Tommy Gunn is offline Member

3 day a week amateur boxing routine

I am going to start training for amateur boxing again (I used to box years ago). I'm 26 6' 233 with some body fat. I am going to be boxing training 3 days a week (m,w,f) and I will be lifting and running on the treadmill 2 days a week (tues,thurs.) On Sat. and Sun. I can't workout because I work late on the weekends. Pretty much everyday I work 7 am-3 pm. And on the weekends I usually work late.

How does this boxing routine look?

*I will be doing this boxing routine m,w,f and will be lifting and running on the treadmill tues and thurs.

1. Stretch out
    2. Shadowbox 3 rounds
    3. Spar (Will only be sparring on Mon.)
    4. Punch mitts with boxing trainer
    5. Heavybag, when sparring that day 3 rounds, when not sparring that day number of rounds of next fight.
    6. Wallbag, when sparring that day 3 rounds, when not sparring that day number of rounds of next fight.
    7. Conditioning drills with boxing trainer
    8. Uppercut bag 2 rounds
    9. Jump rope 2 rounds straight than take a round off
    10. Doubleend bag 2 rounds
    11. Focus master 2 rounds (every workout switch up focus pads for punches worked on)
    12. Shadowbox with 3 lbs. dumbells 2 rounds
    13. Shadowbox 1 round
    14. Speedbag 2 rounds straight than take a round off
    15. Maize ball 2 rounds
    16. Stuff trainer wants to work on
    17. Medicine ball and ab work (only doing on Mon.)
    18. Stretch out

How does this routine look? If you want to see my lifting routine, you can see it here:

2 day a week lifting program for boxing

Anyone?

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    are you doing 3 or 5 minute rounds? do you have a reliable & experience sparring partner?

I'm doing 3 minute rounds and 1 minute rests (just like a regular match). I have a good trainer. He used to train me years ago. And the sparring in this gym is tough.

How does my boxing routine and weight lifting routine looK?

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    3 days a week is enough to get back into training...but after a couple of months you need to be training around 5 days a week in order to reach a peak fitness..i dont fight anymore but still train at least 3 times a week.

But i wouldnt mix the wieghts up to much with bag work and cardio...do it on different days....because you body will tire and you will lose speed pretty quick.

Also when you are sparing you need to be fresh so the weekend off is a good idea...just a 15 minute warm up and get straight in there.

Make sure you vary styles of hitting on the bag not just 3 miutes ie: hit the bag non stop for 30 seconds back to jab for 30 seconds then back and forth you will increase on speed and power like that.

You got to remeber everyones genetics arnt the same...so not the same routines works for everyone.

Thread Information