Thread: Chris Leben

Hunter is offline Grateful

Chris Leben

I know he is controversial esp on tuf but I think he has really proved his point he belongs in the UFC. He is improving more and more. He showed he is not a fish out of the water on the ground against dewees and banged it out with Cote and now beat Riveria in a convincing manner. I think out of TUF 1 Leben,Swick, Diego(hate him),Bonnar and Griffen are all legimate UFC caliber fighters. I was really hard personally on them but they are starting to impress me what is your guys take

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Not a big fan of leben. Too much of a drama queen.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    I agree with you on one thing for sure, I also hate Diago Sanchez, but hes on his game.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    I agree with you on one thing for sure, I also hate Diago Sanchez, but hes on his game.
    I hate that greasy-ass, curly hair of his...now that he is in the ufc, he thinks he needs to have a make-over or something. It looks like he is trying to be vitor.

But, I agree, at first, all of the fighters of TUF looked like Pus*ies, but there are great fighters. I cannot wait to see Griffen and Ortiz.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Not a big fan either but he seems to be improving but I think leaving team quest was a bad move becouse they would help him grow up which I hope he does.

Sharky72 is offline Associate Member
    Gotta give that kid credit for being tough.I didnt think he had what it takes but he's showing alot of guts and that he's willing to go toe to toe with any body.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    do you want your feet stomped on???

not my fav guy either, i dont think he is pshycologically ready. he seems like that crazy kid from highschool IMO

5 yrs from now will tell the story i think

YOu have to wonder, is it people antics or there skills that get them recognized. If leben stops the antics and still draws my attention with skill Ill be impresed. Hell you dont hear any tito antics now a days.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I never seen him fight, is card is impressive and he did beat Rivera, took almost 3 rounds to do for Rich Franklin, he did it in 1.44 by knockout

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    his last 2 fights i've seen impressed me, but then again i wanna see him fight someone like sanchez that he doesn't match up well with. i think he'd do better with koscheck (sp?) if given another chance, but i still don't know if he'd win.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    That Rivera fight was a work. I don't care what anyone says. I know a short punch in the right place can knock you out, but Rivera fell to the ground and TURTLED UP! What kind of experienced fighter does that?! Rivera ain't no rookie, he would have rolled the fcuk over into guard. I've seen people with 1/10th of his experience know that you just have to roll the over and try to pull guard.

A work I say!

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    That Rivera fight was a work. I don't care what anyone says. I know a short punch in the right place can knock you out, but Rivera fell to the ground and TURTLED UP! What kind of experienced fighter does that?! Rivera ain't no rookie, he would have rolled the fcuk over into guard. I've seen people with 1/10th of his experience know that you just have to roll the over and try to pull guard.

A work I say!
    Yeah, I also found that strange, maybe Riv was having a bad night, who knows?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Leben blows, hell 85% of the UFC roster blows...they look good against each other cause most of them are mediocre. Rivera took some bombs and GnP from Franklin in their fight and he also fought well against Anderson Silva in Cage Rage and then he fights Leben in the UFC and gets dropped and site there as if to say "Ok Leben finish me off". lol

?

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory

A work I say!
    Hey riveria sucks on the ground watch the crow fight he did the same thing but ended up scoring a takedown. Also watch the fight again Leben firmly planted his left foot shifted weight and throw a short hard hook(the way dempsy punched) that landed square on his jaw also leben had in a tight waist that makes it harder to roll into guard becouse then leben could have put in hooks and rnc. I hate all these tuf bashers if leben beat franklin people would say franklin was never that good. Get off your high horse and face it Leben like him or love him deserves to be in the UFC

Ok now i can speak up cause i seen him fight and train in the first TUF, bought the whole season on DVD.

He really is an average fighter with an attitude, but hey look at Tito pertty much the same.

Could he have improved from that season. He has been tested harder then anyone else on that show an average fighter is Dennis hallman thats a b level fighter

Dennis Superman Hallaman is not an average fighter , he beat Matt Hugues twice, he is on hell of a great fighter.

Hallman is far from a great fighter....he beat hughes twice, very cool, but he cant do well against any other good fighter AT ALL. He does well the first 2 minutes.....then he's totally out of gas.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I like leben. I don't think he is a top 10 fighter in hhis weight class. I don't know if he will ever get there, but I like to watch him, I like his attitude about winning, I like how upset he gets at losses.

It's like watching and wwaiting for the train wreck to happen. Quite entertaining. He is a B fighter that if plays his cards right will get a title shot someday with an A fighter.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    why does everyone hate diego? he's an outstanding fighter, great discipine

For those who think Leben is UFC material, realize that that is the reason UFC is a tear 2 league

Because Diego is a big shit talker who hasn't really proven himself and calls himself the uncrowned king. He's just so damn cocky.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Because Diego is a big shit talker who hasn't really proven himself and calls himself the uncrowned king. He's just so damn cocky.
    Exactly... I hate the motherf_cker.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    why does everyone hate diego? he's an outstanding fighter, great discipine

For those who think Leben is UFC material, realize that that is the reason UFC is a tear 2 league
    I think the reason the UFC is 2 tier is because they still want to pay fighters 2k to fight with a 2k win bonus. I understand giving guys from smaller shows a chance, but they gotta eat to. Notice how the next UFC PPV is now $40. Two nice increases in 1 year. Soon it will be $50. I would not mind as much if fighter pay was going up at the same percentage rate.

Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member
    Leben talks too much sh--. He has an iron chin and he can go ahead and say that he'll fight anybody, but he'd look pretty stupid if Crocop came to the UFC and high-kicked him the fuvk out. They all think this cocky routine will get them noticed and put into the media to propel their careers but it won't replace what discipline and sacrifice will do for you.

yeah Cro-cop and Leben are almost the same size 185 and heavyweight. He does talk alot of sh*t but thats his personality. If you give him a chance 2-3 years he will become an A standard fighter. He has been tested tougher then any other TUF fighter. Cote,Riveria,Dewees(bad style much up) he has beat them all I also believe he lost a majority decision to Deorkson who is not a bad fighter himself. Just give him time what alot of young guys need time lol

Thread Information