sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink TUF 4 looking forward to this

All the fighter have UFC experience, i cant wait to see this one.

Now that i have Spike TV which is UFC country i am really excited.

Yippieeeee.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    confirmed contests

185 pounds
    Patrick cote(0-3 in the ufc, 8-3 overall) Heavy handed striker. I truely believe he will be a great fighter one day if his mental side appears. Loss to deorkson(sub) tito(ud) Leben(split)
    Edwin dewees(0-2 in the ufc, 34-9 overall) Suppose to be good on the ground but yet to show it. beat alot of no namers in kotc. loss to Leben(sub), franklin tko(strikes)
    Charles McCarthy(0-1 in the ufc, 9-4 overall) another guy suppose to be well versed on the ground no notable names beaten loss to the crow tko(spinning back kick)
    Travis lutter(1-2 in the ufc overall 8-3) BJJ black belt loss to Lindland(sub), Prangley(ud) notable win jose landi jons(pele) won by sub
    Gideon ray(0-2 in the ufc, 13-4 overall) good striker loss to the crow(tko), mike swick (tko) strikes
    Jorge riveria(2-3 in the ufc, 13-5 overall) very good in the clinch poor ground game. Wins against the crow(ud, was a clinch war) Dannis hallman(ud, very disappointing proformance) loss to lee muray(sub armbar), franklin(sub armbar) My prediction to win the 185 pound contract
    Pete sell(1-1 in the ufc, 7-1 overall) trains with matt serra comback win against baroni who he choked out with a guillotine and loss to Quarry with questionable stoppage.
    Scott smith(0-1 in the ufc, 9-2 overall) very big 185 pounder, loss to terrel by rear naked choke some drama in the fight dont remember why.

170 pound fighters
    Mikey burnette(2-1 in the ufc, 5-1 overall) no record of any fights since ufc 18. maybe fighting in smaller farm orgs since then? loss to melitech beat saunders and tadue.
    Shonie carter(3-2 in the ufc, 34-15 overall) quality wins and some poor losses jack of all trades. beat serra via spinning fluke fist excuse me back fist, adrian serrano (ud), brad gumm(ud) loss to nate quarry tko, and pat melitich ko(kick)
    matt serra(4-4 in the ufc, 5-4 overall) beat jeff curan, eves edwards, ivan mejivar, kellen dullantly, loss to bj penn(great fight, ud) karo(great fight, ud), din thomas(split dec, I think he got robbed), shonie carter ko(back fist). Great on the ground hands getting better, my pick to win the 170 pound contract then drop to 155(his real weight)
    rich clementi (0-1, 23-10 overall) loss to edwards dont know much about him
    pete spratt(2-2 in the ufc, 14-7 overall) poor ground game by the looks dont know much about him. loss to koscheck(sub), newton(sub) wins over Lawler(injury lawler f*cked his hip up), zack light(sub). Has also lost to st.pierre and chris lytle
    chris lytle(2-4 in the ufc 21-12 overall) lots of hard decent on the ground and standing. Loss to Riggs(cut), Lawler(ud), pyrasian(ud), ben earwood, Beat Tiki(sub) Juhn(sub) maybe a dark hose
    din thomas(2-2 in the ufc 17-6 overall) Loss to penn(ko) Uno(ud) beat serra by split and iha by ud. good ground game dont know much about him besides his beef with serra
    Jeremy jackson(0-1 in the ufc, 8-4 overall) good boxer decent ground game lost to nick diaz by armbar.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I met shonie carter i tried to squeeze the outcome out of him but it looks like UFC really threatened them good they are not allowed to say what happened in the show but u can bet its gonna be the funniest TUF ever cause i saw the preview video on sherdog which shows shonie training in a pimp suit and then one scene in which he is wearing the really really short vale tudo shorts and Randy couture is looking at him and says "shonie are these the only shorts u have?"

Quil is offline Member
    I was looking forward to this too until I found out who the finalists are on Beatdown

Still should be entertaining fights, though.

I really think that UFC is trying hard to get more and more fans, and concer the US territory and Canada.

Tonignt there is UFC unleash Tito Ortiz against Forrest Griffin fight will be shown, there is also the huge fight card before the TUF season premier.

I dont know about you guys but i am pertty excited with all this MMA tv.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah i am too but there's only a few fighters from the UFC that i actually enjoy watching fight anymore.

there are alot of good fighters in the ufc and alot of good fighters in the pride, I just enjoy mma. Both orgs have good fighters but pride for one has more money, and is huge in japen allowing them to snatch up fighters. Both orgs have great fighters and the ufc will catch up in talent.

Quil is offline Member
    I think UFC has a lot of good fighters right now, especially in LW, WW, and MW.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    I think UFC has a lot of good fighters right now, especially in LW, WW, and MW.
    YEP for sure, Pride is the best for sure but like MN Fighter says i also am a huge MMA fan and UFC is giving me what i want right now, good fights, 2 hour pre show with a great fight card before the TUF and once a week the show UFC Unleash with great fights.

longtom74 is offline Junior Member
    I can't wait for Pride to play on fox. The competition for audience should force the UFC to show really good cards on free cable. Not that they are bad now.

Quote Originally Posted by longtom74
    I can't wait for Pride to play on fox. The competition for audience should force the UFC to show really good cards on free cable. Not that they are bad now.

UFC's card have basically sucked ass lately and the next one (ufc 62) is horrible IMO.

Quil is offline Member
    UFC 61 and 62 cards were poor. However, the upcoming ones look outstanding so far.

UFC 62 isnt until next week and the card isnt that good IMO.

UFC 62 card sux big time the show on Spike tv tonight before the TUF4 is a better card and its free.

Well they are putting out alot of cards becouse they need to make contenders. I am not a ufc nut hugger but dana has made some good decisions. it will be mediocre fights with a couple of good undercard bouts then a great card then two more mediocre cards then a great card its just what you have to do when you put out that many cards. Its not like the first round of open weight grand prix was a stunner. but the 2nd round was great there will always be good cards and bad cards

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    The UFC is starting to orient themselves much like "pro wrestling" (i.e. WWE) - this little "grunge" match between Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz is ridiculous, or they "hey lets put an old guy with lots of pride, vs a younger guy in his prime" (Gracie vs Hughes), and to top if all off, THESE are the premier fights

then you have other organizations that put CroCop vs Silva... AND THAT ISNT even their highlighted fight of the night

lets face it, the american audience doesnt want to see good fighters, they want to see medicore fighters beating the hell out of someone lesser than them for the visual affects. Western culture is stuck in this "super hero" expectation, as soon as a good fighter loses, in our cultures mind, they are a loser and no longer a good fighter. NO WONDER all of the great fighters are going to japan, to a culture who embraces and understands the art/science of combative sports (not to mention they get paid way more) **sigh** k, i'm done... thanks for listening to me rant guys
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 08-17-2006 at 04:06 PM.

You do relaize to a point that is grudge match becouse silvia and crocop, they do not get along at all. I agree with you to an etent the rematches can get old but you want to take about old about silvia vs sakuraba all three times. after the 2nd time we knew sak would not win. Rematches will happen in contact sports at times simply out of pride. Like I have said I like mma period but I hate it when people favor one organization and can't look at things objectivetly

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    GQ-Bouncer - thats american sensationalism at its finest(or worst). every sport does it, not just the WWE. watch the yanks vs sox this weekend im sure youll here about past discrestions between the teams.

as far as the tourney im rooting for matt serra in the 170lbs div. gotta go with the hometown guy here. serra jui-jitsu isnt far from my work, maybe a 5 minute drive.

Serra is my call to win the 170 pound division. Really like his attitude but he belongs at 155 not 170

Thread Information