Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sharky72 is offline Associate Member

We need some decent heavy weights in UFC

Just watch Tim Silvia on ultilmate fight night. He won by decision, but it was a poor excuse of a fight.His win pits him up against the Pitbull again. Andrea was in the crowd and just seemed rather amused at how sloppy both fighters looked.LOL Tim is going down harder and faster than he did in the 1st fight.
    Its a shame there isnt a more worthy heavyweight to give Arvlovski a challenge

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Has Frank Mirr come back yet?

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree. Frank Mir will suffer the same fate. I think he is nothing but a paper tiger who is gonna get demolished. He will be run out of the UFC sooner or later.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    I agree. Frank Mir will suffer the same fate. I think he is nothing but a paper tiger who is gonna get demolished. He will be run out of the UFC sooner or later.
    agreed!

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Damn i have been saying this for over 6 months now.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i was expecting a letdown with that silva guy (i hadn't seen him fight before) and go one.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I agree. Its like these taller fighters arent as exciting to watch either. Like Silvia is in horrible shape. The guy must not touch a weight at all. If I want to watch heavyweights, I want it to be some solid dudes sluggin it out( I dont mean bodybuilders either, I just mean solid not huge). Silvia is nothing without his long reach, in my opinion. You get a guy that keeps shooting in on him and hell get taken down, then beat down cause his ground game is horrible. Besides, hes a pussy ass, cheating bitch as he proved last night. He was going to get taken down, so he grabed the links of the cage with his fingers to keep himself up. Hes a bitch, enough said.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    The topic should have been some decent fighters in Ufc.

to be fair theres like 5-6 maybe 7 decent fighters in all that are in the ufc.

if you look back to like 1995 when ufc first kicked off at was the same then couple of fighters dominating wieghts catagorys and the rest are there to go along with the ride.

Maybe its the money i dunno.

Monsteronjuice is offline Associate Member
    well we can all say how horrible they are, truth is they are in ufc and would pound all of you... thats just my opinon, they jsut dont pick random people off streets

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteronjuice
    well we can all say how horrible they are, truth is they are in ufc and would pound all of you... thats just my opinon, they jsut dont pick random people off streets
    Well since this is a forum and peopel generaly depabte on different things.

I think what most people are trying to say is the standard of fighting in ufc isnt very good.

Logan13 is offline Banned

Silvia

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky72
    Just watch Tim Silvia on ultilmate fight night. He won by decision, but it was a poor excuse of a fight.His win pits him up against the Pitbull again. Andrea was in the crowd and just seemed rather amused at how sloppy both fighters looked.LOL Tim is going down harder and faster than he did in the 1st fight.
    Its a shame there isnt a more worthy heavyweight to give Arvlovski a challenge
    He is just too awkward and Uncoordinated. Arlovski will beat his ass. Tim trains down the road from where I am typing, but I do not believe that he can stand with Arlovski.....

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteronjuice
    yeah they could beat 99.99 of peoples' asses in a fair go but we're more complaining about a lack of elite mma fighters in the ufc, and the fact that dana white is promoting his reality tv stars over better fighters who would be making more money and be less marketable to people who are only familiar with the tv series.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    they need to allow Sylvia to go back on juice. he looked horrible versus Silva and a few shots seemed to have rocked him.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I was pissed off I stayed up thet late to watch that pitifull fight, Arloski (sp) must be licking his chops.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    So you guys don't think Mir could put up a better fight than Sylvia?

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I do think Tim S will get beat by Andrea but he is not as bad as so many people make him out to be. I think he is around 7 in the rankings imho. I mean if the rematch him with Mir he will win made a tatical mistake in the first fight. He is not a elite 5 heavyweight but he is good. Also he just has that body type that wont get ripped. He is in shape and hits very hard so to say he never lifts weights based solely on his body type is a very ignorant thing to say.

My point isnt that he doesnt lift weights at all, I was just venting. Of course he lifts weights, but he needs to lean up and replace some of that bodyfat he has with some lean muscle. And to the guy that said that Silvia would kick all of our asses, yeah Im sure he would considering I have a torn rotator cuff and dont devote my life to MMA. What a stupid comment on your part. We were not comparing Silvia to ourselves in a fight, but with other top ranked contendors. Come on man get your head straight and get in the disscusion.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    My point isnt that he doesnt lift weights at all, I was just venting. Of course he lifts weights, but he needs to lean up and replace some of that bodyfat he has with some lean muscle. And to the guy that said that Silvia would kick all of our asses, yeah Im sure he would considering I have a torn rotator cuff and dont devote my life to MMA. What a stupid comment on your part. We were not comparing Silvia to ourselves in a fight, but with other top ranked contendors. Come on man get your head straight and get in the disscusion.
    He has leaned up and he just doesn't have one of those ripped body types, thats why he was on the juice he said it was to get ripped. Fedor has one of those body types to that just doesn't get ripped. I am not flamming you or anything. Also he is in shape Hughes said he has some of the best cardio their. If anything to get better he needs to work on his ground game not getting a six pack

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    He has leaned up and he just doesn't have one of those ripped body types, thats why he was on the juice he said it was to get ripped. Fedor has one of those body types to that just doesn't get ripped. I am not flamming you or anything. Also he is in shape Hughes said he has some of the best cardio their. If anything to get better he needs to work on his ground game not getting a six pack
    Fedor is soild bro you dont see any of that jiggle, If I have to watc one more fight watching Silvia's belly jiggle back and forth...ughh. He is real sloppy and has gotten worse over the years.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    Fedor is soild bro you dont see any of that jiggle, If I have to watc one more fight watching Silvia's belly jiggle back and forth...ughh. He is real sloppy and has gotten worse over the years.
    I know... When Silvia was on the juice he was more solid and definitely a better fighter. Now he just looks sloppy. His striking and footwork seems clumsy. Without his reach and height advantage (which is HUGE) he wouldn't have a chance, IMO.

i was thinking of going into the ufc, then you can put my name on the list

Fedor is solid but watch fedor nog 3 he is bouncing and thier is jiggle(not comparing tim to fedor) but he is pretty elite to consider pride wanted him. Look at Mir he should firm up and grow some lungs. His footwork isn't smooth but thats pretty hard when your 6'8 and he has slimmed down since being in the ufc he weighed less this time around then when he fought tra T. I mean is not super likable but not nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be people make him out to be a little better then Wes Simms. He is a good heavy weight and a very good addition to the UFC heavyweight stable and soon Mir will get cut becouse like many have said paper tiger. So you should tell them to add more quality heavyweights instead of getting guys like Whitehead and Imes.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I suggest the UFC goes away..its only getting shittier from here on out.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I suggest the UFC goes away..its only getting shittier from here on out.
    That is not a good idea, dont forget that UFC is the biggest mma organization in the US.

But you got a point on getting shitter, UFC should get there act togheter, and build up a better product.

The 170 division in the UFC is very strong and exciting to watch.

Has for the rest there is some serious work to be done, its getting tiring to watch Arlovski beat up some second grade fighter.

I would enjoy a match between him and Mir sooner the better.

I live in Montreal , Canada and we have TKO, where George St-Pierre, David Loiseau, Jonathan Goulet, Patrick Cote come from, was good when theses guys fought.

Now you should see the fighters and the false advstisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    My point exactly. Fedor is solid and Silvia isnt even close to his league. You sir, mn_fighter, are wrong, and I take great offense to you comparing Tim's build to Fedor's. LOL

I did not say they have the same build I said they both have some jiggle nor did I say Tim any were near fedors level I am just saying dont judge a fighter on his build

I did not say they have the same build I said they both have some jiggle nor did I say Tim any were near fedors level I am just saying dont judge a fighter on his build
    Fair enough.

what does the sign say in your avatar?

Yeah Josh Barnett was a fat little chubby with lots of jiggle and he beat almost everyone.

He has one hell of a shape today tought

what does the sign say in your avatar?
    Thats my buddy Chris, and it says Im a Fukin homo.
    He is 5'7 at 310 lbs. Hes funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    That is not a good idea, dont forget that UFC is the biggest mma organization in the US.

But you got a point on getting shitter, UFC should get there act togheter, and build up a better product.

The 170 division in the UFC is very strong and exciting to watch.

Has for the rest there is some serious work to be done, its getting tiring to watch Arlovski beat up some second grade fighter.

I would enjoy a match between him and Mir sooner the better.

I live in Montreal , Canada and we have TKO, where George St-Pierre, David Loiseau, Jonathan Goulet, Patrick Cote come from, was good when theses guys fought.

Now you should see the fighters and the false advstisement.

I agree, the UFC is the biggest MMA event in the USA but with that said, thats not saying much. lol

I just hate to see the direction they are going in, yes i always wanted this sport to be seen so people could see that it is a sport and the fighters are highly skilled and train hard and is no longer the BS from the past.

What the UFC is doing with this reality series is killing me, if someone tuned in to the UFC for the first time and watched UFN III last Monday they would think all MMA fighters suck and are slobs.

They have no idea that Leben and the rest of the TUF guysd are actually B level fighters, Zuffa is matching them up with every intention of them winning the match, only one going against that thouhgt was Quarry vs Franklin and we all know what happened...Quarry was exposed big ****ing time..can you say KTFO!

They refuse to bring in any foreign talent it seems, Zuffa has pretty much made it clear that they don't want a foreign champion if at all possible, Arlovski is killing those slobs they are throwing at him and it pathetic. Zuffa is praying Mir can take him out..i doubt he will be able to.

There are quite a few HWs Zuffa could acquire to make things interesting, they should keep Assuerio regardless of the Sylvia fight as he could give Arlovski some serious trouble, if you have'nt seen Assuerio fight before don't let the Sylvia fight fool you.

They could also bring in Anderson Silva for the MW division and bring Lindland back, boring or not he beats people and is American.

I agree, the UFC is the biggest MMA event in the USA but with that said, thats not saying much. lol

I just hate to see the direction they are going in, yes i always wanted this sport to be seen so people could see that it is a sport and the fighters are highly skilled and train hard and is no longer the BS from the past.

What the UFC is doing with this reality series is killing me, if someone tuned in to the UFC for the first time and watched UFN III last Monday they would think all MMA fighters suck and are slobs.

They have no idea that Leben and the rest of the TUF guysd are actually B level fighters, Zuffa is matching them up with every intention of them winning the match, only one going against that thouhgt was Quarry vs Franklin and we all know what happened...Quarry was exposed big ****ing time..can you say KTFO!

They refuse to bring in any foreign talent it seems, Zuffa has pretty much made it clear that they don't want a foreign champion if at all possible, Arlovski is killing those slobs they are throwing at him and it pathetic. Zuffa is praying Mir can take him out..i doubt he will be able to.

There are quite a few HWs Zuffa could acquire to make things interesting, they should keep Assuerio regardless of the Sylvia fight as he could give Arlovski some serious trouble, if you have'nt seen Assuerio fight before don't let the Sylvia fight fool you.

They could also bring in Anderson Silva for the MW division and bring Lindland back, boring or not he beats people and is American.
    Are you a tuf basher, Leben beat cote who everyone said would smash leben the leben beat him he is a b level fighter. He then fights Edwin Dewees Leben is going to get smashed. Leben wins Dewees was nervous and never that good. Fights Riveria a who has beat The crow who is the number one contender but Leben beats him and all of sudden Riveria is not that good. You say Tim S is a fat slab yet he beat Silvia, I agree some TUF guys should get cut but dont lump them all together. Secondly its hard to bring in Foreign fighters when Pride's pockets are alot deeper. So stop insulting all these fighters calling them B level some are yeah what about pride king of B level fights. Alot of cans in pride, Lets see you Giant Silvia or Senteryou who else tell me how good is chonan or minowa? Yeah B level fighters, stop putting pride up on some pedestal really they have a great heavyweight division no doubt and a good 205 division. But they are not just leap and bounds ahead of the ufc. They have better fighters yes but not as many as you make it sounds like ufc is King of the cage. Pride is better yes but stop slamming so many fighters

In my opinion Pride has a much better roster overall, especiall in the heavyweights, but thats a given. I still enjoy watching UFC though.

Are you a tuf basher, Leben beat cote who everyone said would smash leben the leben beat him he is a b level fighter. He then fights Edwin Dewees Leben is going to get smashed. Leben wins Dewees was nervous and never that good. Fights Riveria a who has beat The crow who is the number one contender but Leben beats him and all of sudden Riveria is not that good. You say Tim S is a fat slab yet he beat Silvia, I agree some TUF guys should get cut but dont lump them all together. Secondly its hard to bring in Foreign fighters when Pride's pockets are alot deeper. So stop insulting all these fighters calling them B level some are yeah what about pride king of B level fights. Alot of cans in pride, Lets see you Giant Silvia or Senteryou who else tell me how good is chonan or minowa? Yeah B level fighters, stop putting pride up on some pedestal really they have a great heavyweight division no doubt and a good 205 division. But they are not just leap and bounds ahead of the ufc. They have better fighters yes but not as many as you make it sounds like ufc is King of the cage. Pride is better yes but stop slamming so many fighters

Sad thing is that Pride throws cans in to get stomped to shit by A-level fighters and has some circus acts for fun. UFC's cans are it's A-level fighters. You got nobody contending AA in the HW division. You dont have too many contenders for Lidell except people that already fought him, you dont have that many for franklin. If franklin holds the belt this year and UFC doesnt get any new middleweights on the roster than Franklin will stand alone like AA. The only division that the UFC has a good one is the WW. Matt Hughes has a line to fight him. If AA leaves UFC which he is contemplating then UFC's heavyweight division is absolutely finished and will be for a loooong time. No Pride heavyweights will come to the UFC cuz it will be looked as if they're cutting and running for an easy belt to get. They're LHW division will be a problem within the next year or two if they dont get fresh faces in there. Couture will prolly be done in a fight or two. Lidell is getting old. Vitor is gone. Irvin has shown he's not really a contender, then you got the good ol, TUF guys...I like forrest I do but there is no way he'll hang with decent heavies and that goes for Bonnar as well. Looks like Tito will get the belt back. I'm thinking that Quinton Jackson will go to the UFC cuz he said he's done with Pride. Then you will have Ortiz and Jackson fight each other 40 times in a row IF they even agree to fight cuz they're friends.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    agreed with above...IMO,
    UFC-Triple A
    Pride-The show!

This is not about UFC vs Pride.

I am simply stating facts...am i a TUF basher? In a sense i must say that i am. Don't get me wrong Leben has skills, hell all the TUF guys have some degree of skill but what i am arguing is Zuffa trying to make them into something there not and that is A+ fighters. They are so thin on talent its a disgrace and it is their own fault. What makes it even worse is the PPV prices..quote me "Zuffa will not stop until the UFC resembles boxing and PPV's will run $49.95"

The only quality fighters that have come out of TUF IMO are:

Forrest: Not that great but has alot of heart and that along with maturing as a fighter can earn him UFC gold in the next 2-3 years IMO.

Quarry: Got skills but was puched way to fat and we know the result of that.

Sanchez: Has got skills but is being hand fed fighters and is annoying as shit, once he steps in with the top 3 WW..he will get exposed. (Top 3 being Hughes, GSP, Penn).

This is not about UFC vs Pride.

I am simply stating facts...am i a TUF basher? In a sense i must say that i am. Don't get me wrong Leben has skills, hell all the TUF guys have some degree of skill but what i am arguing is Zuffa trying to make them into something there not and that is A+ fighters. They are so thin on talent its a disgrace and it is their own fault. What makes it even worse is the PPV prices..quote me "Zuffa will not stop until the UFC resembles boxing and PPV's will run $49.95"

The only quality fighters that have come out of TUF IMO are:

Forrest: Not that great but has alot of heart and that along with maturing as a fighter can earn him UFC gold in the next 2-3 years IMO.

Quarry: Got skills but was puched way to fat and we know the result of that.

Sanchez: Has got skills but is being hand fed fighters and is annoying as shit, once he steps in with the top 3 WW..he will get exposed. (Top 3 being Hughes, GSP, Penn).
    Why is there not any talented MMA fighters in the USA? I am just asking your opinion on why there is such a lack of talent...especially in the HW division???

I did enjoy TUF, it actually gives you a glipse of the MMA training, and for anyone that has competed gives you a sad taste of fighting your friends in the finals and the bonds that are created with the guys you train with.

I can only comment on the first season cause its the only one i have seen on dvd.

Its not true that there is no good fighter in the US, there are great fighters everywhere around the world, either it be US, Canada, Brazil, Japan or anywhere else.

Its just that some of the UFC cards have been pitiful.

Still i respect the UFC a lot cause they where the first to bring us NHB MMA, i add seen pancrase before UFC but it was nothing like it.

Pride with deeper pockets cashed in on the MMA back in 1997, at that time UFC was already a full blown sport with rounds and new rules added which made it much better.

I really hope the UFC gets working on thoses damn DVD, i know that UFC 1-2 are available right now on dvd but the rest should come faster.

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Why is there not any talented MMA fighters in the USA? I am just asking your opinion on why there is such a lack of talent...especially in the HW division???

Pride's just got deeper pockets to work with. k-1 vs Pride got over 90,000 people in a stadium to watch this event thats how huge it is. With front row tickets going for almost 10,000$ not to mention its on basic television and is viewed by 10's of millions. The UFC is IMO still trying to recover from how they were first marketed and how it was first created. As a talentless bloodsport. Unfortunately its run by no genius either. Dana White has made some good decision but some terrible ones as well. Including a media blackout of the sport to the internet which is 99% of its fans get info. The internet is IMO what saved this sport and what helped it grow and to turn your back on all the fans like that is a slap in the face. I kinda rambled on there.

Pride's just got deeper pockets to work with. k-1 vs Pride got over 90,000 people in a stadium to watch this event thats how huge it is. With front row tickets going for almost 10,000$ not to mention its on basic television and is viewed by 10's of millions. The UFC is IMO still trying to recover from how they were first marketed and how it was first created. As a talentless bloodsport. Unfortunately its run by no genius either. Dana White has made some good decision but some terrible ones as well. Including a media blackout of the sport to the internet which is 99% of its fans get info. The internet is IMO what saved this sport and what helped it grow and to turn your back on all the fans like that is a slap in the face. I kinda rambled on there.
    Even with the few American HW fighters in Pride....I still thought that there would be better athletes in MMA. I mean, of all the people in the US, I thought that there would be more talent.

Name the top 10 American HW fighters:

My point is that there is no one, why, even the Americans HW in pride, I just thouhgt there would be more talent.

Does anyone expect a big difference in the level of talent in the next 5- 10 years, especially as the sport is growing???
    Last edited by catabolic kid; 01-24-2006 at 07:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information