Thread: boxing regimes

LionsGate is offline Associate Member

boxing regimes

hey i am going to start training at a local boxing gym with a buddy after work, but i was curious what are some boxing regimes i can do until i do join?

such as type of excercises:

how long of each:

i want to be able to go in with some conditioning. i know that i will have to work on my endurance to maintain through rounds. Not to mention working on my phsysic as well.

thanks

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    about a billion things, jump roping, push ups on medicine balls with one hand on the ball one on the floor. Put on 16 ounces gloves and just square away your stance and punch the bad non stop for 3 minutes straight rest 1 minute then 3 more minutes over and over etc

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    about a billion things, jump roping, push ups on medicine balls with one hand on the ball one on the floor. Put on 16 ounces gloves and just square away your stance and punch the bad non stop for 3 minutes straight rest 1 minute then 3 more minutes over and over etc
    sums it up.

Road work is very important for the fitness and skipping for footwork

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    excellent, i like the bag idea. when you say roadwork you are talking about running or jogging right? or is it some boxing jargon?

thanks for the advice

what does the one hand on ball and one on ground do?

sweetpete is offline Associate Member
    i would star running 3 miles everyday and work your way up to 5 miles and jumping rope for 15 minutes straight.also you can do push ups and situps.i would not do heavy lifting but you could machines with not so heavy weight. you can do bag drills if you have a heavy bag 15 seconds all out and 15 seconds rest do about 5 or 6 of them if you can. the key is to do it at 100 percent.

Thread Information