Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tedbear981 is offline Member
    He said he trains like crazy and eats whatever he wants....it seems to work.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    He said he doesnt give a shit about his diet, he just stays away from sweets and extra fatty stuff. Other than that I believe he said he eats everything in site.
    Good for him, when I wrestled I dieted to much and it hurt my strength and energy levels, I would do things much differently if I had the chance again. Its to bad they set up Coleman like this, I hope it isnt his last fight, think odds are against him this time. I would like to see Silva vs Shogun that would be something. He'll do well as heavy weight, as long as he keeps his head in it and not let being a open class get to him. Cant wait to see how he bulks up.

I have not seen much of Shogun, so my opinion does not carry much weight, but I think that he is making a mistake going to heavyweight. I would like to see him fight Cro Cop though.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    I have not seen much of Shogun, so my opinion does not carry much weight, but I think that he is making a mistake going to heavyweight. I would like to see him fight Cro Cop though.

Enjoy:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84612&q=Shogun

Shogun does not care about giving up a takedown or a position and never stops as you will see in that video. He just lets his game loose.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Enjoy:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84612&q=Shogun

Shogun does not care about giving up a takedown or a position and never stops as you will see in that video. He just lets his game loose.
    I have seen his two fights when he won the grand prix. All I can remember from that fights is him stomping on Alistair and Arona. I was very surprised at how fast he finished two very tough opponents...eso Arona. Also, I have seen his brother fight and he is very wild in the ring as well. I cant download these clips now, but I will tomorrow at school...it took me 2 and a half hours to download 6 minutes of the FEDOR highlight. I am going to purchase the next PRIDE with shogun in it for sure...that is going to be an awesome card!!

Do you know what age Shogun started training...I know Wanderlei started at 14 with chute box.

Do you know what age Shogun started training...I know Wanderlei started at 14 with chute box.
    Believe it or not but Shogun has only trained for roughly 3-4 years. Eduardo (fcfighter.com writer and translator for Shogun & Ninja's seminars) has talked about it alot since Shogun won the GP.

Shogun is young and is only getting better, he is fearless and lets game go and the result is in the ring.

Believe it or not but Shogun has only trained for roughly 3-4 years. Eduardo (fcfighter.com writer and translator for Shogun & Ninja's seminars) has talked about it alot since Shogun won the GP.

Shogun is young and is only getting better, he is fearless and lets game go and the result is in the ring.
    Shogun is like 24 years old I think, right?

He started training at 20 or 21 years old....and he is arguably the best 205 in the world....that is amazing. I assumed that he had trained since he was very young, what about murilo?

Also, describe what you think are some of Shoguns strengths that separate him from the other strikers...what is it about him ( in your opinion) that gives hm the ability to dominate with little training in comparison? How would you rate his punching power????

Shogun is like 24 years old I think, right?

He started training at 20 or 21 years old....and he is arguably the best 205 in the world....that is amazing. I assumed that he had trained since he was very young, what about murilo?

Also, describe what you think are some of Shoguns strengths that separate him from the other strikers...what is it about him ( in your opinion) that gives hm the ability to dominate with little training in comparison? How would you rate his punching power????
    Silva beat him pretty convincingly the last time...I think they need to fight a third time but until then Wandy still sits on top IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    Silva beat him pretty convincingly the last time...I think they need to fight a third time but until then Wandy still sits on top IMO.

What?

Wand has not fought Shogun outside the academy.

What makes Shogun so good after such a short time of training? Natural ability mixed with Chute Boxe philosophy of aggression and violence i suppose. He is alot bigger than Ninja and can carry more weight as he is 6'1 if i am correct. He also is a risk taker, who else does spinning flashy jumps in a title fight? wtf? He is crazy like that and wants to put on a good show for the fans and i think he learned this from Wanderlei. As far as his punching power..ask Rampage, Arona, Minotoro and the rest of his opponents.

I don't think his punches are as fast or as powerful as Wanderlei's but they get the job done and will only get stronger as he ages and grows into his natural weight. Look at him from his first fight and then look at him now, you can already see the difference.

sorry bro. getting 2 fighters mixed up, should have read the whole thing!

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    What?

Wand has not fought Shogun outside the academy.

What makes Shogun so good after such a short time of training? Natural ability mixed with Chute Boxe philosophy of aggression and violence i suppose. He is alot bigger than Ninja and can carry more weight as he is 6'1 if i am correct. He also is a risk taker, who else does spinning flashy jumps in a title fight? wtf? He is crazy like that and wants to put on a good show for the fans and i think he learned this from Wanderlei. As far as his punching power..ask Rampage, Arona, Minotoro and the rest of his opponents.

I don't think his punches are as fast or as powerful as Wanderlei's but they get the job done and will only get stronger as he ages and grows into his natural weight. Look at him from his first fight and then look at him now, you can already see the difference.

Yeah I agree, and I think he just loves to do this and eats, sleeps, and shits thinking about training and loving every minute of it. Loving something that much can motivate you more than anything else can. If your hearts not in it then you will go nowhere. Everytime you see him he has a smile on his face and it seems he's smiling up until the point where he goes into the ring.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Muriloninja is right he will grow into a fine heavyweight not to mention he is a huge 205 pounder. Let him grow into and put on some solid weight and in 2-3 years he will be a force.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Muriloninja is right he will grow into a fine heavyweight not to mention he is a huge 205 pounder. Let him grow into and put on some solid weight and in 2-3 years he will be a force.
    I know he is a popular fighter right now, so if I were to say something negative about him everyone would disagree. But, I do not think he will do well with his style in Heavyweight. I think that the only reason why he can get away with his high risk/reward style is becuase he is a huge 205 pounder and can handle himself when he is in bad positions against weaker fighters. I think that the Heavyweight fighters would capitalize on his risk taking. I also do not think he is going to get so much bigger....unless you think he will use roids....I am naive when it comes to fighters on roids, I think that most dont use them, but I am probably wrong. So, I do not think he will do as good as evertone thinks in Heavyweight.

Vice is offline Associate Member
    Kerr vs Fedor under Vale Tudo = Kerr in a coma!

Kerr was a control machine in ADCC, Fedor has better TD defense than some think but what happens if you get him down, he has awesome submissions and has proven that several times now. And if he could'nt sub Kerr (i think he could) he would at least be able to get out from under him...you gotta remember just how explosive Fedor is..its insane the explosions he displays.

Kerr is a class act and one of the nicest guys around, he is retired now and we are left to speculate. One thing is for sure he was a "Specimen".
    Word on the street is, Kerr has a fight coming up vs Wess Sims......

He's what 38 now? his hay day has past, but I'm still happy to see him give it another go, hopefully he comes in shape this time.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    Word on the street is, Kerr has a fight coming up vs Wess Sims......

He's what 38 now? his hay day has past, but I'm still happy to see him give it another go, hopefully he comes in shape this time.

I heard this as well.

JTJT123 is offline New Member
    '''''''''''

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information