and Vitali took the fight on 2 weeks notice and put Lewis through one of the hardest fought quickest pace matches he ever fought. Lewis claimed over and over and over that he wasnt in shape for the fight making excuses etc, but then promptly retires when Klitschko is pushing very hard for a rematch he was going to recieve. Lewis himself realized that even if he was out of shape like he claims his skills fell so far compared to how they were just one year ago. Why would Jones have demons when he became the heavyweight champion only a few months prior? Why did he put up such a garbage fight against tarver the first time, why did he get his clock cleaned the second fight, why did Johnson simply destroy him in their fight and why did Jones get beaten decisively again in another fight with Tarver. It's the age thats doing it. He's got well over 50 fights under his belt and he's been boxing since he was a kid. In MMA Igor Vovchanchyn was one of the fiercest competitors of his day knocking people out left and right going 27-1 at one point, but the guy has been getting his ass handed to him repeatedly by people in weight classes lower than he fights, and he is only 33! It;s cuz he's been in the game too long and the skills wore away and the game left him behind, which is what I think happened to jones.

Whew i'm done. You make some great points tho bro I wont deny that. It makes for a good discussion.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    If this fight goes ahead its because both fighters have no where to go they have both been beeten in there last few fights....but both have very good reputation in there previous years of boxing...i wouldnt mind betting these 2 boxers have got together and said WE CAN DO THIS WE CAN SET UP A FIGHT AND WE KNOW WE CAN SELL ******TICKETS****** ...and what do tickets make *****MONEY***** that is all this fight is about making a couple of xtra bucks before they retire.

Lets be honest Who realy thinks hopkins is gonna jump up 2 wieghts and it to be his advantage....its a complete joke.

The boxing boards should get together and say this is a ****ing joke THIS IS BOXING NOT A ****ING CIRCUS FOR OVER THE HILL CHAMPIONS.

There are boxers out there who want to fight the best but cant because of shit like this REMATCH AFTER REMATCH iether that or to amazingly past boxers fighting eachother.

Theres no way in a million years i will pay to view to fill there pockets when theres boxers out there still waiting for that one big fight.

jessetolley is offline New Member
    Jones was toying with tarver in part 3. it was so clear. jones will beat b-hop and tarver.

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    When Jones faught glen he was way out of shape and flabby as hell. I had never seen his back look that terrible before. I dont know what he was doing that fight. I watched the knock downa million times johnson never hit him roy just fell (look at the fight if you can find it). Something is wrong with roy, I have heard about him having ties to the mafia and all types of shit, but his last fight was very wierd. Rounds 1-3 he just stood there and did nothing then in 4-5 he beat the shit out of tarver, 6-12 he just stopped punching, why? Can somebody explain that. As for bernard he is taking a chance by jumping up in weight. He atleast still has a fighters spirit unlike jones with his lame grin. if jones fights he will take hop out just like he could do anyone, but if he does that bullshit like his last few fights. ohwell.

Its goona be one hell of a fight either way

Quote Originally Posted by Cdub
    When Jones faught glen he was way out of shape and flabby as hell. I had never seen his back look that terrible before. I dont know what he was doing that fight. I watched the knock downa million times johnson never hit him roy just fell (look at the fight if you can find it). Something is wrong with roy, I have heard about him having ties to the mafia and all types of shit, but his last fight was very wierd. Rounds 1-3 he just stood there and did nothing then in 4-5 he beat the shit out of tarver, 6-12 he just stopped punching, why? Can somebody explain that. As for bernard he is taking a chance by jumping up in weight. He atleast still has a fighters spirit unlike jones with his lame grin. if jones fights he will take hop out just like he could do anyone, but if he does that bullshit like his last few fights. ohwell.

Why would jones come into a fight out of shape if a fight like that was extremely important. That was to be his bounce back fight to show he still got it but he failed miserably in every aspect. The second fight with tarver was no straight punch either. It caught him on the chin some what but we've seen many many many many many boxers get caught a lot worse than that and shake it off right away. But it was lights out with Roy. Just like with Johnson.....it didnt look like a huge punch but it caught him right on the temple and it was lights out again. Some punches are right on the button. The saying "button" is exactly what it simulates. When someone gets hit right on the "button" its like someone hit a button to turn them off like a light switch.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    when is the rematch?

Not to say bernard is def gonna win. I think I'd favor jones in this fight to be honest, the weight on hopkins isnt gonna help and jones has fought at this weight for a while now.

Could be.....you have some very good points in there....its just why in the very first tarver-Johnson fight did he look terrible...everyone was baffled...everyone including myself attributed it to the weight loss he had to endure after becoming a heavyweight. Then the next fight he got knocked out against tarver. Then the next fight against johnson he looked even worse than his first fight against tarver. I gave it to Jones when he looked bad against tarver figuring it was the weight loss but that disappeared when he repeated the same thing against johnson. But not only that i think he tried so hard against tarver the third fight but he just didnt have it. Honestly I just think his skills declined rather quickly....it happens all the time to boxers. In my opinion it happened to Lennox Lewis. He didnt fight for a full year before he fought Klitschko, and Vitali took the fight on 2 weeks notice and put Lewis through one of the hardest fought quickest pace matches he ever fought. Lewis claimed over and over and over that he wasnt in shape for the fight making excuses etc, but then promptly retires when Klitschko is pushing very hard for a rematch he was going to recieve. Lewis himself realized that even if he was out of shape like he claims his skills fell so far compared to how they were just one year ago. Why would Jones have demons when he became the heavyweight champion only a few months prior? Why did he put up such a garbage fight against tarver the first time, why did he get his clock cleaned the second fight, why did Johnson simply destroy him in their fight and why did Jones get beaten decisively again in another fight with Tarver. It's the age thats doing it. He's got well over 50 fights under his belt and he's been boxing since he was a kid. In MMA Igor Vovchanchyn was one of the fiercest competitors of his day knocking people out left and right going 27-1 at one point, but the guy has been getting his ass handed to him repeatedly by people in weight classes lower than he fights, and he is only 33! It;s cuz he's been in the game too long and the skills wore away and the game left him behind, which is what I think happened to jones.

Whew i'm done. You make some great points tho bro I wont deny that. It makes for a good discussion.
    I feel you bro.. You make great points aswell. I wont say his skills havent declined! Of course hes gotten older,..but in my opnion,..he is still of the top 1 or 2 in his wt class. I personally have watched the Jones Tarver 1 fight over a dozen times..I think Jones clearly won,....he then clearly lost the 2nd ( lucky punch by Tarver ) and certainly lost the third which obviouslky was out of too much respect for tarver, no self confidence,..fear..the whole nine!...He certainly lost the majority against Johnson aswee,..underestimating him,..and thinking he would walk in,.get the belt,..rematch Tarver and win. I think Jones still had his confidence before fight Johnson and still at this point had no fear of Tarver nor respect...and was still in belief of himself,..it wasnt until after suffering a 2nd knockout to Johnson ( at the time a no one who showed the world he no push over )..did Jones then begin to decline simply from no confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    If this fight goes ahead its because both fighters have no where to go they have both been beeten in there last few fights....but both have very good reputation in there previous years of boxing...i wouldnt mind betting these 2 boxers have got together and said WE CAN DO THIS WE CAN SET UP A FIGHT AND WE KNOW WE CAN SELL ******TICKETS****** ...and what do tickets make *****MONEY***** that is all this fight is about making a couple of xtra bucks before they retire.

Lets be honest Who realy thinks hopkins is gonna jump up 2 wieghts and it to be his advantage....its a complete joke.

The boxing boards should get together and say this is a ****ing joke THIS IS BOXING NOT A ****ING CIRCUS FOR OVER THE HILL CHAMPIONS.

There are boxers out there who want to fight the best but cant because of shit like this REMATCH AFTER REMATCH iether that or to amazingly past boxers fighting eachother.

Theres no way in a million years i will pay to view to fill there pockets when theres boxers out there still waiting for that one big fight.
    Can you blame them bro..as much as theyve contributed to this sport and for them to know they are heading out....why not cash out and make one more big bang?..

Personally I dont think this is the last big buck for either fighter,.certainly not Roy!

Quote Originally Posted by jessetolley
    Jones was toying with tarver in part 3. it was so clear. jones will beat b-hop and tarver.
    Tellum bro!..

Why would jones come into a fight out of shape if a fight like that was extremely important. That was to be his bounce back fight to show he still got it but he failed miserably in every aspect. The second fight with tarver was no straight punch either. It caught him on the chin some what but we've seen many many many many many boxers get caught a lot worse than that and shake it off right away. But it was lights out with Roy. Just like with Johnson.....it didnt look like a huge punch but it caught him right on the temple and it was lights out again. Some punches are right on the button. The saying "button" is exactly what it simulates. When someone gets hit right on the "button" its like someone hit a button to turn them off like a light switch.
    The real hit that knocked Roy out in the Johnson fight was his head hitting the Canvas!...look at the fight,..it is what did the damage!

Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    when is the rematch?
    March 11 2006

I feel you bro.. You make great points aswell. I wont say his skills havent declined! Of course hes gotten older,..but in my opnion,..he is still of the top 1 or 2 in his wt class. I personally have watched the Jones Tarver 1 fight over a dozen times..I think Jones clearly won,....he then clearly lost the 2nd ( lucky punch by Tarver ) and certainly lost the third which obviouslky was out of too much respect for tarver, no self confidence,..fear..the whole nine!...He certainly lost the majority against Johnson aswee,..underestimating him,..and thinking he would walk in,.get the belt,..rematch Tarver and win. I think Jones still had his confidence before fight Johnson and still at this point had no fear of Tarver nor respect...and was still in belief of himself,..it wasnt until after suffering a 2nd knockout to Johnson ( at the time a no one who showed the world he no push over )..did Jones then begin to decline simply from no confidence!

I agree with almost everything you said there, you're certqainly no blind fan which was what I was afraid of at first. Only argument here is I def agree Jones won the first fight by a close enough margin that there was def a thought in peoples minds after the fight that they havent seen roy jones challenged like that in years IF EVER. His showing wasn't that good by his own admission. This first fight is the key to why I think Jones skills declined rather than a confidence problem. Not to say any of us are right are wrong, we both possess great points on this. In the 3rd fight with Tarver, yes he did some showboating but I just think it was a ploy by Jones to make people think he's still got it when in his own mind he doesnt think so. He did give Tarver a great amount of respect like you said, maybe to much, but then Tarver caught him again and Jones was almost knocked out for a 3rd time in 3 fights. Who the hell knows, I do think he'll take a decision with Hopkins tho. Could be we're both right and his skills are declining because of a confidence problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jessetolley

Doesnt help to toy when losing the fight

Can you blame them bro..as much as theyve contributed to this sport and for them to know they are heading out....why not cash out and make one more big bang?..

Personally I dont think this is the last big buck for either fighter,.certainly not Roy!
    Yeah i know where your coming from and its good to go out with a big fight...but is it a big fight for 2 different wieght boxers when theres real contenders out there who actualy want to be champions. come to think of it...what are they both going to be fighting for lol both of them are beltless and dont have nothing to fight for...so lets say they fight at light heavey wieght who are they going to fight for a belt ?

The whole thing about this fight stinks...thats if it actualy takes place.

Im just counting the days for muhammed ali to come back and fight george forman.

I just read the fight will be a farewell fight in march and somthnig for both fans to watch.

lol

Def not interested with it

Def not interested with it
    Ditto

Just a money making scheme.

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    why would he come in out of shape i dont know, but take a look at the fight and look at his body, he looked bad

I'll have to check it out again.

Seems like this bullshit talk of a fight will be postponed or even scrapped as there is not enough money in the fight.

Awww dont you just feel sorry for them lol

Thread Information