Thread: Wand vs Coleman

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Wand vs Coleman

Coleman is gonna get KTFOd for this...uh oh!

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Bring that big steroided freak to Pride, i wanna see him get is for sure.

No class bastard

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    It will be a tough style matchup for silva I think. Coleman is old but no slouch and he's a good wrestler, something Wand has trouble with. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    It will be a tough style matchup for silva I think. Coleman is old but no slouch and he's a good wrestler, something Wand has trouble with. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

As i mentioned before, yes while Coleman is a good wrestler and can take Wand down, the "key" factor here is that unlike Arona, Coleman cannot fight at Wanderlei's pace without gassing nor does he have the BJJ skills of Arona. Arona kept coming with strong takedowns for most of the fight. Coleman would be good for 6-7 minutes and then he is screwed. Wand's guard is more than enough to keep Coleman from doing his same old GnP and damage him.

And when they get stood back up, Coleman will get KTFO!

While they have similiar styles, Arona is the far better fighter compared to Coleman not to mention the age factor as well.

Either Coleman comes down to 205lbs (he said he could) or Wand should come into the fight at 220lbs.

It's not about subs to be honest. He will take Wand down...and pretty easily at that. He's gonna lay and pray him over and over. Wand hasnt been all that aggressive in his last couple of fights. And i'm willing to bet that coleman is gonna come into that fight in good shape. Remember we havent seen him gas in a few years now cuz of his inactivity and shortness of fights. But like I said it will be an interesting match up.

BIGRTHABETTR is offline Banned
    Looking foward to this fight, will be intense, if Wandy works on it, I think he could keep some distance and land some big shots and put Coleman down. Cant wait, little added drama, perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRTHABETTR
    Looking foward to this fight, will be intense, if Wandy works on it, I think he could keep some distance and land some big shots and put Coleman down. Cant wait, little added drama, perfect!

Problem is wandy doesnt pick his shots.....he throws down like a mad man and it leaves him prone to takedowns.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    It's not about subs to be honest. He will take Wand down...and pretty easily at that. He's gonna lay and pray him over and over. Wand hasnt been all that aggressive in his last couple of fights. And i'm willing to bet that coleman is gonna come into that fight in good shape. Remember we havent seen him gas in a few years now cuz of his inactivity and shortness of fights. But like I said it will be an interesting match up.
    Agreed, At heavyweight I think colemans got him, But Coleman says he can go down to Middleweight but if he does, he will get

I dont know who will win but it will be a good fight. Or a really really boring one.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    silva for sure, even with the weight diff. whats coleman gonna do to silva?! take em down and then sweat all over him......

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sorry but Silva really deserved that. He had no business being in the ring trying to fight over an accident. He also, allegedly, sucker punched Coleman so I think he got appropriately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I'm sorry but Silva really deserved that. He had no business being in the ring trying to fight over an accident. He also, allegedly, sucker punched Coleman so I think he got appropriately owned.
    Agreed, and there has been problems in the past between Coleman and Chute Box.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234

No class bastard
    You dont think that Wanderlei juices???

It is good to see some un-biased opinions.

Murilo...this fight is not official yet, right? I thought that they would fight in the open weight tournament, then Silva could gain some weight and Coleman could stay at 224 pounds.

Also, wanderlei has never "KTFO" an opponent that is much stronger than he is...most of his KO's were the smaller japaneese opponents that he could manhandle. So, I think that Coleman would have a good chance of winning on points. However, like you said Wnaderlei could tire Coleman out with such an active guard. So, for Silva to win he would have to gas Coleman, and then he would be able to knock him out once he is gassed.

I am sure that you remember Wanerlei's fight with Carl Malenko...I think that the fight will happen much like that one, however Coleman is just a bigger better version of Malenko (except for that he is 42).
    Last edited by catabolic kid; 03-02-2006 at 02:28 PM.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Murilo...this fight is not official yet, right? I thought that they would fight in the open weight tournament, then Silva could gain some weight and Coleman could stay at 224 pounds.

Also, wanderlei has never "KTFO" an opponent that is much stronger than he is...most of his KO's were the smaller japaneese opponents that he could manhandle. So, I think that Coleman would have a good chance of winning on points. However, like you said Wnaderlei could tire Coleman out with such an active guard. So, for Silva to win he would have to gas Coleman, and then he would be able to knock him out once he is gassed.

I am sure that you remember Wanerlei's fight with Carl Malenko...I think that the fight will happen much like that one, however Coleman is just a bigger better version of Malenko (except for that he is 42).
    He knocked out/tko rampage Jackson twice, he beat MVA back in the day who is a better wrestler then Coleman but Coleman is the better mma fighter. bad style match up for Silva but I still question Colemans heart and physical level. Either really good fight or really boring. I lean towards the middle not super exciting not super boring

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    He knocked out/tko rampage Jackson twice, he beat MVA back in the day who is a better wrestler then Coleman but Coleman is the better mma fighter. bad style match up for Silva but I still question Colemans heart and physical level. Either really good fight or really boring. I lean towards the middle not super exciting not super boring
    I do not think he will be able to clinch Coleman like he did in beating Rampage twice.

You saw how he threw Shogun down immediately when Shogun tried to clinch. Now, once Coleman is gassed, anything is possible. Coleman has no offense...he will have 2 gnp the whole fight in order to win. I do not think he will have the stamina to do so. Either way, the fight will ultimately be decided on Coleman stamina.

Knocking out rampage and coleman is two very diff things. Rampage cant defend a clinch for shit. He didnt learn in his first fight with Wand, he didnt learn it in his second, and apparently didnt learn it in his fight with Shogun. Bas was PISSED when rampage was getting tagged with knees from Shogun. Coleman is not an easy person to get in the clinch and if you do chances are he's just gonna man handle you when your that close.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234

No class bastard
    HEY NOW!!!!!! No steroid bashing on a steroid website.LMAO. Come on now Sonar, I know you dont think he is the only one to hit the sauce in MMA. That would be pretty stupid. Wandy isnt looking to small to me. Dare I say he looks bigger than Coleman to me, just not as ripped.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Wandy admitted to taking hgh but never touched steroids ...I read that about 2 or 3 years ago!!!

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    of course wandy hits AAS, MMA pro athletes train 5-6 days a week, 8 hours a day, doing nothing but bagwork, wrestling, weightlifting, running and sparring among other things, there bodies wouldnt be able to continue doing this everyday w/o AS, hence making them less effective fighters.

Catabolic Kid - I applaud you for standing up for Coleman, all to often these threads turn into one-sided bashings.

In my opinion, a Coleman/Wandy match would be a poor matchup, as obviously Silva is the stronger fighter, what is an unbias opinion - certainly a Hammerhouse vs Chute Box would be more intresting (example, Shogun vs Coleman rematch, Baroni vs Arona, Silva vs Jackson)

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    of course wandy hits AAS, MMA pro athletes train 5-6 days a week, 8 hours a day, doing nothing but bagwork, wrestling, weightlifting, running and sparring among other things, there bodies wouldnt be able to continue doing this everyday w/o AS, hence making them less effective fighters.

Catabolic Kid - I applaud you for standing up for Coleman, all to often these threads turn into one-sided bashings.

In my opinion, a Coleman/Wandy match would be a poor matchup, as obviously Silva is the stronger fighter, what is an unbias opinion - certainly a Hammerhouse vs Chute Box would be more intresting (example, Shogun vs Coleman rematch, Baroni vs Arona, Silva vs Jackson)

How could you possibly think Silva is stronger than Coleman?? MMA athletes dont train extremely rigorous year around. Shogun trained 3 weeks for his fight with Coleman. Mark Hunt admittedly didnt even train for his last fight. 8 hours for 5-6 days is def overstating a little and many probably do hit that mark but it's def not for an extended period of time. And to come out and just say Silva and other MMA almost definitively use AAS is just totally off base. I've trained with many MMA athletes over the years and some did you use , but most did not.
    Last edited by USfighterFC; 03-05-2006 at 02:55 PM.

BTW Arona is not part of chutebox he's part of brazilian top team and jackson is not part of Hammerhouse. Not to mention Baroni and Arona are not even in the same weightclasses.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    your right, i was thinkin of Ninja my bad - The wieght-outclass is good because of Ninja(and Arona for that matter) have a significant amount more skill than Baroni, hence it evens things out a bit.

Your also right about Rampage, he trained with Team Punishment not Hammerhouse, because he was in Coleman's corner i assumed an association (rampage has a different club he trains out of now)

Including diet, i would say pro MMA athletes train 24 hours a day, the average sparring session alone is 3 hours (w/breaks), and that doesnt include conventional fitness training

I'm suprised you dont know any who have atleast tried AAS

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    your right, i was thinkin of Ninja my bad - The wieght-outclass is good because of Ninja(and Arona for that matter) have a significant amount more skill than Baroni, hence it evens things out a bit.

Your also right about Rampage, he trained with Team Punishment not Hammerhouse, because he was in Coleman's corner i assumed an association (rampage has a different club he trains out of now)

Including diet, i would say pro MMA athletes train 24 hours a day, the average sparring session alone is 3 hours (w/breaks), and that doesnt include conventional fitness training

Same here. I only know a few guys who do mma and they all told me they hit the sauce occasionally. Plus if you look at alot of the fighters, they would have a hard time holding that amount of muscle with all the sparring and cardio they have to do without alot of food and juice. Talk about catabolic.

I do know people who have done tried AAS, MMA fighters DO NOT train 24 hours a day including diet. They constantly have to make weight. Of course they watch what they eat cuz they can't blow up. Fedor himself said he eats anything insight including fatty shit. A lot I'm sure have dabbled in steroids but your just kidding yourself if you think many A-level fighters are swimming in it. And Rampage hasn't been with Team punishment for years now. He's been training with Team Oyama for a long time and I dont see him training with them much longer.

I do know people who have done tried AAS, MMA fighters DO NOT train 24 hours a day including diet. They constantly have to make weight. Of course they watch what they eat cuz they can't blow up. Fedor himself said he eats anything insight including fatty shit. A lot I'm sure have dabbled in steroids but your just kidding yourself if you think many A-level fighters are swimming in it. And Rampage hasn't been with Team punishment for years now. He's been training with Team Oyama for a long time and I dont see him training with them much longer.

Rampage left Team Oyama shortly after his beating from Shogun. It all boiled over when Oyama cussed Rampage out after the Shogun fight, basically accusing Rampage of faking the injury and being a quitter. Rampage left and says he is ok with Oyama just that he does not train with him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Rampage left Team Oyama shortly after his beating from Shogun. It all boiled over when Oyama cussed Rampage out after the Shogun fight, basically accusing Rampage of faking the injury and being a quitter. Rampage left and says he is ok with Oyama just that he does not train with him anymore.

Yeaqh i figured he'd left already....he wasnt happy with them after the bout against Silva.

Thread Information