Thread: Gomi vs Penn 2

Hunter is offline Grateful

Gomi vs Penn 2

I would pay big bucks to see this match under pride rules. I know Penn is signed to the UFC but it hasn't stopped him before. I think Penn's Ideal weight would be prides 160 pounds. I am surprized Pride didn't snatch him up. He was not impressive against Renzo or Machida even though he one against Renzo. I know he how bad he beat Gomi and seeing his balace well taking Gomi's back and striking was awsome. I would just like to hear what who you guys think would win. I put my money on Gomi, I think soon(2-3 years) he will be pound for pound the best fighter in the world. Anyway I see Gomi by UD

Thanks USfighterFC for clearing up my mistake. Up Machida
    Last edited by Hunter; 12-30-2005 at 03:41 PM.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    I would pay big bucks to see this match under pride rules. I know Penn is signed to the UFC but it hasn't stopped him before. I think Penn's Ideal weight would be prides 160 pounds. I am surprized Pride didn't snatch him up. He was not impressive against Renzo or Machida even though he one both matches. I know he how bad he beat Gomi and seeing his balace well taking Gomi's back and striking was awsome. I would just like to hear what who you guys think would win. I put my money on Gomi, I think soon(2-3 years) he will be pound for pound the best fighter in the world. Anyway I see Gomi by UD

He lost to Machida

oh my bad I must have misread the article. I didn't see the fight. thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    oh my bad I must have misread the article. I didn't see the fight. thanks for clearing that up
    Dont worry I didnt see it either

But who would you bet on?

I wanna say Penn but he's looked sluggish his last 2 fights like you said, while Gomi is improving, but Penn is still amazing. I'll make a real judgement after Penn fights GSP and gomi faces Sakurai

I can see why you would want to wait to make a judgement. I just loved what Gomi said about a rematch they interviewer said how do you feel about a rematch with Penn and Gomi just said something like "he's to fat now". Gomi is one crazy dude for being 5'6 and 160 pounds. I mean Gomi is the kinda fighter I want to be. Also it piss's me off when people who just started watching MMA when T.U.F started say stuff like Penn he got lucky against Hughes or Penn is going to get rolled by GSP. Not saying he won't get beat or he will lose just saying with a new generation of fans Penn does not get the respect he deserves.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    not to thread jack but since its the same division, what do you think about Hughes Sakurai remach with pride rules? I would go with sakurai

I would go with hughes. If you think about it he has really gone from a GnP fighter to looking for submissions and he landed in sidecontrol several times during that fight. He would be able to throw sidemount knees. I think I would really favor hughes if it was at 170 pounds.

Thread Information