Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

New Wanderlei Interview

credit: adcombat.com

DENIS MARTINS: Your belt is on the line this time. What is your preparation like for this upcoming re-match against Ricardo Arona?

WANDERLEI SILVA: I am very-well prepared and too motivated. I'm feeling like myself and I haven't felt this way in a long time. I'm training and preparing more, and I hope to provide a good show for the fans.

DENIS MARTINS: What do you intend on doing different this time around?

WS: Everything. Ricardo Arona versus Wanderley Silva first fight didn't please me nor the fans, so I hope to fight with my well-known style and go further. I'll show the real Wanderlei Silva, which was forgotten in the last fight. That night, in that fight, that fight wasn't me.

DENIS MARTINS: What did you think went wrong in that fight?

WS: I think I wanted to avoid a determined game and I was worried. I respected him too much and this is a situation that will not occur again on December 31st. This time I will go ahead and knock him out.

DENIS MARTINS: There are fans and reporters who talk about the difference between your game and Arona's game. They say that his style isn't a good match-up for you. What can you tell us about this?

WS: It can be tough, but at fight-time things will connect perfectly. I thought about it last night and I realized, if Arona has good takedowns, I have the heavy hands to KO him. So I should have thought about that in our first fight, and I would knock him out with the fight was standing. I'd put him on the canvas in an unconscious state. This is what I will do now! I will not let this opportunity escape. If he takes me down, it's okay. I'm good with Jiu-Jitsu and I've been training a lot. If the fight stays standing, I'll land my bombs to knock him out. This time, he'll sway.

DENIS MARTINS: This time, the fight will feature one 10-minute round and two 5-minute rounds. Your opinion?

WS: I have more of a chance to knock Arona down. My chances are better than the last time we battled each other.

DENIS MARTINS: How is your training routine for this title fight?

WS: They are very good. Master Rudimar Fedrigo, along with Rafael Cordeiro, Cristiano Marcelo, and Nino 'Elvis' Schembri are preparing me for all situations in this title fight. This time, I will do things that I didn't do yet, including cardio conditioning. My stamina is better and improving with each training session. Rafael Alejara is my new physical conditioning coach and he's a very good professional. He understands a lot of this stuff and his methods are making me better leading up to this fight. I'm in a good phase of my career and I hope to start this new phase off with a victory.

DENIS MARTINS: You told us about your physical training, but what else are you sharpening up on in training?

WS: My punches. Fans and insiders thought this was already impossible to do, but I'm sharpening them up. I'm going for more accurate and heavy punching than my previous fights. My Jiu-Jitsu game is also improved.

DENIS MARTINS: We are speaking about this title fight now... Is this much more responsibility this time with Arona than the previous encounter?

WS: Sure, the responsibility is huge. I'm facing this fight as one of the more important fights in my life because I lost the first one to Arona and this time there is only one result which interests me - a victory!

DENIS MARTINS: PRIDE & K-1 are battling for TV ratings on December 31st. Do you hope to support PRIDE in beating K-1 in the ratings war with your performance?

WS: I hope that during my fight, the ratings win goes to PRIDE. I'm really expecting good support from my Brazilian fans that live in Japan. They support me a lot and root loudly for me. I expect the same from the Japanese fans. I know they like my style and their props are important for one more victory for me. This is an honor for me to fight in Japan. I feel like I am home when I am fighting there. The fans from Brazil will have positive thoughts in their minds. I have several fans here and I know they are on my side for this fight. Their sympathy gives me strength.

DENIS MARTINS: Do you have any plans set for 2006?

WS: My contract with DSE will be finished after this fight against Arona. I do not know what DSE will propose for me afterwards. I need to wait for DSE's plans to determine my career in 2006. I hope for good things.

DENIS MARTINS: How was Kazushi Sakuraba's last trip to the Chute Boxe Academy?

WS: It was good. Sakuraba is a tough and disciplined person. He's really intelligent and skilled. He learned what the training means quickly. It was a big pleasure to have him come here to our gym. I hope he gets several victories and that he improves with our training here, too. Cordeiro guided him a lot in the training. Rafael is without any doubt one of the best MMA coaches in the world. I trained with Cordeiro recently and he is very good. We can see examples of fighters like Mauricio Shogun' Rua, who is a creation of Cordeiro. Shogun trains with him since being a white belt and we saw what Shogun has become. Cordeiro can train anyone to become a tough MMA fighter.

DENIS MARTINS: Cordeiro does a good job, right?

WS: Without any doubts. I trained with him since my beginning. I always took part in his training sessions and my abilities improve -- all aspects for fights are at 100%. He knows everything!

DENIS MARTINS: Do you have any final message for ADCC News and its
    readers?

WS: I want to thank all fans around the World. The Japanese fans are special for me, but I have fans spread around the World. So, I want to give a message for all of them. I hope everybody has a nice Christmas and that on December 31st, I can unite with my Japanese fans and give them a gift. I expect the support of the fans, because they know when I'm in Japan I feel at home. I'm motivated for this fight against Arona and I'll give my best to provide a superb performance for the fans. I'm 100% sure that the show will be unforgettable for the fans!

WAR WAND!

Wand by KO in 2nd!

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    good interview...very respectful outside the ring......inside he's an animal.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I just cant wait for this fight, Wandy is so damn quick but Arona is hungry and he already beat wandy once.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    You gotta love all the chute box guys. All are very respectful outside the ring. Something that can not be said for All the BTT guys although both Nogs are great ambessedors for our sports.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Big Nog just always has some excuse just like arona. This is the only thing I dont like about him.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Yeah I heard him say something but I didn't catch it thanks for informing. You lose you lose.

Thread Information