QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member

One discipline for the rest of ur life ... and y ??

If you could only practice one style for the rest of ur life ... what would it be and y ???

and if given the chance to supplement with another style ... which would u add ???

for ex.... Muay Thai & BJJ .... because .....

nobody huh ??

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Perry hard question, i practive traditional karate shotokan, kyokushi, and tkd.

I would not want to go back and i just plain hated katas.

I love the stand up fighting and i would like to take step it up a notch, i would have to say Muay Thai.

I just bought a dvd on Muay thai and the training is amazing, sparring too so i guess that when i try it for real i will be able to say i wanna practive for the rest of my life.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    some form of grappling. ive been doing bjj, but id like to look into judo as well.

I think No Gi jiu jitsu is awesome...especially at the club I have just started attending where we start all sessions off with double leg or single leg takedowns. I really like this just because i tried out a different BJJ class and they never worked takedowns and I feel that is the weakness of most of the best BJJ fighters in MMA...they look really awkward with their takedowns, in my opinion making them incomplete grapplers. It is like a great striker who cannot utilize his striking because he cannot defend against a takedown.

So, BJJ and the BJJ is complimented with the shots of frestyle wrestling.

Also, in terms of practicing an art for "the rest of your life" I feel grappling is much easier on your body than striking arts like Muay Thai or boxing. Not only is it easier but it is a better overall workout than striking.

jkdpress10 is offline Junior Member
    I Dont Think That There Is Any Art That Is "easy On The Body" Unless You Have An Easy State Of Mind About It. Mastery Should Be The Goal. But There Should Never Be A Goal Really Beacause The Only Thing Mastery Means Is How Can I Improve My Art? What Other Art(s) Can I Master? And How Effective Really Is My Art?

jkdpress10 is offline Junior Member
    It Is Not Fair To Martial Arts To Limit It To Just One Because Just One Will Get One Hurt Soon Enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jkdpress10
    It Is Not Fair To Martial Arts To Limit It To Just One Because Just One Will Get One Hurt Soon Enough.
    I am impressed...you are very wise.

An old person would have an easier time rolling in a jiu jitsu class than he would have striking heavy bags and sparring in Muay Thai...that is what I am saying.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    If I could only train one style just for fun it would be greco roman wrestling with No gi BJJ. If I had to train two styles for pracitical mma it would be Greco Roman wrestling and Boxing. I just love wrestling but I dont think I would ever just pick two. Neat idea anyway

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    kajukenbo, closest thing to street fighting, and add bjj for ground work

boxing if you consider that a martial art or muay thai.

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    BJJ, why? Because of realistic longevity and realistic effectiveness, especially when you become a bit older and more fragile. I love the fact that technique is more important then strength.

Where I train we have the opportunity to be taught by Flavio Behring two weeks per year. He has been practicing Jiu Jitsu for over 50 years. I believe he is close to or just over 70 years old.

Who is going to guess some old man to take you down and break your arm.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    tai chi of course

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    i love sambo and specifically combat sambo, it's got everything and is extremely effective.

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    I dissagree with all of you, and I train in BJJ and mui tai, I would say Grav Magga, Its pretty much the most deadly fighting techniques in the world, has both standing, ground work, and judo throws, as well as crazy submissions. If you are looking for sumthing to do for life thats matto is killing is the only way to beat your oppenent, then Grav Magga it is. I am going to start it soon, for I am going to be a cop in the future and would like to know techniques that could save my life...

Quote Originally Posted by Therocksbiggestfan
    I dissagree with all of you, and I train in BJJ and mui tai, I would say Grav Magga, Its pretty much the most deadly fighting techniques in the world, has both standing, ground work, and judo throws, as well as crazy submissions. If you are looking for sumthing to do for life thats matto is killing is the only way to beat your oppenent, then Grav Magga it is. I am going to start it soon, for I am going to be a cop in the future and would like to know techniques that could save my life...

What do you think combat sambo consists of?

Isnt the spelling krav Magga? Also I dont think its too popular in the US but I took russian Systema that vladimir teachers. Anyone else ever try that?

russianmartialart (dot) com

Quote Originally Posted by Therocksbiggestfan

where do u plan on training krav maga at ???

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    There is a training yard for Krav Maga her in indy in the rich ass town of Fishers. I used to do it with my dad when I was in middle school and been getting back into it. I been training for the two years i've been in college. used mainly by the Israel Gov. Natanya Isreal Is Where my 10th degree bb instructors come from. I hate training with them because they take it so damn serious, like I'm only a first degree bb and they fight me like i just punched their wives. Guess that's how they make you great. Headquarters is in LA if any of you guys are from the West Coast.

I didnt know krav maga had belts. I thought you just learned some basic moves and wore big body suites and did live situations full speed?

Quote Originally Posted by groundandpoundpwr21
    Isnt the spelling krav Magga? Also I dont think its too popular in the US but I took russian Systema that vladimir teachers. Anyone else ever try that?

russianmartialart (dot) com

I trained for YEARS with under voronov teachings. Then he started making money and it got a little costly even when I thought I was gonna get a pass with it and I started training under Dimitry Demyenkov who I found a great instructor also.

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    yoga or tai chi for me.

yoga huh ???

Monsteronjuice is offline Associate Member
    Caporeia... That way I can dance and get all the fine hunnys

bump ... see if we can keep this goin

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Bjj

If you have to choose one for life, it's BJJ. It gets easier on your body the more you practise and the better your techniques get. Plus it's a great mental workout: kinda like chess in a gi.

Thread Information