Tito Ortiz vs. Forest Griffin

Going Dowin in April, 2006 , any thoughts on the outcome of this matchup? Will Tito come out strong after his lengthy absence, or fall to the new up and comer? Personally my vote goes to Tito

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    i'll pick tito

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    tito, well rounded fighter.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I think it will go to the ground and Tito will take it.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    tito for sure. tito has been rolling with rampage, and i bet it goes ground.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I am going to go with Tito. I just hope it isn't another Franklin/Quarry in the making. That would be sad because I really like Forrest's attitude when it comes to fighting.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Tito is the obvious favorite here, but everyone likes griffin's attitude over tito. I predict tito will ground, mount, and pound forest for the win.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Tito has the upperhand, but Ill be rooting for Forest, I just like that guy and has more heart then most in the ring.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I think most people will go with Tito. He is a ADCC competitor and took 2nd or 3rd this year not sure. He has good wrestling and good ground and pound. We do know forrest has a good chin and I highly doubt the KO. Now people say Forrest is at his best on the ground and has a highly underestimated ground game. I think if Forrest can sprawl and Brawl his heart will get him the win. That being said I dont think he will win. I think it will be a UD for Tito or a late 3rd ref stoppage. Either way its a win win for the UFC. No one expects Forrest to win he goes out and puts on a good fight people will love him even more all he has to do is show heart. Tito wins he beat a "big name" and crowd favorite and will be back putting ass's in seats again. This match up is just a win win for the UFC.

lowstace is offline Banned
    Tito Is Back Baby Ever Think He Used Gh

lowstace is offline Banned
    yo tito by ko quick

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Just be great to see Tito back, MMA needs him he is one funny guy, if he can get back and fight like he did against Ken at Vendetta UFC40, Griffin wont stand a shadow of a dancing queens chance

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Just be great to see Tito back, MMA needs him he is one funny guy, if he can get back and fight like he did against Ken at Vendetta UFC40, Griffin wont stand a shadow of a dancing queens chance
    Oh yeah becouse Ken was so dangerous at that time. I hate to say it but Griffen matches up style wise much better against tito then shamrock does. I do think Tito will win but it wont be some blow out, convincing yes but not a blow out. I mean he didn't blow Cote out of the water but beat him. I see this fight going like that only harder for Tito. I mean Tito hasn't looked good since got beat by Couture

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Oh yeah becouse Ken was so dangerous at that time. I hate to say it but Griffen matches up style wise much better against tito then shamrock does. I do think Tito will win but it wont be some blow out, convincing yes but not a blow out. I mean he didn't blow Cote out of the water but beat him. I see this fight going like that only harder for Tito. I mean Tito hasn't looked good since got beat by Couture
    Ken has not been a treat since he came back in 1999 from is pro wrestling run, its like he never cought on, and was way to much into is pro wrestling gimmick at that time.

Ken took to much steroids and fought way to heavy, sad cause he really is a nice person in real life.

I think this will be a very good fight. I predict that tito will win by a decision. Forrest is too well rounded and has too much heart. The only way I see this fight not going the distance is if tito gets forrest on the ground and lands some solid elbows, which would stop the fight by a cut. But, again, I think that the will end in a decision in favor of tito. What is going to be interesting to see is how well Forrest avoids takedowns and who wins the stand up.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Forest Griffons manager should be fvckin fired

what a horrable match up, just like the Quarry/Franklin, wtf is wrong with these fight organizers? Tito obviously is going to win, Griffon is going to take alot of damage but keep going to make a good show to the viewers.

These kind of "set up" matches is why the UFC sucks

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer

what a horrable match up, just like the Quarry/Franklin, wtf is wrong with these fight organizers? Tito obviously is going to win, Griffon is going to take alot of damage but keep going to make a good show to the viewers.

Really I think its a win win for Forrest in real MMA fans eyes. One he is not expected to win so all he has do to is put on a good performance and he will look legit. Now let say he wins now is he a top 10 fighter and makes TUF look very legit in mma viewers eyes. Also he has to be tested, so really its a win win sitution for Forrest and the UFC. Now on the other hand if it turns out like Nate "rock'em sock'em robot" Quarry, its going to be very bad for UFC and TUF show. I dont think it will but I have been wrong before.

Sharky72 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer

Ditto.. A couple more fights before taking on Tito was the smart route

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Im going to pick Forrest as a change of pace...Tito has lost what 2 out of his last 3? the only one he won was over the the inconsistent Belfort who gased out. Plus he had to crawl on his hands and knees back to UFC after he lowered his asking price to Pride 3 times and they still didnt want him even for a 1 fight deal. He is also prob taking forrest very lightly and I think he is past his prime....... Forest by KO with a straight right hand..first round. IMO

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i posted this same thread a while back and the fight is basicaly a warm up for tito, i dont care for forrest anyway

Thread Information