Thread: bjj and what?

MiZongMaster is offline Associate Member

bjj and what?

I asked this question in my other thread, but decided to create a new one just for this.. I am currently taking BJJ and MiZong Kung Fu.. I am moving to tampa, so wont be able to keep taking the MiZong.. I found a good BJJ school there, so that isnt a problem, but im looking for something to compliment it. I am not looking for competition arts, but something that can be used practically.. I sometimes have to carry cash, and would like an additional alternative of defense besides a firearm. I was thinking Muay Thai? Any input, or advice?

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i would go with muay thai so you have a striking art to compliment the grappeling

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Word

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    i would go with muay thai so you have a striking art to compliment the grappeling
    BJJ and muay thai is a deadly combo. Boxing is still the best for straight striking but MT knees and leg kicks are awesome. If you're looking for self defense skills, I agree with stocky BJJ and MT. BJJ is great for one on one but not so effective for two attackers. If you're only fighting one guy, then it's fun to use the jits and toy with 'em like a cat does a mouse. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    BJJ and muay thai is a deadly combo. Boxing is still the best for straight striking but MT knees and leg kicks are awesome. If you're looking for self defense skills, I agree with stocky BJJ and MT. BJJ is great for one on one but not so effective for two attackers. If you're only fighting one guy, then it's fun to use the jits and toy with 'em like a cat does a mouse. Fun!

Sounds good, I will go with that then.. thanks guys

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Muay Thai.

Would you guys suggest me doing both the same week, or one week on, one week off?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    same week for sure

try each every other day mon-thurs or something...each 2x a week is a good place to start and move up to what you can handle

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Muay Thai

Thread Information