210-6foot is offline Junior Member

Curious About Street Fighting

I always wondered what made a person a good fighter? I seen mostly big guys win fights, but I have seen in some cases that the big guy didn't always win. So what makes someone a good fighter?

skinnyhb is offline Member
    i think the word "street fighting" should be censored.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 210-6foot
    I always wondered what made a person a good fighter? I seen mostly big guys win fights, but I have seen in some cases that the big guy didn't always win. So what makes someone a good fighter?
    when you say a good fighter...r u asking about a good street fighter or a good overall fighter? cause Kimbo (yes i know, his name should not even be mentioned on the internet anymore), is a good street fighter but he would be raped in an MMA ring.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member
    When you say street fighting, I assume that you mean that someone jumped you and you didn't pick the fight (i.e., you are in danger). What makes a good street fighter is doing what needs to be done. In UFC1-3 there were three rules, no biting, pinching, and eye gouging. These "techniques" are very effective in a street fight. If I get attacked and I didn't pick the fight or egg it on, then I win the fight.....however necessary.

BTW, I've had the sh#t kicked out of me plenty as its pretty hard to fight multiples and sucker punches will rock you even if the guy is wasted. IMO if you are going to take a chunk out of some guy's lat or gouge out his eye, BE CAREFUL, his level of gameness will either whither or increase (then you've really got a fight on your hands.

Best advice, walk away unless you absolutely cannot. Then win.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Aggression win's street fights. Most street fighters have little or no technique but what they do have, and what you cannot replicate in a gym/dojo is violence and aggression. No matter how hard you train for a fight your always going to be bound by rules, either in the cage, in the ring, club/dojo or on the mat. On the street the rule book goes out the window.

I use the saying "leave the fair fights to John Wayne son".

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Aggression win's street fights. Most street fighters have little or no technique but what they do have, and what you cannot replicate in a gym/dojo is violence and aggression. No matter how hard you train for a fight your always going to be bound by rules, either in the cage, in the ring, club/dojo or on the mat. On the street the rule book goes out the window.

I use the saying "leave the fair fights to John Wayne son".
    Like Bouncer says, that's pretty much the difference between a street fight and a controlled fight in the ring.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Totally agree with bouncer and the aggression thing!!!!!

simm is offline Senior Member
    Totally agree with bouncer and the aggression thing!!!!!

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    yeah agression is a dangerous thing it will iether benefit you or it will put you in alot of trouble.

If you want to learn how to hold off street fighters...likes its beeen said many of times get hold of bas ruttens leathal street fighting video...but dont turn yourself into a bully...remember people who look for trouble end up in trouble.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I am not old by any means a 19 to be exact. Even I hate it when people ask for advice on street fighting. I train MMA becouse I love competition. I never started training so I could go beat on a drunk frat boy. I believe MMA fighters, martial artitists,wrestlers whatever it be are true warriors. As warriors we should live up to a higher standard then that of a street fighter. If you do happen to get into a street fight then defend yourself. If your asking for advice you are much to willing to engage in one then just walk away from it. If your that worried about getting in a street fight carry pepper spray. Becouse you are far more likely if your cool about it to walk away and never end up in a street fight there for never having to train and waste your time preparring for a street fight that probably will never happen, so just carry pepper spray. Now if your training for self defense,exercise, to be the next fedor or a combination thats great. If your just thinking you might get jumped carry pepper spray. Also for all you streetfighters out their look at Lee Murray very few people are as good of a "street fighter" as him and he almost died. Walk away and let the other person go to jail.

Hahaha nice replies, there interesting. I thought maybe yous could tell me advantages like being tall or short, long arms etc. But this is usefull for personal knowelge

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    being knowledgable helps also along with experience. I remember I was very cocky when i was a teenager when I competed in sambo tourneys. I got into a street fight and before the first punch was thrown I layed on the ground and invited the guy who was older and bigger than me to do his worst. Me being stupid figured he would go stand in my guard and try to punch me. He pushed my legs aside and stomped on my head. Over-confidence = Ignorance.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Hahaha nice replies, there interesting. I thought maybe yous could tell me advantages like being tall or short, long arms etc. But this is usefull for personal knowelge

Only thing I can say here is that a good big guy will always beat a good smaller guy!.

About walking away from fights.

I do it all the time. The nature of my work as a bouncer mean's I'm in an environment with great potential for violence. I work my door alone btw. In almost every controntation I'm 100% confident I could beat whoever's in front of me. However 100% of the time I'll talk my way out of a fight if I can. And thats the secret to martial arts and street fights, you have the confidence in KNOWING you can walk away and in your own heart your not losing face.

To qoute Winston Churchill (British PM during WWII) "Its better to jaw jaw than war war".. And he was a wise man!.

Stomped on your head haha oh god. I always thought about hitting a person in the throat but I don't know getting stomped in the head would probably be interesting :P

Like bouncer said agression makes a good street fighter. But you also have ti have it in your head you want to fight, your willing to fight, going to win at any cost. How often you see people saying wanna fight wanna fight, they dont want to fight there just being agressive to scare the other person once there scared they attack and the other person is so scared/worried they cant defend themself. How man times do you see tae kwon do or karate guys get killed in the street just because they fought someone whos got a rabed dog on a piece of meat mentality. There not going slow and thinking with a game plan there just going to keep comming at you and commin at you and hard. YOu have to have a good head game and be in control of your own emotions to be a good street fighter.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Stomped on your head haha oh god. I always thought about hitting a person in the throat but I don't know getting stomped in the head would probably be interesting :P

Honestly its your head hitting the floor that hurts the most. The stomps wrent that bad but they left a mark on my face for 2 weeks

Thread Information