GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

Royce Gracie vs Kung Fu Guy (video)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42465&q=gracie

this is a classic video (from Gracies in Action)

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    wow he really let that guy have it. didn't even choke him out just beat him up and choked him until the guy was a heap.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    nice clip m8

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Nice find GQ.

Surfstud18 is offline Member
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM haha that's what i'm gonna do if i have to fight a kung fo expert

goose is offline Banned
    Nice,remember that Ninja guy,from early UFC, Kung Fu has no chance against MMA,its a fact,I know this guy who practices Kung Fu and he thinks its the shit,he said his tiger crane kung fu could take on Chuck liddel,I hate these type of people,even Tank could beat these guys.

goose4..

Monsteronjuice is offline Associate Member
    i find everyone who compares styles a joke. just I see how you love bashing other styles, when the truth of the matter is its not the art, its the person and what they do with it... Keep having fun bashing everything except Bjj and muai thai, when the fact of the matter is just because you take bjj doenst make you a badass... I love how evreyoen who takes one or the other think they are the next royca gracie, when the fact of the matter is he started learning when he was 3 or 4 and practiced 8 hours a day his whole life....... so evreyone keep talking on how you are real badasses

Quote Originally Posted by Monsteronjuice
    i find everyone who compares styles a joke. just I see how you love bashing other styles, when the truth of the matter is its not the art, its the person and what they do with it... Keep having fun bashing everything except Bjj and muai thai, when the fact of the matter is just because you take bjj doenst make you a badass... I love how evreyoen who takes one or the other think they are the next royca gracie, when the fact of the matter is he started learning when he was 3 or 4 and practiced 8 hours a day his whole life....... so evreyone keep talking on how you are real badasses
    BJJ and muai thai have everthing a fighter needs, with good training, sparring, and conditioning. Cry me a river. P.S. Im not even training in anything right now. So Im not biased

Whoady maybe if you grew some balls you could train...You are young and stupid and have no idea

roccoswello is offline Associate Member
    Bjj is the shit on the ground.

That being said styles are so yesterday man. A good mixed martial artists works toward perfecting several diciplines the most common of which is bjj.

I have 6 members on my team www.hardcorefightgear.com and none of them can approach this game without ground game.

A style like karate or kung fu is just no longer totally effective against a mixed martial artist.

My 5 yr old son is in kartate because it teaches discipline thats the only reason.

So your saying sanda which is a form of kung fu wouldn't help in mma?

Phildude is offline Junior Member
    Sorry to interupt but I'm guessing MMA - mixed martial arts,
    What is BBJ?

Thanks for the help.

Whoady maybe if you grew some balls you could train...You are young and stupid and have no idea
    Or maybe if I didnt have a severly torn left rotator cuff I could train, either way quit trying to be an internet tuff guy bro. Its not cool and it doesnt impress anybody. Your the one who came on the board with a bltchy, whiney post, and I replied to it. P.S. I dont see why this matters, but I am 23 by the way.

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildude
    Sorry to interupt but I'm guessing MMA - mixed martial arts,
    What is BBJ?

Thanks for the help.
    BJJ is brazian ju jitsu

whoady your a slob enough said

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Bitch?

Are you a chick trying to act like a guy on the board? Monster on Juice: what are you off the juice?

Don't come on here and be an ass.

No i came on here to talk martial arts, and everyone is bashing everyone else's style which isn't cool. Then I come across some slob **** named whoady that keeps tryign to start shit. I just came to talk about the art

what style do you train in?

btw, right now i'm only doing BJJ

EVERY MARTIAL ARTIST "CROSS-TRAINS" - martial arts isn't about style, it's about effectiveness... and that wasn't me saying that, this Bruce Lee said that, and he's the grand-daddy pimp of them all.

These are what I like to see - all these martial art forms serve their purpose
    I've only done pankration/BJJ, this is my flexable view of martial arts.

pankration/sambo would be the best for self-defence/martial arts
    Artform martial arts would be - caporiera
    point sparring, tae-kwon-do / karate
    Wrestling - Jujitsu/Judo
    Striking only - Muay Thai / Kickboxing / boxing
    Weapons - Escrima baby!

Martial arts applies to diffrent areas

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Bashing?

No i came on here to talk martial arts, and everyone is bashing everyone else's style which isn't cool. Then I come across some slob **** named whoady that keeps tryign to start shit. I just came to talk about the art

I just re-read the thread and no one was bashing anyone or anything until you showed up complaining. WTF? And you are correct, just because you take BJJ doesn;t make you a badass but it's effectiveness as part of a well rounded fighting style in currently indisputable. Striking aside, once you hit the ground, you MUST have a BJJ background. This doesn't make it a better art, just better on the ground. Just like boxing is the best fist striking art, etc....

I love your reply, considering you have never met me and dont know me at all. I dont even understand how I can reply to your post, considering it adds absolutely nothing to the conversation. You seem to possibly have some insecurities about the art you are practicing or your self, or you were just bored and wanted to start a fight on a message board. Either way I hope you get the help that you need. Good luck with everything.

P.S. In the long run almost everything that everyone posts about specific arts can be considered opinions. You dont have to take what everybody says about an art or style as fact. You dont need to take it all as a personal attack. Most of what people post comes from what they have learned, practiced, seen with their own eyes, or has generally been accepted as true from the mma communinty. One of these being that bjj seems to be the best for ground work. Last but not least, what art do you practice, and how old are you?

I wonder what happened to Monsteronjuice? Maybe he saw the error in his ways.

I'm not here to start a fight, I'm 22 and have been training in fighting since 8. I have 14 years of fighitng knowledge on my belt, and yet no one was flaming styles in this thread I have seen them in many other threads. I dont like the idea everyone think jsut becuase you take bjj you can kick a kung fu guys ass. Royce gracie is a legend and you cant compare people who master and grown up in a art to other styles where its not other peoples culture.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    All I know is that if I ever get into a fight on the ground with someone who studies BJJ, they better be ready to get bit REAL freaking hard and I will bite until they get off me. You want to get that close I will gouge eyes, punch the throat and bite.

I'm not here to start a fight, I'm 22 and have been training in fighting since 8. I have 14 years of fighitng knowledge on my belt, and yet no one was flaming styles in this thread I have seen them in many other threads. I dont like the idea everyone think jsut becuase you take bjj you can kick a kung fu guys ass. Royce gracie is a legend and you cant compare people who master and grown up in a art to other styles where its not other peoples culture.
    Monster, your a cool dude.

But I think you might have mis-interrupted some things on the board brutha

lol, remember to have a bit of forgiveness, everyone brags there style a bit
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 01-26-2006 at 04:28 AM.

Avenged............LOL. No but really, If everything you are saying is true, which Im sure it is, thats kick ass. Hell, If you can cool the anger and frustration down, you will be a great contributer to the board with all your experience. What styles/art have you learned or find best, and for what reasons. Im not asking this to start a fight, only to get your opinon. Peace.

I boxed from 8-14.. Kenpo karate and shootfighting from 12-20... 6 days a week, 4 hour days( school time)..summertime meant 7 hour days. Also learned submisson fighting and Chin NA-( pressure point fighting) on the weekends. Took lil time off to do bodybuilding shows, Now im goign to train in China in animal forms then off to tai land for ti boxing fot the next 2 years coming this summer. I got the bodybuildign shwos out of the way jus tto say I did it, but there's no way to compete in bodybuilding shows and martial arts, either one or the other and I chooise peace of mind and health, then looking great.

Thats awesome bro. I wish you the best in your endeavors.

I boxed from 8-14.. Kenpo karate and shootfighting from 12-20... 6 days a week, 4 hour days( school time)..summertime meant 7 hour days. Also learned submisson fighting and Chin NA-( pressure point fighting) on the weekends. Took lil time off to do bodybuilding shows, Now im goign to train in China in animal forms then off to tai land for ti boxing fot the next 2 years coming this summer. I got the bodybuildign shwos out of the way jus tto say I did it, but there's no way to compete in bodybuilding shows and martial arts, either one or the other and I chooise peace of mind and health, then looking great.
    i dont get it, why are you training in China?

Because theres a grandmaster over there that invited me to go train with him mainly on preying mantis.. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I need that type of training I prefer personally.. Midde of forest, away from civilization, No t.v, no distractions ( nagging gf, freinds wanting to party), nothign to take away my main goal and that's my focus on training. Training consists of 9 hour days, and other other hours of the day consist of massage therapy and working out........

DizzyBoy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roccoswello

That being said styles are so yesterday man. A good mixed martial artists works toward perfecting several diciplines the most common of which is bjj.

I have 6 members on my team www.hardcorefightgear.com and none of them can approach this game without ground game.

A style like karate or kung fu is just no longer totally effective against a mixed martial artist.

My 5 yr old son is in kartate because it teaches discipline thats the only reason.
    You should think about putting your son in wrestling . Now that teaches discipline!

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I just have to say that it's not really fair to say one art is better than another. I'm a blue belt in BJJ and I know there are quite a few people from other arts who could deal me in well. All we can control is how much we train and how much knowledge the individual has. So you can't really give a general comparison as to which martial art is best based off of any fights because that usually comes down to who was prepared best...

this video on the other hand...i'm glad some one went to put that guy in his place. To think that anyone would be that arogant as to say they are unbeatable.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by roccoswello

Any wrestling or BJJ nearby? I helped teach some kids classes, one little girl we had was truly exceptional, had great hip movement and her timing was coming along good. I got some kids matches on tape..very cool. Really teaches them about winning/losing and to have respect.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    All I know is that if I ever get into a fight on the ground with someone who studies BJJ, they better be ready to get bit REAL freaking hard and I will bite until they get off me. You want to get that close I will gouge eyes, punch the throat and bite.
    How about not fighting at all, how would you like to bite some guy and get HIV? And you wanna gouge eyes and bite? Enjoy your stay in the pen.

Now if your life is literally on the line, **** it..bite his nuts off for all i care..otherwise throw down and let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    lol, you'll be too busy getting your shoulder torn out

btw... if you learned that stuff in "self defence" - on the street, people dont let you touch their face, so eye gouging would be pretty rough, and biting is just pain, no real damage will be caused, good luck having the accuracy to punch a guy in the throat.

I'd put a sport kickboxer/BJJ guy against a self-defense guy anyday

Thread Information