GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

Mark Hunt... toughest man in the world (.gif)

the guy took like 4 kicks to the head from cro-cop, which is unheard of to survive the infamous direct crocop head-kick.

Mark Hunt ended up winning by Decision

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ya Im a big fan of his, only seen him fight K-1 though. He's as tough as it gets, takes shots with the best of them.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    He's awesome....that fight was awesome, the guy is as tough as nails and he's very strong and an extremely hard puncher. I look forward to seeing him many more times

realmxofxnoise is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys! The DVD I made from last nights airing in the USA is exporting now. If any of you guys want it, let me know. Maybe I'll work on getting in a torrent site or something.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Mark Hunt is one hell of a fighter and very impressive, he took the full impact of that kick and stayed up, didnt even looked like he was stunned.

The axe kick got in has well but is a lot less dangerous then the wheel kick.

What do you do next when you hit a guy that hard and he just stays up??????

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I actually felt a little sorry for Mark Hunt! I know he felt like crap the day after... I bet CroCop was getting a little frustrated but he kept his cool for the whole fight and if there was one more minute on the clock he would have knocked Hunt out.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Fedor took about 3 high kicks to the head from CroCop, but they merely grazed him compared to what Hunt had to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I actually felt a little sorry for Mark Hunt! I know he felt like crap the day after... I bet CroCop was getting a little frustrated but he kept his cool for the whole fight and if there was one more minute on the clock he would have knocked Hunt out.

Def wouldnt have knocked him out. Cro-cop shows his frustrations easily. He gets beat mentally before the fight is even over. He gets so easily discouraged

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Def wouldnt have knocked him out. Cro-cop shows his frustrations easily. He gets beat mentally before the fight is even over. He gets so easily discouraged
    He had Hunt in a full mount just as the bell rang! Hunt was already fatigued and has a poor ground game. It would have been a ref stoppage for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    He had Hunt in a full mount just as the bell rang! Hunt was already fatigued and has a poor ground game. It would have been a ref stoppage for sure.

I think if it did get stopped it would be more to mark hunt being fatigued then him getting hurt but I dont even think he was really tired. I dont know if you ever saw the hunt/silva fight but hunt did a great job on the ground fighting off submissions and ground and pound, it was pretty impressive. Cro-cops game on the ground isnt that great either. He shows good defense on the ground but he's mainly a defensive fighter anyway. I used to love cro-cop but his arrogance really turned me off.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Rutten said it himself crocop could put on a boring fight and stall out a win with takedowns. I mean his gnp sucks but still he could have done it. His arrogance got the better of him along with his easy frustration. I am glad he lost his arrogance is over the top. You know every brazilian was happy when this happened since he is strongly disliked by most Brazilian MMA competitors.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    that first kick he took to the head is insane. i don't know how the hell he took that.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    I thought crocop won the fight, notice he's wearing shoe's He hurt both of his ankles and still fought..I dont care what anyone says he is one tough mofo. The only person im glad he lost to was Fedor(the man) but he's unstopable

He lost that fight so clearly. Pride's judging criteria is very different and doesnt even go by rounds. Mirko came into the fight with excuses in hand saying his foot hurt and he wore the shoes to hide it. He wore the shoes because I think for two reasons. Number one being he knew he was going to be throwing a ton of kicks which he did so this would help better protect his feet. And number two it helps his foot grip the ground if he misses his kick. He slipped when he missed it against Josh Barnett in their first fight and he slipped when he missed is against Fedor which cost him dearly. You dont go throwing 40 kicks in the fight if your foot hurts. he also had a slight fever when he left croatia......his temperature according to Nobayuki Sakakibara himself was 98.6 degress when in Japan. Fact is Mark Hunt and Mirko dont like each other and never have. He lost the fight fair and square. Hunt was more aggressive, did more damage although Mirko did a lot of kicking and that wins fights in Pride. Mirko keeps running away and running away and never exchanges and this weighs heavily on the judging. He's almost showing himself as a one dimensional striker with good kicking. He threw very few punches and just kicks. It doesnt help Ricardo Arona, it's not going to help him.
    Last edited by USfighterFC; 01-07-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Thats the way crocop fights all of his fights, he's a counter puncher or what you call "running away". I thought he clearly won the fight with pride rules(I keep up on pride rules and have been watching pride since pride 6) but i could make a case for Hunt also for being a human punching bag and landing some nice shots of his own...a rematch is in the works so i guess we will have to wait until then. BTW I just read back my comments and although it sounds like it here I am not a Crocop fan, I think he's an arrogant pos. The only time I ever wanted Crocop to win was against Alexsander Fedor because I thought at the time he was overrated, he is now however starting to show some promise in my eyes.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    why is crocop so bad? i haven't seen much shit about him out of the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    Thats the way crocop fights all of his fights, he's a counter puncher or what you call "running away". I thought he clearly won the fight with pride rules(I keep up on pride rules and have been watching pride since pride 6) but i could make a case for Hunt also for being a human punching bag and landing some nice shots of his own...a rematch is in the works so i guess we will have to wait until then. BTW I just read back my comments and although it sounds like it here I am not a Crocop fan, I think he's an arrogant pos. The only time I ever wanted Crocop to win was against Alexsander Fedor because I thought at the time he was overrated, he is now however starting to show some promise in my eyes.

Ok cro-cop is a counter puncher however you do not keep walking away from your opponent with your back to him over and over. I can show you instances where he actuallt RAN AWAY, once in the fedor fight and a few times in the hunt fight. Counter punching includes backing up picking your shots but you dont take off across the ring. He's a hit and run artist, but it seems whenever he gets cornered or against the ropes or put in a clinch he gets terrified.

BTW I know they didn't see it but if you go to youtube.com and ttype in aleksander emelianenko you can fight the Nastewla fight. It was a very good fight and Aleks actually almost loses. I agree with you on him showing promise I would like to see more of him.

agreed with the hit and run artist, I think he's kind of like Mark Kerr in some respects(i'm gonna get flamed for this one) whenever they get hit by someone that is not scared of them they fold like a cheap card table.IMO

I just read my own post and I make no sense in it

Mark Hunt won the fight because he has a thick skull. If that were any other fighter they would have been knocked out cold. Also, if Mirko were to take down Mark Hunt he could have scored points but I really do not think that Mirko could tap out Hunt. Yoshida had a tough time with it and Cro Cops grappling is not comparable to Yoshida...at the same time Hunt would have improved his ground work a lot since that fight since he is very new to submissions. Also, (a little off topic) WANDERLEI WON HIS FIGHT WITH HUNT!!! He got like 10 takedowns, he won round 1 and 3, there was a huge weight advantage and Hunt got a yellow card (the last 2 the judges are supposed to take into account).

Thread Information