Hunter is offline Grateful

DSE and Dana coming together

lets just say dana and DSE(prides president) met and decided to join companys. Here is how I would want the rules to play out if they could get the atheletic commision to sanction it.
    1)adopt prides ring-makes the sport seem more legit without favoring wrestlers with the cage.
    2)take out stomps-I love them but it would help the sport seem more legit and would never get sancitioned here.
    3)only allow standing elbows to be thrown. Seems most cuts that stop fights from elbows happen on the ground
    4)adopt the 4 point attack rule.
    5)knees only to the body on the ground-wouldn't get sanctioned here
    6)yellow cards for inactivity
    7)gi they would have to allow them get royce back plus Prides Judoka's would want it
    8) bring in a 145 and under class fit guys like kidd and pulver sudo
    9)keeps prides lightweight 160
    10)keep ufc at 185
    11) keep the ufc 170 be interesting to see lighweights like gomi and if pudgy penn(not dissing him) move between the two or hold belts at both
    12)lightheavy weight not a problem
    13) keep a weigh limit on heavyweight stops freakshows aka zulu

I know its a dream and with Kilo and us using the pound weightclass's could get confusing. I think this is the best of both worlds and could help MMA go mainstream will it happen no but I just though how great it would be.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    I love the stomps and the knees to the head on the ground....they would never be allowed like you said but it'd be sad to see them go.

It would be I just thought of the best way to incorperate both rule sets and the most reasonable way for it to get allowed. I think they would have a problem with wrestling shoes stupid yes but I think they could get them to allow gi's

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    I hate almost all those changes

some changes would have to be made to allow it to get sanctioned in the states. Pride is its own sanctioning body

I believe global MMA standards will be achieved soon...

but personally I like rules that allow more striking rather than restrict it.

Yellow cards and any fight stoppages period really mess up the fights.

I prefer the cage because there are less reasons to stop a fight and you dont have all those weenies reaching in touching the fighters when they're at the edges of the ring.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    UFC has sent some fighters to Pride but Pride never sent any to UFC, i usually side with Pride cause i do think they are the best but this time Pride was wrong.

They should have sent some good fighters to UFC, after UFC sent Liddell.

they've been around.

Hughes knocked out Sakurai and Carlos Newton

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok pride offered a few times to send sergei kharitonov, cro-cop, and ninja to the UFC but dana white refused everytime. Sakakibara even called him out saying "I'm waiting for a response why you wont except these fighters" Plain and simple Cro-cop would've taken the heavyweight belt and Kharitonov would've probably mopped the floor with every other heavyweight. And ninja would've been a serious contender to Lidell. Imagine that, pride sends three fighters over and two become champions in another organization. Not to mention yellow cards are the best thing that happened in MMA. It makes a fighters press a fight or lose 10% of their pay. If your making 250,000 a fight and your gonna lose 25,000 for not moving thats some good motivation. I hate the cage because it favors some fighters more than others and gives wrestlers a direct advantage right away.
    Last edited by USfighterFC; 12-29-2005 at 10:57 PM.

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Ok pride offered a few times to send sergeri kharitonov, cro-cop, and ninja to the UFC but dana white refused everytime. Sakakibara even called him out saying "I'm waiting for a response why you wont except these fighters" Plain and simple Cro-cop would've taken the heavyweight belt and Kharitonov would've probably mopped the floor with every other heavyweight. And ninja would've been a serious contender to Lidell. Imagine that, pride sends three fighters over and two become champions in another organization. Not to mention yellow cards are the best thing that happened in MMA. It makes a fighters press a fight or lose 10% of their pay. If your making 250,000 a fight and your gonna lose 25,000 for not moving thats some good motivation. I hate the cage because it favors some fighters more than others and gives wrestlers a direct advantage right away.
    Great post. I agree %100!!!!!

Thread Information