sonar1234 is offline Banned

Cool UFC 59 Mixed feelings

First i have to say that Mark Homenick impressed the hell out of me, i add seen him in TKO many times and knew i was an escape artist but man he never showed any of theses sick submissions like that before.

I add Yves Edward on this one.

I didnt really care for the Makwarth or whatever is name is and Dorckerson fight.

Bj penn said he got robbed, he did bloody GSP but he got slammed like shit and GSP ground control was the best. What the hell was that loser asshole Matt Liddland doing there, look at is face he is all bloodied up.

Liddland is the biggest loser i have ever seen up to date.

Hightlight of the night was Chuck Liddell and the big breasted women he was with MAN WAS SHE HOT. heheheheh

The Crow really disapointed me , big talker but in the octogone he did nothing but run away from Franklin.

All in all it was a very good ppv but my heart remains with Pride cause they are truly the best in MMA, you dont see fighter giving there backs like the crow does in all is fights.

At some point i felt like i was watching the Cro Cop fight against Fedor, where Cro Cop was running away, Crow might have cought up on this fight and say hey i am gonna try this in my match too.

Man was is face ever banged up.
    Last edited by sonar1234; 05-10-2006 at 07:27 PM.

BIGRTHABETTR is offline Banned
    My hats off to Franklin, what a sportsman, gave the grow a present to take home after the fight.................................a cute little mouse.Penn should be ashamed, if the fat little pudge would have trained cardio a little harder him may not have gassed out, he couldnt wait for that fight to end, he gave it away. I cant believe the crowd was booing GSP, too bad UFC made this a political thing, he deserved much better, he fought his heart out. Man the tittie's got more air time then anyone else in the crowd, made the nite much better.
    Last edited by BIGRTHABETTR; 03-05-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry Bro's, but the last 2 PPV with UFC were simply not worth the money! Pride never lets me down.
    Nuff said,

MJ

For sure Pride is a lot better then UFC, but i tought that Pride 31 wasnt that good.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Did you see how long Yves stayed in a postition for the triangle? He could have gotten out easily for a long time.

I heard a rumor that someone walked up and threw down $20,000 on Homminck to winn when the odds were 6 to 1. This immedialtey changed the odds to 4 to 1 for subsequent bets.

What do you think about that? Someone walked away $120,000 richer, do you think anything could have been up with that? Maybe someone that was frustrated with the UFC killing the LW division and constantly not offering them a chance to have a title?

BIGRTHABETTR is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    Did you see how long Yves stayed in a postition for the triangle? He could have gotten out easily for a long time.

I heard a rumor that someone walked up and threw down $20,000 on Homminck to winn when the odds were 6 to 1. This immedialtey changed the odds to 4 to 1 for subsequent bets.

What do you think about that? Someone walked away $120,000 richer, do you think anything could have been up with that? Maybe someone that was frustrated with the UFC killing the LW division and constantly not offering them a chance to have a title?
    Thats something.A little revenge in the "pocket area"?? He could have gotten out of that easly, looked like he turned it off close to the end of first round. Thats tough though, lose at a big event for not the biggest amount of $$$.
    Last edited by BIGRTHABETTR; 03-05-2006 at 09:37 PM.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    For sure Pride is a lot better then UFC, but i tought that Pride 31 wasnt that good.
    I thought it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I talked to someone that help Yves scout the fight. He says no way Yves would lose on purpose. Maybe he was seriously hurt from the body shot.

RMBros is offline Junior Member
    Honestly, I like the UFC's product, but I hate their pay per view events.

This is the second I've ordered and I won't be getting any more unless I'm with 5 other people who are pitching in - I feel like it's worth about $5 to go through all of the ****ing talking to get to see the fights.

I was amazed at the Franklin fight - is he that good or is the Crow that bad? I thought the Crow was a whole lot more dynamic than that. I figured he'd win or lose in flurry of activity. Not to take anything away from his stamina or courage - what a freaking jaw - but it wasn't the fight I thought I'd see.

If the BJ Penn - GSP fight was supposed to be the fight of the year, then it must have been a shitty year. Not really much of a fight to watch and, since I'm in crappy/non-ripped shape myself, I don't want to see the pillsbury dough boy mixing it up in MMA. If you're going to come in soft, at least win - can anyone say Bodie Miller?

The light-weight action was pretty good, but I really wasn't impressed with Yves - even though I'm a native Texan and was rooting for him. The speed and number of punches thrown in LW fights is damn amazing.

Our Denver boy came through - looked like he just out muscled his opponent.

I prefer UFC to Pride, but I haven't done pay per view for Pride - Is it really that much better????

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Marquardt is that type of fighter he is a more atheltic Jeremy Horn in my eyes. I agree he is not the most exciting fighter but he is a legit middleweight and deffiantly belongs in the ufc. Hominick really impressed deffianly hurt Eves with that liver shot which I believe is why he did get caught in that triangle. The BJ and GSP fight really caught my attention and he showed alot of heart. Good fight but I am gonna hold off before I call it fight of the year. I expected Penn to have some good cardio but it just wasn't their. I agree with you Sonar and seeing Woogie shove his ugly mug and say "look at his face" was pretty damn stupid. If all fights got judged on the how ugly a fighters face was Woogie would lose every fight. Franklin and Loiseau fight was kinda a let down. I knew that Lauseau's only chance of a win was to cut him but I just didn't expect it to be that lopsided espicially after Rich broke his left hand. After watching that fight I firmly believe Franklin is the Number 1 185/183 pound fighter in the world. I am let down they didn't air the Stout and Fisher would have much rather seen that fight then the mike swick fight but hey what you gonna do? I must say I was a little let down with this Card but I really wanted to see the GSP and Penn match.

Homenick is one hell of a fighter, For sure i tought Yves would win not easy but he would win.

A fighter with that experience should have known to get out while he could, but did you see Homenick grabe is leg to prevent him from any escape.

I really hope to see more of Homenick in the futur, he is a great guy to meet in person too.

Bj penn is someone to never underestimate and GSP found this out in round 1, BJ was really doing some amazing counter punches that got GSP off guard. He also manage to put on a nice omoplata at the end of the fight.

Personnaly even if i am a big GSP fan i would have called it a draw and get them to fight again in another UFC ppv, i would have banned Liddland from right side cause i eard BJ payed him a whole hamberger to train him for this fight, LOL nah i just hate Liddland he is a complete jerk.

Loiseau made me feel a lot like the Cro Cop Fedor fight, man he was running away the whole time and look like a beginner in there. Loiseau should take some time off to train more ground and stop giving is back like he always does. He was trowing kicks for no reason.

Franklin is still the champ and he really put the beating on Loiseau, kinda look stupid with all the clams he made this is my belt and tonight i am gonna walk to the ring and take it, he sure did underestimage Franklin.

Thread Information