starkeX is offline Junior Member

KO striking points?

For those with the knowledge, I'm curious as to which striking points on the face/head are effective for knock outs (if hit hard enough)? Appreciate it

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    the chin is the best of course but if you hit someone on or right behing the ear it is just as effective, rabbit punches are a great tool also..

simm is offline Senior Member
    Aim 4 the chin...I once punched a guy behind his right ear and he literally shit himself due to that punch..lol

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    If I had more time I could scan in some diagrams. But here's a little exercise for you to try on yourself!. It won't hurt!!!.

Very gently simulate a punch on the point of your chin and notice where you'll feel the pain/impact. Its should be more on less on that spot, right?.

Now I want you to do the same to the side of your chin (gently does it!) and you should feel the pain more in your temples, right?.

Its because a punch to the side puts the brain sideways, causing concusion!. A punch to the temple is another big knockout. But what I'm trying to show you with that little exercise is how a punch to the side effects the brains movement in your head.

Now learning to pick and accurately hit those spots is awhole new lession, lol.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Doing that to the chin you can really feel it in your head. I've never been knocked out or stunned but i dont think i've ever been caught on the button before.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I was knocked out plenty of times in Kyo Kushin karate, the sparring in the class was pertty hard and since i was 14, 5 feet 9 and 145 pounds of pure muscle mass and the other students where older around 25 and 200 pounds you can imagine the carnage. Many of them did not hold back.

You start to ear some weard noise, seeing blue and getting dizzy, then you hit the floor.

I got knocked out on the chin, temple even a freaking side kick to the face on the nose.

Lets just say that today at around 190 pounds i would love to see theses fukers again.

In Tkd it was a bit harder to knock someone cause of all the protective gear we add.

Bouncer test is great LOL but dont hit yourself to hard.

starkeX is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    If I had more time I could scan in some diagrams. But here's a little exercise for you to try on yourself!. It won't hurt!!!.

Very gently simulate a punch on the point of your chin and notice where you'll feel the pain/impact. Its should be more on less on that spot, right?.

Now I want you to do the same to the side of your chin (gently does it!) and you should feel the pain more in your temples, right?.

Its because a punch to the side puts the brain sideways, causing concusion!. A punch to the temple is another big knockout. But what I'm trying to show you with that little exercise is how a punch to the side effects the brains movement in your head.

Now learning to pick and accurately hit those spots is awhole new lession, lol.
    Yeah I just tried it, def. felt it in the temples

Thanks for the insight fellas, I would toss out some reps but I dont have shit for a reputation score, lol

Tjelle is offline Associate Member
    to the jaw... stright on or from the side... the jaw bone isconnected with the balanse nerve i your ear.. if you hit the jaw stight on or from the side.. clean.. u are gonna knock him out... sorry for the bad english..

Tjelle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    I was knocked out plenty of times in Kyo Kushin karate, the sparring in the class was pertty hard and since i was 14, 5 feet 9 and 145 pounds of pure muscle mass and the other students where older around 25 and 200 pounds you can imagine the carnage. Many of them did not hold back.

You start to ear some weard noise, seeing blue and getting dizzy, then you hit the floor.

I got knocked out on the chin, temple even a freaking side kick to the face on the nose.

Lets just say that today at around 190 pounds i would love to see theses fukers again.

In Tkd it was a bit harder to knock someone cause of all the protective gear we add.

Bouncer test is great LOL but dont hit yourself to hard.
    lets say today you meet good fighters at 190... not just some local thugs.. pleas keep in mind its more skils then stength in fighting.. even tho stenghth means alot..

Thread Information